Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 draadje

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ik probeer even mee te rekenen, dus je hebt het over een retourtje van 3 uur. Dan heb je het over 300 km als je gemiddeld 100 rijdt. Dan hoef je met een RWD toch ook niet te laden?
Ik baseer mij op abrp (a better routeplanner). De uitkomst daarvan is voor mijn model 3 lr spot on als ik uitga van +20% max snelheid (ik rij niet streepje 100). Als ik vervolgens dezelfe route uitstippel met een nieuwe rwd moet ik terug onderweg laden, als ik virtueel met 100% thuis vertrek.

Reactions: Michel_AH
Waarom wil je niet onder de 10% aankomen? Dat is toch zonde van je capaciteit? Als ik op superchargers, thuis of bekende plekken navigeer, dan is mijn doel 3%. Onbekende laad locatie op parkeerplaats 5%
Omleiding, afrit missen, laadpaal op locatie onbeschikbaar, onverwacht hogere drain tijdens parkeren,...

Ik denk niet dat er hier veel mensen op een dagelijkse rit alles uitrekenen om met 3-5% thuis aan te komen.

Ik snap de argumenten ook nooit. Als je in de bocht zit, dan heb je kans dat je stuur op de kop staat, maar dan heb je die knoppen ook helemaal niet nodig dunkt me.
UK is a very interesting country. Their roads are not as well designed as Dutch ones. So on both roundabouts and at odd junctions one needs to quickly indicate going right after just having turned left.

Almost no one has driven the highland model for a long time. There was one drive where Björn was getting a ride, driven by a Tesla employee, and the employee had to use his right hand to use the indicators. I will find the video and share it here.

Reactions: Gyrolion
Screenshot 2023-09-17 at 21.33.55.png

The guy has his steering rotated 90 degrees and has to indicate at this moment.
So he pulls his right hand to use the indicators

Screenshot 2023-09-17 at 21.34.09.png

Reactions: Gyrolion
View attachment 974694

The guy has his steering rotated 90 degrees and has to indicate at this moment.
So he pulls his right hand to use the indicators

View attachment 974695

Ja daar zie je het dus: slechte stuurcontrole, en dan staan die knoppen natuurlijk fout.

Moderne rijopleidingen laten de handen zo lang mogelijk 9 en 3 staan, en die knoppen zitten dus netjes bij 9 dus geen probleem.

Reactions: OttoR
Ja daar zie je het dus: slechte stuurcontrole, en dan staan die knoppen natuurlijk fout.

Moderne rijopleidingen laten de handen zo lang mogelijk 9 en 3 staan, en die knoppen zitten dus netjes bij 9 dus geen problem.
His left hand is always at the 9 o'clock position.

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 15.55.29.png

The indicator buttons are now at the 6 o'clock position, his hands are still at the 9 o'clock position. (side note - I tested it recently on a roundabout near my house and when taking the third exit, my steering wheel was turned 180 degrees, so the indicators were upside down at 3 o'clock position)

Screenshot 2023-09-17 at 21.33.55.png

He has to lift his hand now to reach the buttons that are now at the 6 o'clock position

• Helpful
Reactions: ToTheStars

View attachment 974935

The indicator buttons are now at the 6 o'clock position, his hands are still at the 9 o'clock position. (side note - I tested it recently on a roundabout near my house and when taking the third exit, my steering wheel was turned 180 degrees, so the indicators were upside down at 3 o'clock position)

View attachment 974939

He has to lift his hand now to reach the buttons that are now at the 6 o'clock position
see F1 drivers, they do it all the time, righthand turning until 10 or left hand to 2 (so arms cross!)with a lot more power and stress than us. It must be safe enough for us to cling on till a bit past 12 at least.

see F1 drivers, they do it all the time, righthand turning until 10 or left hand to 2 (so arms cross!)with a lot more power and stress than us. It must be safe enough for us to cling on till a bit past 12 at least.
I am sure many Tesla owners want to be F1 drivers. Helaas, they cannot do that on the roads and would not like to do it regularly.

Anyways, I will not be driving one for many years to come. Good night

Reactions: job-lek

View attachment 974935

View attachment 974939

He has shuffled the steering wheel in the turn. This was the preferred steering technique before power steering, but is a legacy technique. The idea was you'd assess how big you needed to steer in before the corner, moved your hands before the corner and steered in the corner so your hands would be 9 and 3 in the corner, because you'd have best control to correct in that case.

In the meantime it's 2023, every car has power steering, and the techniques have evolved. Nowadays, the advice is to keep your hands on the steering wheel, up until the end, and take over. This means your hands are always 9 to 3 on the steering wheel, and you blindly know in which direction your wheels are turned into.

He has shuffled the steering wheel in the turn. This was the preferred steering technique before power steering, but is a legacy technique. The idea was you'd assess how big you needed to steer in before the corner, moved your hands before the corner and steered in the corner so your hands would be 9 and 3 in the corner, because you'd have best control to correct in that case.

In the meantime it's 2023, every car has power steering, and the techniques have evolved. Nowadays, the advice is to keep your hands on the steering wheel, up until the end, and take over. This means your hands are always 9 to 3 on the steering wheel, and you blindly know in which direction your wheels are turned into.

Dat is niet hoe ik het heb geleerd, en de lessen waren in een auto met power steering.
Het overnemen is nog steeds nodig en je zal dus niet altijd je handen in de buurt van de knipperlichten houden als je over een rotonde rijd.

De reden van het overnemen heeft ook niks met power steering wel of niet te maken, maar heeft er mee te maken dat als de airbag er uitklapt je niet met je armen over de airbag zit en je je neus breekt.

Het zal wel wennen zijn als je overstapt naar een stalkless model, alles valt te leren want het is spier geheugen wat je moet trainen, maar toch ben ik er zo op het eerste gezicht wel behoorlijk sceptisch over, ondersteboven, dan is de linkse knipper ineens de rechtse.. je moet behoorlijk wat nadenken terwijl je al met een flink belastende actie bezig bent op een rotonde.

Last edited:

From the video's description

This technique is great for skid control and manoeuvring in tight spaces where you must steer quickly from lock to lock. Generally, it isn't ideal for normal cornering as you'll tend to end up with your arms in a knot mid-corner.

From the same company, they have this page on push-pull driving
Tutorial: Pull-Push Steering - DRIVE 7TENTHS

On this page, it says
You will find this method has benefits when navigating roundabouts and when driving around tight corners, where the steering lock is applied fairly slowly. You will be able to retain maximum control of the vehicle with high steering lock angles, since both hands will be able to grip the wheel at all times.

I once recently recorded myself driving from home to my office and was reviewing that video. I realize I follow this pull-push method when turning 90 degrees or on a roundabout most of the times. Sometimes I do it single handed starting from the 12 o'clock position.

Last edited: