Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
m3ludicrous.jpg

Guess they'll announce it tomorrow? Lots of new sightings today, but it's getting a bit late.

235/35/20 front and 275/30/20 rear Pirelli PZ4 tires is already confirmed.

My bet is 8.5/10 with 235/275
My bad! This thread moves a mile a minute.

Interesting how they will go from 8.5"> 9" > 8.5" on the Performance variant.
I was thinking they would simply replicate the Model Y Performance widths but in a smaller diameter since they already have real world testing.

-Danny

Reactions: mpgxsvcd and JezzaE
Anyone want some wheels?

How is this a thing already? haha

If it's really the OEM wheels made by HRE then this is good stuff!

-Danny

If it's really the OEM wheels made by HRE then this is good stuff!
Seems equally likely that they used HRE for pre-production since they are great at low volume, and wouldn't surprise me if they move to another vendor eventually or already. Wheels are just a 3D model nowadays. The 6061-T6 marking almost promises a $1K+ to produce monoblock wheel, which there is no way they are putting on this car.

Especially since I'd expect an OEM wheel to not have the supplier name on them but the OEM and OEM PN (if anything), and not markings all the way down to the date produced (03/01/2023). These seem pretty clearly to be off some OEM mule that somehow lost it's wheels and someone got them via questionable means.

That's also the worst "75% tread" I have ever seen. These tires were beat on hard by someone having a lot of fun at Tesla!

Seems equally likely that they used HRE for pre-production since they are great at low volume, and wouldn't surprise me if they move to another vendor eventually or already.

Especially since I'd expect an OEM wheel to not have the supplier name on them but the OEM and OEM PN (if anything), and not markings all the way down to the date produced (03/01/2023).
OEM wheels often do have the manufacturer name, particularly when they’re a higher end brand. BBS is a common one. Even with lower end manufacturers, the name is often there, but often just a company we never heard of.

Reactions: MODEL+ and T3SLAROD