Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely do not sweat it. I’m a nobody, but I can almost guarantee you that the subscription fee for FSD will NEVER go back up to $299/month. Those days are gone and never coming back. $299/month was a tough sell and Tesla finally realizes it. It’s going to stay at $99/month for quite a while I think…

Did not look at it like you just did. Good thought

Reactions: GreenHokie
It was overpriced at $5000 when I bought it on my original/current vehicle. Crazy to think folks were paying $15,000 for it not too long ago. Of course, I did not buy FSD on my new/recent M3P order. Agree with you that Tesla should at least allow a 1-time free transfer (that can be used at any time) for anyone who purchased FSD.
Linking it to your account (and allowing unlimited transfers to new teslas) would facilitate return customers. You would almost be locked into Tesla

Reactions: Sweed269
My worry about subscribing is that it will double as soon as Tesla decides it need a bit more profit
Even if the monthly rate doubles, you still have the option to cancel the subscription and just buy FSD outright. In this very unlikely scenario (that the monthly rate would double), you would have wasted only a few hundred dollars… instead of $8000 on a full purchase.

Relax and enjoy your golden years!!! 👍🙂

Linking it to your account (and allowing unlimited transfers to new teslas) would facilitate return customers. You would almost be locked into Tesla
While the consumer side of me would love that (unlimited transfers), the more business minded/logical side thinks an unlimited software transfer would be entirely too much and arguably unreasonable to ask any manufacturer/developer. I think a 1-time transfer is a good compromise and would be supported my most consumers & manufacturers…

Reactions: Jeremy3292
So when will we see unrestricted auto reviews including quarter mile times? Strange that Motortrend and Road and Track don't have one to test yet orders are open for anyone to buy and some people have had hands on previews already.
The cynical side of me thinks Tesla has an extended embargo on early access reviewers reporting the new M3P’s 1/4 mile numbers/times because the results are not very impressive. Hope I’m wrong…

Regardless of the 1/4 mile numbers/results, I was/am ready to purchase the new M3P. So, absolutely zero regrets with my launch day order!

The cynical side of me thinks Tesla has an extended embargo on early access reviewers reporting the new M3P’s 1/4 mile numbers/times because the results are not very impressive. Hope I’m wrong…

Regardless of the 1/4 mile numbers/results, I was/am ready to purchase the new M3P. So, absolutely zero regrets with my launch day order!
What makes you so ready for the 24 m3p? I don't really see much of an upgrade from my 2020. The acceleration is pretty much the same, range isn't much of a gain and only temp ( will fall like my 2020 did), etc...

What makes you so ready for the 24 m3p? I don't really see much of an upgrade from my 2020. The acceleration is pretty much the same, range isn't much of a gain and only temp ( will fall like my 2020 did), etc...

I have a 2019 “stealth” M3P and while it has been (& still is) the best vehicle I have ever owned, I am just ready to start enjoying all the incremental changes/improvements that Tesla has added to the Model 3 since 2019. Yes, I can admit that I am just a little disappointed that the published 0-60 times on the new M3P are not in the 2.5 to 2.6 sec range. Initially (about 6 months ago when the speculation/hype was just starting on the next generation M3P/Ludicrous), I did tell myself that I would only upgrade if Tesla improves the 0-60 times to around 2.5 sec. However, I’ve since had a slight change in heart/thought and now feel even a minor/modest 0-60 time improvement is sufficient, as long as there are enough other improvements (styling, handling, ride quality, etc…)… which I think there are in the refreshed M3P.

I don’t have a P but I have a 2021 LR with AB and am ready to upgrade in December. A bunch of reasons for me: some applicable to all, some personal to me.

1. Suspension changes is #1 for me. My current M3 is such a harsh ride. It’s brutal (and I’m not certain shelling out $$$ for aftermarket would actually fix it). The reviews all say the suspension is 1000x better in the new Highland refresh. Plus the added active suspension in the P trim too. My wife’s Lexus GX is a damn SUV and drives like butter over bumps and holes in the road. Would love that for my own daily driver. I’ll test drive myself just to make sure though.
2. All other Highland upgrades. The whole car seems new. More comfortable seats and vented seats for example, which is a big deal in the south. This seems like the Model 3 Tesla had hoped to make one day 6 years ago.
3. Build quality seems better all around. Minor things pop out also like dual motored trunk arms vs a single motored one for example.
3. Added bonus of a $7,500 tax credit is just too good of a deal to pass up also. Who knows how long that tax credit will be around anyways (and if my wife and I eclipse the AGI cap) with how quickly things change in US politics. The car is $49,130 out the door price. Insanely cheap IMO.
4. I used to drive a lot of miles to work so I’m already out of warranty (50k) on my current M3, but my new job is like next to my house so I’d love to be able to own a car for awhile without putting a lot of miles on it every year and still be in warranty.

I don’t have a P but I have a 2021 LR with AB and am ready to upgrade in December. A bunch of reasons for me: some applicable to all, some personal to me.

1. Suspension changes is #1 for me. My current M3 is such a harsh ride. It’s brutal (and I’m not certain shelling out $$$ for aftermarket would actually fix it). The reviews all say the suspension is 1000x better in the new Highland refresh. Plus the added active suspension in the P trim too. My wife’s Lexus GX is a damn SUV and drives like butter over bumps and holes in the road. Would love that for my own daily driver. I’ll test drive myself just to make sure though.
2. All other Highland upgrades. The whole car seems new. More comfortable seats and vented seats for example, which is a big deal in the south. This seems like the Model 3 Tesla had hoped to make one day 6 years ago.
3. Build quality seems better all around. Minor things pop out also like dual motored trunk arms vs a single motored one for example.
3. Added bonus of a $7,500 tax credit is just too good of a deal to pass up also. Who knows how long that tax credit will be around anyways (and if my wife and I eclipse the AGI cap) with how quickly things change in US politics. The car is $49,130 out the door price. Insanely cheap IMO.
4. I used to drive a lot of miles to work so I’m already out of warranty (50k) on my current M3, but my new job is like next to my house so I’d love to be able to own a car for awhile without putting a lot of miles on it every year and still be in warranty.
Interesting views. FWIW, the ventilated seats on the highland aren't that strong. The S and X, you can really feel the cool air. But the 3 was disappointing during my test drive. Just something to consider

1. Suspension changes is #1 for me. My current M3 is such a harsh ride. It’s brutal (and I’m not certain shelling out $$$ for aftermarket would actually fix it)…

Of course, ride quality/comfort is subjective. However, for me, changing my suspension to MPP Comfort Coilovers made a noticeable difference in ride quality/comfort. This is even after lowering my vehicle by about 1.5” below stock. I have the dampers set to their “softest” setting. It probably helps that I have OEM 19” (instead of 20”) wheels. The extra sidewall height probably helps to absorb some of the bumps. Lowering the tire pressure also helps.

Based on all the reviews so far, I’m pretty sure I won’t need to modify the suspension on the new M3P.

Of course, ride quality/comfort is subjective. However, for me, changing my suspension to MPP Comfort Coilovers made a noticeable difference in ride quality/comfort. This is even after lowering my vehicle by about 1.5” below stock. I have the dampers set to their “softest” setting. It probably helps that I have OEM 19” (instead of 20”) wheels. The extra sidewall height probably helps to absorb some of the bumps. Lowering the tire pressure also helps.
I had an early 2018 LR RWD that had the suspension I wish my 2020 had. It was kind of rough but so nice in the corners.

I actually really like the 2021 and older performance suspension. Ride comfort can be so subjective at times. I really hope they didn't soften it up too much on the new one

So when will we see unrestricted auto reviews including quarter mile times? Strange that Motortrend and Road and Track don't have one to test yet orders are open for anyone to buy and some people have had hands on previews already.
Tesla could still tweak the power before any 3rd party testing happens.

1000077266.jpg