Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"New Performance 4th gen drive unit can deliver:
+22% continuous power​
+32% peak power​
+16% peak torque​
compared to previous Model 3 Performance".

Which must be a comparison between the new 4D2 and old 3D1 motor, not between 4D2 and 3D6. The US cars are going to be faster!

Reactions: MagnusMako
Big ooof. Hopefully the top end is better
The twitter post says

“New Performance 4th gen drive unit can deliver:

+22% continuous power
+32% peak power
+16% peak torque

compared to previous Model 3 Performance. All with lower total energy consumption!”

Sounds like it would hold the peak 22% longer? So probably reasonable acceleration to 100mph or so. And maybe a slower taper.

But doesn’t sound like it’s getting a plaid like curve sadly

The twitter post says

“New Performance 4th gen drive unit can deliver:

+22% continuous power
+32% peak power
+16% peak torque

compared to previous Model 3 Performance. All with lower total energy consumption!”

Sounds like it would hold the peak 22% longer? So probably reasonable acceleration to 100mph or so. And maybe a slower taper.

But doesn’t sound like it’s getting a plaid like curve sadly

Nowhere near Plaid in performance...but also price. This thing is a great upgrade for the price. $53k is really good value

It’s with rollout subtracted

Tesla always lists the performance versions with rollout subtracted (but doesn't for non-P versions- in order to make the P versions look better than they real are in comparison)- no surprise they're continuing that here.

The real surprise is the pricing, without them cutting LR AWD price.... what purpose does the LR AWD serve at this point? Bit more range I suppose (but I bet you'd get some of that back swapping to 18s and lower resistance tires on the P)

Tesla always lists the performance versions with rollout subtracted (but doesn't for non-P versions- in order to make the P versions look better than they real are in comparison)- no surprise they're continuing that here.

The real surprise is the pricing, without them cutting LR AWD price.... what purpose does the LR AWD serve at this point? Bit more range I suppose (but I bet you'd get some of that back swapping to 18s and lower resistance tires on the P)
Because there is still significant price difference outside US?