Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s the same boat I’m in. In fact after the specs released yesterday I finally got off my butt and went and demo’d a new Model S.

So I don’t know, go for the Plaid… go with the new M3P? Surprisingly the S didn’t feel noticeably larger in the inside, mainly the outside. I felt more like I was sitting in the S, and on the 3, if that makes sense.

I definitely prefer the seating position and overall visibility in the 3 vs. the S. And you're not wrong with regards to passenger space, though cargo space goes to the S with the hatchback and huge cargo area. Ideally, a 3P with close-to-Plaid power would be perfect for me. 🤷‍♂️

That’s the same boat I’m in. In fact after the specs released yesterday I finally got off my butt and went and demo’d a new Model S.

Size was fine but I kept flipping the non existent turn signal stalk haha. I’m sure I’d get used to that in a couple days, the swipe to shift didn’t seem as big a deal.

The biggest unexpected issue was that with the seat and steering wheel adjusted to my liking I could not see half of the driver display - it was blocked by the top rim of the steering wheel. The ventilated seats were nice.

So I don’t know, go for the Plaid… go with the new M3P? Surprisingly the S didn’t feel noticeably larger in the inside, mainly the outside. I felt more like I was sitting in the S, and on the 3, if that makes sense.
Here’s a picture of the MSLR trunk I demo-drived before getting my MSP, on the left, next to my old MYP trunk, on the right.
Trust me, I took measurements and the MS trunk space is just as good as the MY; difference is that MS has only the left side pocket as opposed to both on the MY. The tunnel measurement on the MS is actually wider, the height is exactly the same.
The MS is a perfect 4 door sedan, actually a liftback/hatchback depending on how you call it.
I can fit my road bike with all my gear inside my MSP with room to spare.
The M3 is a compact sedan, not the same at all.

Attachments

• IMG_1117.jpeg
    IMG_1117.jpeg
    453.5 KB · Views: 9
Dear Tesla,
Can I order my car with primer and get the red applied after delivery?

(I ordered white seats. $9500 to spend for custom color wrap I guess.)
The Stealth Gray looks great with a matte ppf like Xpel Stealth. That’s what I am debating getting gray and getting a whole ppf wrap or going with that beautiful red and just getting the hood and bumper wrapped.

Attachments

• IMG_6827.jpeg
    IMG_6827.jpeg
    416.7 KB · Views: 1
The problem with the 20” rims is I can’t even find all season tires for the fronts and rears that are the same tire. Some companies sell the front tires, some sell the rears, but I can’t find the same tire for the front and back. Weird wheel size/ratio apparently. Hopefully that changes soon.

The problem with the 20” rims is I can’t even find all season tires for the fronts and rears that are the same tire. Some companies sell the front tires, some sell the rears, but I can’t find the same tire for the front and back. Weird wheel size/ratio apparently. Hopefully that changes soon.
Now that this is the size combo for a mass produced car you can expect more options in the future. I'm certain Tesla will offer this as a winter package.

Micheline Pilot Sport A/S 4 is available:

Finally, you always have options with aftermarket. Switching to a square 20" or 19" diameter wheel will open you to countless tire options.

-Danny

Now that this is the size combo for a mass produced car you can expect more options in the future. I'm certain Tesla will offer this as a winter package.

Micheline Pilot Sport A/S 4 is available:

Finally, you always have options with aftermarket. Switching to a square 20" or 19" diameter wheel will open you to countless tire options.

-Danny
Thanks for the AS 4 - didn’t see that one for some reason. Pretty expensive unfortunately. The issue is you can’t even drive the car off the lot and be safe with those summer tires unless your get it in the summer lol. Just kind of unworkable out the gate or spend $1500 for new tires and get an appt immediately.

Reactions: MODEL+
Thanks for the AS 4 - didn’t see that one for some reason. Pretty expensive unfortunately. The issue is you can’t even drive the car off the lot and be safe with those summer tires unless your get it in the summer lol. Just kind of unworkable out the gate or spend $1500 for new tires and get an appt immediately.
It would even be nice if 19" was an option to save a couple of bucks. Typically I like to keep the stockers around for winter usage and upgrade to something lightweight and better looking as a summer setup.

-Danny