Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Delivery Experience in Fremont

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some more details:
  • The couple next to me was looking for a white/white AWD. The delivery advisor didn't have their configuration at a local lot -- they're not limiting themselves to the inventory that's outside in front.
  • The delivery advisor offered to get them a different color combination if they were interested. They wanted their original config.
  • The delivery advisor mentioned that they have several other lots and they wanted to set them up with delivery in the next few days -- the couple had a factory tour scheduled on Monday and she sounded optimistic that they would be able to land one.
  • I've been here since before the doors opened (75 minutes ago) and haven't been spoken to since I checked in. It's already super busy.
  • They have a live presentation going on -- walking folks through an FAQ basically :)
  • The employees here seem to be volunteers, or at least are not doing their normal jobs. I overheard one asking colleagues what their usual jobs were ("finance" they said).
  • The excitement and positivity from the employees is palpable. Kool-aid in full effect. I'm impressed.

How many vehicles do you estimate they have on the lot? Great way to reduce channel inventory before the end of the quarter and have potentially higher delivery than produced numbers due to carry over from last quarter.

Although I have a vin assigned taking delivery at an event like this would be cool and I’d welcome it.

I’m assuming their might be some concessions maybe we don’t have blue would you be interested in another color or interior or rims etc. Great way to potentiallly upsell to features you didn’t already config for. It seems like it’s best to show up as early as possible to avoid having to potentially make those concessions. But a great strategy on Tesla’s part to say we don’t have this vehicle without EAP would you be interested in a demo to potentially take this vehicle home that matches what you want plus EAP.

Will continue to drive up ASP in Qtr and also potentially margins

Some more details:
  • The couple next to me was looking for a white/white AWD. The delivery advisor didn't have their configuration at a local lot -- they're not limiting themselves to the inventory that's outside in front.
  • The delivery advisor offered to get them a different color combination if they were interested. They wanted their original config.
  • The delivery advisor mentioned that they have several other lots and they wanted to set them up with delivery in the next few days -- the couple had a factory tour scheduled on Monday and she sounded optimistic that they would be able to land one.
  • I've been here since before the doors opened (75 minutes ago) and haven't been spoken to since I checked in. It's already super busy.
  • They have a live presentation going on -- walking folks through an FAQ basically :)
  • The employees here seem to be volunteers, or at least are not doing their normal jobs. I overheard one asking colleagues what their usual jobs were ("finance" they said).
  • The excitement and positivity from the employees is palpable. Kool-aid in full effect. I'm impressed.
Thanks for the info. Can you ask if its possible to walk in there, apply for tesla financing, and get a car in the same visit? My credit union is taking forever to get back to me, so I'm considering that.

If they ever talk with me again ;) yes I will. I'm planning on doing the same -- currently set up as cash but I'm willing to fall back to Tesla financing instead of a more competitive CU rate.

Thanks for the info. Can you ask if its possible to walk in there, apply for tesla financing, and get a car in the same visit? My credit union is taking forever to get back to me, so I'm considering that.

Given this is at the Service Center I wonder if these are all reject cars that have been reworked. Might not matter if they spent time fixing any issues, but would be interesting to find out.

Actually, the are using space vacated by the old service center location. The Fremont Service Center moved a few months ago to a larger space at:

1220 Page Ave, Fremont, CA 94538

Classic ad hoc tesla. :rolleyes:

I was one of the first through the doors and sat patiently and waited for 90 minutes, because there was supposed to be a matching advisor setting me up. I finally approached one of the employees and she confided that I could just go out into the lot and see if there was a config that matches what I wanted, pull the hang tag, and bring it to their order completion station. Another employee mentioned that they were changing the process as the morning went on - we’re 90 minutes into a 9 hour event. Awesome that they are being adaptive but some things (like communication) fall through the cracks.

It seems like there’s no requirement here that the config that you select matches your order — just pick one you like. Almost like a regular dealer!

Attachments

• A98C6E6A-B600-48FF-8BE9-FDA5AE727FFF.jpeg
    A98C6E6A-B600-48FF-8BE9-FDA5AE727FFF.jpeg
    629.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 01C7DA4C-BAF7-46F0-B220-09EB80C28D83.jpeg
    01C7DA4C-BAF7-46F0-B220-09EB80C28D83.jpeg
    589.7 KB · Views: 106
Classic ad hoc tesla. :rolleyes:

I was one of the first through the doors and sat patiently and waited for 90 minutes, because there was supposed to be a matching advisor setting me up. I finally approached one of the employees and she confided that I could just go out into the lot and see if there was a config that matches what I wanted, pull the hang tag, and bring it to their order completion station. Another employee mentioned that they were changing the process as the morning went on - we’re 90 minutes into a 9 hour event. Awesome that they are being adaptive but some things (like communication) fall through the cracks.

It seems like there’s no requirement here that the config that you select matches your order — just pick one you like. Almost like a regular dealer!
Hmmm......cept there is no haggling and everyone pays retail...but you can come in, pick the car you want....and drive off the lot....I like it!

Reactions: xkwizit and webdbbt
I can confirm that applying for Tesla financing on-site is possible. The Tesla advisor says it will add 30-40 minutes. She also said that the Tesla finance team is standing by (off site).