Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the AS 4 - didn’t see that one for some reason. Pretty expensive unfortunately. The issue is you can’t even drive the car off the lot and be safe with those summer tires unless your get it in the summer lol. Just kind of unworkable out the gate or spend $1500 for new tires and get an appt immediately.
I took delivery of my m3p in January of 2021. It was 20 degrees. They shouldn’t be allowed to sell you a car with summer tires on it under those conditions. The Audi dealer in town makes you sign a waiver if you decline to change the tires out. Would offering an AST option be such a difficult thing to do? Tesla isn’t the only offender here. I’m convinced it’s a conspiracy with tire manufacturers.

I took delivery of my m3p in January of 2021. It was 20 degrees. They shouldn’t be allowed to sell you a car with summer tires on it under those conditions. The Audi dealer in town makes you sign a waiver if you decline to change the tires out. Would offering an AST option be such a difficult thing to do? Tesla isn’t the only offender here. I’m convinced it’s a conspiracy with tire manufacturers.
Same when I bought my MSP and M3P. Thankfully it wasnt snowing so the drive is manageable. But I agree they need to better in this regard.

Lease info:

0.0049600 money factor on a 24 month
0.0036100 on 36 month

$7500 tax credit is being applied as a down payment

Attachments

• IMG_0504.png
    IMG_0504.png
    335.1 KB · Views: 6
The problem with the 20” rims is I can’t even find all season tires for the fronts and rears that are the same tire. Some companies sell the front tires, some sell the rears, but I can’t find the same tire for the front and back. Weird wheel size/ratio apparently. Hopefully that changes soon.
in addition, you get less tirewall so hitting potholes is more likely to cause wheel or tire damage. Not to mention the reduction in range. Wish they would offer an 18 or 19” option without those trade offs for people who don’t care about racetracks.

in addition, you get less tirewall so hitting potholes is more likely to cause wheel or tire damage. Not to mention the reduction in range. Wish they would offer an 18 or 19” option without those trade offs for people who don’t care about racetracks.
It's purely for aesthetics. People who are serious at the track will do wide 18" or 19" square setups for these cars.

-Danny

"posted: about a month ago"

Code:
HRE WHEELS
MADE IN USA
6061-TX
AL H2 M3-2022
IO 20X9.00
ET34
M3
03/02/2023
750KG
5X114.3
1397SSF

Code:
IO 20x10.00
ET45
M3
03/02/2023
750KG
5x114.3
1397SSR

Last edited:
2023 Track Mode (v2?)
- Handling Balance (front rear): 0/100 to 50/50 to 100/0
- Stability Assist: -10 to +10
- Regenerative Braking: 0% to 100%
- Post-Drive Cooling: toggle
- Compressor Overclock: toggle
- Save Dashcam for Laps

2024 Track Mode v3
- Handling Balance: Understeer to Neutral to Oversteer
- Stability Assist: Off, Minimal, Reduced
- Save Dashcam for Laps

So the bold settings get a downgrade from v2 to v3. :|

Last edited:
2023 Track Mode (v2?)
- Handling Balance (front rear): 0/100 to 50/50 to 100/0
- Stability Assist: -10 to +10
- Compressor Overclock: toggle
- Save Dashcam for Laps

2024 Track Mode v3
- Handling Balance: Understeer to Neutral to Oversteer
- Stability Assist: Off, Minimal, Reduced
- Save Dashcam for Laps

So the bold settings get a downgrade from v2 to v3. :|
Could it be that with the new more rear biased power delivery is the reason to change the handling balance? The change of stability assists simplifying doesn't make sense but we don't know yet how it works. Reminds me of removing the ability to switch between regenerative braking levels for the refresh models for some reason.

I thought the graph shows the combined torque and power for both motors? Is that not the case?
No it is not. It only shows a change at the rear motor. It also only shows the changes to the rear motor in China (3D6 vs 4D2). This motor hat 259kW as the highest measurement on CAN were the US 3D1 had actual 269kW as highest limit. So you can already deduct a bit for the less difference in the US and a fair bis more for the fact that the front motor is used less (at least 5%).
It is hard to tell without reference numbers and a scale. Is there a video that the graph is from?
I've only been provided these two pictures and I've linked the source that sent it to me. Tesla not providing a scale is a bit fishy on its own. You know that they could just zoom in to make the difference look bigger than it is, not starting both Y values at 0. Not showing the total power change, which is much more relevant...you get were I am going.

If it is so great...and it probably is...show it properly!

• Informative
Reactions: MarkoP and mpgxsvcd
Could it be that with the new more rear biased power delivery is the reason to change the handling balance? The change of stability assists simplifying doesn't make sense but we don't know yet how it works. Reminds me of removing the ability to switch between regenerative braking levels for the refresh models for some reason.
In terms of Stability Assist, -10 was never fully off and we never really knew how 0 to +10 related to how the car behaved compared to with track mode off. Setting that slider was more or less guesswork based on how confident a driver you are. I doubt most drivers would be able to tell the difference between -8 and -5, or +2 and +8. I run it at -10 on track but would still like to dial it down more in some situations.

I would suggest they've improved the software so at the reduced and minimal settings it's less intrusive but still gives a safety net for those who push it too far and 'off' is probably still the same as -10 or maybe a bit less, because for the vast majority of owners, they won't be able to deal with it completely off.
Nobody knows for sure until we can get one on track and give it a proper thrashing.

Watch a proper ludicrous version get released down the line with the front bumper camera. 🙃
I'm wondering the same thing. Especially the EU spec with less power (460hp) due to LG battery limit is somewhat questionable, on paper. We'll see how it has improved on the road, at higher speeds.

But it would be bonkers for people buying right now to see another upgraded M3P in a year or so with new battery for example and a lot more power. I know Tesla does iterate along the way and makes improvements, but such a change would be a real smack in the face o_O