Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Delivery with AMD Ryzen [if you received one please post here]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The purpose of this thread is to make it easy for thread watchers to keep track of when Model 3 deliveries with the AMD Ryzen happen and start to become the norm. Digging through multiple threads to keep up with the status is time consuming, and the spreadsheet can be filled out by anyone online. It seems a lot of people are interested in this, and hopefully this will be useful.

Please post one time after taking delivery of your Model 3 with AMD Ryzen MCU. Include your specs, build date, delivery date, and location; or link to another post if you already have one.

I must be missing something...what does this thread do for us? It tells us that a few dozen cars got the Ryzen, but it doesn't tell you how many have the Intel or what the percentage is. I think the spreadsheet from Twitter, even with it's problems, is a better tracking tool.

When this thread was created, there were zero confirmed model 3s with Ryzens. It became apparent very quick that 16xxxx was the range to shoot for.

Upvote 0
We still doing this?

li_ion_battery.jpg

ryzen~2.jpg

Attachments

• ryzen.jpg
    ryzen.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 0
New Member from Appleton, Wisconsin here. Just picked up my Model 3 Performance, joined the forum, and thought I'd provide some info while I can.

2022 Black/Black Model 3 Performance
Date of Manufacture: 02/2022
Delivery: 2/11/2022
AMD Ryzen: Yes
Lithium Ion Battery: Yes
Dual Pane Rear Windows: doesn't appear to be. Fronts are.
Final Assembly Point: Fremont, CA
Location Picked up at: Tesla Highland Park, IL
VIN: 1693XX

Upvote 0
New Member from Appleton, Wisconsin here. Just picked up my Model 3 Performance, joined the forum, and thought I'd provide some info while I can.

2022 Black/Black Model 3 Performance
Date of Manufacture: 02/2022
Delivery: 2/11/2022
AMD Ryzen: Yes
Lithium Ion Battery: Yes
Dual Pane Rear Windows: doesn't appear to be. Fronts are.
Final Assembly Point: Fremont, CA
Location Picked up at: Tesla Highland Park, IL
VIN: 1693XX
i gotz the same build with fsd and in los angeles. we are unicorns around here so i like to ask what was your date ranges and order date if you feel so incline to share with the class...

Upvote 0
Has anyone confirmed whether or not the new 3/Y's with AMD Ryzen also have the dedicated Radeon 6600m GPU that the S/X have? I remember it was speculated by Ingineerix on Youtube that it would be possible for Tesla to ship cars without the dedicated GPU and use the integrated graphics of the Ryzen.
So the teardowns from a while ago show some sort of Navi23 based GPU, board looked pretty much identical to the S/X variant. When I try to check the GPU via a WebGL script, it reports having a Vega 1 -- but that doesn't mean the Navi23 isn't in there, just might not be exposed to WebGL. My macbook for example has an Intel iGPU and a Radeon Pro 5500M dGPU, and WebGL reports the Intel GPU.

If an S/X owner can browse to this website and check this website, I guess we can at least know if those cars also report having a Vega 1

Upvote 0
So the teardowns from a while ago show some sort of Navi23 based GPU, board looked pretty much identical to the S/X variant. When I try to check the GPU via a WebGL script, it reports having a Vega 1 -- but that doesn't mean the Navi23 isn't in there, just might not be exposed to WebGL. My macbook for example has an Intel iGPU and a Radeon Pro 5500M dGPU, and WebGL reports the Intel GPU.

If an S/X owner can browse to this website and check this website, I guess we can at least know if those cars also report having a Vega 1
Just as an update, a Model S Plaid owner checked it for me, and it also shows the Vega 1 GPU. So still no definitive proof that anything is different. At this point given the teardowns seen before, I'm inclined to believe the CPU/GPU are the same between the two.

Upvote 0
Just as an update, a Model S Plaid owner checked it for me, and it also shows the Vega 1 GPU. So still no definitive proof that anything is different. At this point given the teardowns seen before, I'm inclined to believe the CPU/GPU are the same between the two.

My guess is that Tesla do use the same MCU in 3/Y as in S/X. They want part commonality to save cost. However, I think Tesla will limit the performance of the dGPU in 3/Y or disable it completely, because 10 Tflops gaming isn't advertised by Tesla and they won't give it for free.

Reactions: Blackfish
Upvote 0
My guess is that Tesla do use the same MCU in 3/Y as in S/X. They want part commonality to save cost. However, I think Tesla will limit the performance of the dGPU in 3/Y or disable it completely, because 10 Tflops gaming isn't advertised by Tesla and they won't give it for free.
Wouldn't really make sense to include the physical GPU if they're going to disable it completely. The GPU is on a separate board connected to the main board by a ribbon cable (presumably using a PCIe variant). Would not really have to reengineer anything to not include that.

Reactions: ord3r and modl3mike
Upvote 0