Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 feature wish list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
-Alcantara Headliner
-Power lift gate Frunk/Trunk
-Rear door Emergency Release
-Ventilated Seats cooling
-HUD
-Assignable buttons on the steering wheel (paddles and the four corners)
-Light for the Phone Console
-Button for Glovebox
-Model X, auto-closing doors
-Camper Mode
-Brighter Overhead lights
-Decent Web browser
-Decent USB media player
-Repositioned trunk button from rear seats so that, you can't just break in.
-Car alarm that actually triggers upon glass break
-Stiffer Hood
-More advanced voice controls (A/C / Heating/ ETC)
-Air suspension (but not really a big want)

All of those things get included, and it'd probably be the best car ever for me without question. Would take all of that over FSD.

Autopilot to move to the right about a foot when on a two lane road with vehicles coming at you.

One click autopilot lane change on four lane roads that are not freeways.

Better autopilot speed limit recognition.

Better voice command recognition.

Auto Frunk close.

Door pop option on the screen for people that can't figure out the handles.

+1 for auto-dimming mirror disable (both interior mirror and outside ones).

Autosteer to have an option to move to the LEFT side of the lane when traveling < 35mph. During morning commute on local highways, I keep left in the fast lane to allow motorcycles to safely pass between cars in the #1 and #2 lanes.

- ability to adjust auto-wiper sensitivity (unusable in its current form)
- more aggressive regen options
- password locked driver profiles
- climate control position/settings linked to driver profile
- turn on heated seats from Tesla App
- Blind spot detection
- Spotify, instead of Slacker

Reactions: electrictorque
- Google Calendar integration
- Default card selection (I like to see my current trip odometer / usage, and HATE that I have to swipe and scroll to it every time I start driving)
- Mobile hotspot
- Ability to open the frunk without using the app, or climbing into the car and tapping the display (like double tapping on the door handle, or long pressing the trunk)
- Birds-eye view for parking
- Ability to roll down the windows within the app
- Ventilated seats

Brighter interior lights for trunk, console, and glove box. With the current black interior its too dark to see little items. After sale retro fitting would be nice?
Stiffer frunk lid or auto closure
Why not auto closure for rear trunk too?
Sliding wiper switch that is always accessible
Depending on driving situations I may choose to stay to the left or right of center in my lane. When using auto pilot, the ability to make that same choice, similar to choosing the following length from the car in front would be useful.

Stack-ranked:

TACC chill-level adjustment (I'd like it even more chill on both acceleration and deceleration)*
Passenger-accessible audio mute
Cut steering power when the vehicle is placed in Park after driving
Entertainment improvements (Spotify in USA, USB fixes,...)
Operator hints replace map display in Valet mode (reddit)
Blind spot alerting
Single touch to speak next direction even when directions muted (my 2002 Lexus has this, and it's surprisingly handy)
Associate driver settings with driver phone/card
Map travel-up setting should be sticky (rumored to be in 36.2?)
Self-park (perpendicular and parallel) without neighbor cars
Self-park (perpendicular and parallel) without pulling past
Adaptive (or just modulated, though adaptive would be better, and the hardware is clearly present to do this) brake light flash
Yellow rear turn signals
Map recenters above audio controls when audio controls up
Ability to default audio off regardless of previous audio state
Aerial view for parking (even if it's got a dead zone in front; care more about sides)
Navigation waypoints
Set TACC to current speed even when below limit
Hands free EAP via selfie-cam
Voice command expansion (HVAC, audio, ...)
Text message support for reading incoming messages and dictating new ones
More restrictive valet mode
More sensitive automatic volume
Web browser

Passenger seat memory, my wife is short and I'm tall and its annoying that the passenger seat doesn't remember.

A one click option to move the seats all the way back, all the way front and restore. This would be very handy when cleaning the car.

I wish the P R D were much larger and the selection more obvious. Maybe just some alternative indicator when you not moving and it shows the 0. I have been in the garage and been like did I put in forward or reverse and you have to double check with those tiny little letters and one bolded.

An option to enable the back up camera when homelink opens the garage. I like to turn it on to see when the back of the car is across the threshold of the garage. There is a fridge and shelves in front of the car so I like to be as far back as possible. Its annoying because often people will click a seat belt as we roll into the garage and it hides the back up camera button.

Stereo on the turn signals so its louder on the side your going. This is more as a passenger as the click always seems to come from the right side and I think my wife signaled the wrong way.

I'd like roadside assistance built into the car/Tesla app. Had to use roadside assistance this weekend for a flat and it was very manual, up to the point where I had to give them the location of my car down to the cross street.

Data layers for Navigation (Waze Incident Data, Storm Tracker, etc) + Plus ability to user report Waze incidents
Provider choices for Streaming Media (Spotify, Apple Music, etc instead of just Slacker), and Streaming Radio (SirusXM instead of just TuneIn).
Lookup Album Art and Station Logos via data connection for HD FM Radio playback.
+1 for option to remain unlocked while at home and charging (or at least leave charge port unlocked)
+1 for mirror fold option for homelink
Detailed power use graphs/data

I would REALLY like the ability to disable the car firing up the HVAC and radio every time I open the damn door. Bonus points if this could be geofenced to turn this feature off only at home and work.

If I left gym shoes in the car I go to the garage and open the trunk. The stereo starts. The HVAC whirs to life. Then the frikkin EVSE clunks on because the car wants to suck the HVAC power from the wall. Shut the car, it all shuts off and the EVSE gives another clunk. Rinse, repeat. Super annoying and an unnecessary cycle on all of this equipment.

Also labels on the door buttons would be super. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve barked “no push the button!”

Reactions: SoundDaTrumpet