Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 headlight on app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I missing something?
I need to walk into a very dark parking garage every day and I would love to have the car headlights be on for me.
All the app does is flash them.

I also have a "START" option on my App, I never tried it but wondering if it'll turn your lights on if headlights are set to AUTO (and not OFF)?

As a side question, why do we need a "START" option for a car that's always on?

Next enhancement request -

Controls > Settings -> Vehicle > Headlights on 1m Before Entry
Yes a car as smart as this should know when you are thinking of going somewhere. LOL.

"If you unlock the car with the app, the daylight running lights will stay on for a little while"
I guess this will have to do for now. Not ideal and a safety issue as well.
thanks

I also have a "START" option on my App, I never tried it but wondering if it'll turn your lights on if headlights are set to AUTO (and not OFF)?

As a side question, why do we need a "START" option for a car that's always on?
So someone else can drive your car without you having to give them a key. It's actually super helpful if you want to let your friend borrow your car, I've used it a few times.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Interesting. Let's say your friend drives to the store. What happens if he locks the car? How does he get back in?
Honestly my biggest use for it has been if I have too many drinks and hitch a ride home with other friends, and leave my car at a friends house overnight. Then the next morning my friend who lives at the house I left the car at will take the car home for me, and I drive him back after. You can easily just leave them a key card too, but sometimes after a few too many vodka shots I forget to do that :D

But as Potato God said, you could easily get them to text and call you if a stop was needed. Not super convenient, but it's doable.