Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (Canada) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious to know if most folks are buying or leasing the new M3? I myself decided to go for a 4 year lease, lower monthly payments and don't want to be stuck with a car that might drop in value in the future.
Lease through my company and I wouldn’t buy an ev these days knowing lots of new changes and technology will be in 4 years from now. Plus the tax savings ;)

Reactions: Shikogi
I just asked my SA about this…. I also ordered flaps, they haven’t shipped so if possible I’ll cancel before it’s too late, if the car does in fact come with them. Fingers crossed 🤞
Just picked up yesterday, here's a little photo dump of her! Model 3 RWD in Stealth Grey

I don't feel so bad now, after rejecting/missing out on one of the last 2023 inventory deals. I was pretty bummed out and felt massive fomo ngl.. Two weeks passed after I left the delivery center empty handed, orders for the 2024 Model 3 suddenly opened. I couldn't believe my eyes, so without hesitation I put another order in.. A few days after I was prompted to update the design of my 2023 order or automatically receive the order fee back. With the hopes of potentially receiving delivery earlier, I chose to update the design and forgo the order fee refund. Was it worth it??? Absolutely 😁
I have so much more to say about the car and experience but I'll save that for another post/discussion !! One more thing,, along with the J1772 adapter, the car came with a set of carpet mats and front mud flaps. I was under the impression that the RWD did not get any of these.

View attachment 1024999View attachment 1025374View attachment 1025375
Congrats! But damn, it does look like the orange reflectors are indeed there…
Went into Tesla Kirkland today and they were very helpful. The SA was able to move my delivery to Laval and I’ll be picking up on March 15th. She said Laval is receiving a shipment of cars on March 13th and a 2nd one on March 19th/20th. Kirkland is receiving their first shipment on March 19th. It seems like the cars shipped a week apart from BC.

Odd, they gave me an estimated pickup date in Laval for my LR black/black for the 18th. I’m guessing they have me at the tail end of the first delivery? I would have assumed all the cars on that first shipment would have had the same EDD, wonder why some have 15th and others 18th. From what I saw on the SAs screen; their software gives them an EDD date, so I’m guessing it’s not how they sort or sequence pickup in their store yet…

Curious to know if most folks are buying or leasing the new M3? I myself decided to go for a 4 year lease, lower monthly payments and don't want to be stuck with a car that might drop in value in the future.
im leasing mine as i feel like in 4 years the technology for EVS or even hyrids will be WAYYYY better

i dont want to be stuck with car that has 4 year old tech in it.

and with how ontario is showing signs of not generating enough power for everyone to use, things could get interesting in the next few years

• Disagree
Reactions: cdswm3 and Shikogi
Went into Tesla Kirkland today and they were very helpful. The SA was able to move my delivery to Laval and I’ll be picking up on March 15th. She said Laval is receiving a shipment of cars on March 13th and a 2nd one on March 19th/20th. Kirkland is receiving their first shipment on March 19th. It seems like the cars shipped a week apart from BC.
Weird, my delivery date is still on the 14th in Kirkland...

im leasing mine as i feel like in 4 years the technology for EVS or even hyrids will be WAYYYY better

and with how ontario is showing signs of not generating enough power for everyone to use, things could get interesting in the next few years
I feel exactly the same way. I am also reading more and more that value for used EVs are dropping quite fast as well, most folks are left with a car that is worth way less than what it should be for the amount of time they've owned it. I ended up doing the math, my ICE car (v6 3.7l) was costing me about 300-400 a month to run (even though paid off, this is cost of gas plus repairs, not considering regular maintenance like oil changes). All in all, it will cost me LESS to have the Tesla for 4 years than it would to keep my ICE car...it was a no brainer, i'll actually be saving money. Can't beleive I didn't make the move sooner.

Reactions: Radio One
In regards to the tracking of the second ship, it seems the initial arrival time of March 12th has been updated to the 18th. It seems it will stop in Port Angeles (US) and then make its way over to New Westminster (CA). I wish I was wrong but using sites that track the ships satellite position, this seems to be accurate. Us west coast people will get their cars eventually 🤣

Tesla is the best car to avoid having older technology. With full OTA upgrades to the latest features my 4 year old Tesla is not that much different than a new one today. I bought mine before all the price increases and then drops. Still paid less than buying one today.

In regards to the tracking of the second ship, it seems the initial arrival time of March 12th has been updated to the 18th. It seems it will stop in Port Angeles (US) and then make its way over to New Westminster (CA). I wish I was wrong but using sites that track the ships satellite position, this seems to be accurate. Us west coast people will get their cars eventually 🤣
I don't see why it would be at the US port for 2 or 3 days. Hopefully that's wrong and will only be there for 12 to 16 hours like the last ship.

If you have time You should go down to your show room and see if they can tell you if your car is in Canada or on the ship. I'm wondering if our cars are not hear already but will be shipped out on trains last . I wonder if there are still cars at the port. Cause if the ship gets to BC on the 18th then there is no way in hell we get our cars by the 24 😂

If you have time You should go down to your show room and see if they can tell you if your car is in Canada or on the ship. I'm wondering if our cars are not hear already but will be shipped out on trains last . I wonder if there are still cars at the port. Cause if the ship gets to BC on the 18th then there is no way in hell we get our cars by the 24 😂
I spoke with an SA yesterday. My car is on the train but still in Richmond. The current ‘soft’ delivery date for Ottawa is 20 March for some (not all) cars that arrived on Morning Concert.

Reactions: Goschan