Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (Canada) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I contacted Tesla and they said they estimate my delivery will be in the week of the 18th but nothing more precise than that. I have the same EDD as everyone else (March 12-26), from Montreal. I thought those trains are supposed to get to the east coast in only a week or so?!

I contacted Tesla and they said they estimate my delivery will be in the week of the 18th but nothing more precise than that. I have the same EDD as everyone else (March 12-26), from Montreal. I thought those trains are supposed to get to the east coast in only a week or so?!
well the cars probably dont get delivered directly to tesla showroom (or where ever youll be picking it up), they go to a shipping yard, and from there they get hulled out to where ever they need to be. they might be giving themselves some wiggle room just in case something happens (bad weather, train hits deer on train tracks, etc).

From what the guy who had his model y shipped from china, everything goes to montreal first. and then gets shipped to the rest of ontario from there via car hullers

• Informative
Reactions: Goschan
I assume your picking up at the Kirkland location? I was also told they were receiving the cars on the 18th. Lets just hope that was a conservative date and the train has already left and wont take 2 weeks to arrive.

Reactions: John1801
well the cars probably dont get delivered directly to tesla showroom (or where ever youll be picking it up), they go to a shipping yard, and from there they get hulled out to where ever they need to be. they might be giving themselves some wiggle room just in case something happens (bad weather, train hits deer on train tracks, etc).

From what the guy who had his model y shipped from china, everything goes to montreal first. and then gets shipped to the rest of ontario from there via car hullers
They also need time to detail the cars, and I suppose the more they receive, the longer it takes.

Vancouver to Montreal usually 6 days

1709325503728.png

I assume your picking up at the Kirkland location? I was also told they were receiving the cars on the 18th. Lets just hope that was a conservative date and the train has already left and wont take 2 weeks to arrive.
Laval actually.

I would assume that Tesla would give you around 2 weeks notice before your delivery in order to have enough time to figure out insurance and so on. So with some luck we might be getting some final delivery dates next week 🤞

Laval actually.

I would assume that Tesla would give you around 2 weeks notice before your delivery in order to have enough time to figure out insurance and so on. So with some luck we might be getting some final delivery dates next week 🤞
I already have my insurance done once I recieved my VIN and it’s set up to start march 12th ( to be on the safe side )

Last edited:
If you think it's worth your time, you might want to look through these postings from when Shanghai Model Ys were shipped. It might give you some clues on the logistics across Canada.

Reactions: Saittech