Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to elvissa - who seems to right on top of things.

"The new "Ludicrous" (H###p) has received its own brake approval number, which is different from the previous M3P 2018-2023 (E###p)."

I should have said new approval number rather than part number.
Well maybe they can clarify which elements of the approval have been changed. Could be the fluid, pads or something else like the iBooster, ABS pump etc etc. The original question was about wheels fitting over the brakes and in that respect everything I've seen suggests it'll be the same as now, but if that doesn't prove to be the case I'll come back and apologise to everyone involved.

Well maybe they can clarify which elements of the approval have been changed. Could be the fluid, pads or something else like the iBooster, ABS pump etc etc. The original question was about wheels fitting over the brakes and in that respect everything I've seen suggests it'll be the same as now, but if that doesn't prove to be the case I'll come back and apologise to everyone involved.
Its the spec thread, we are all guessing, even if it is educated guesses.

You are probably right when it comes to brake clearance tho

Reactions: Dangerous Fish
I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the new P3D suspension compared to your current setup with the MPPs once you have had the chance to drive both back to back. I have a similar MPP setup on my 2020 and really like the ride quality and look.

Yeah, I really love the look and feel of my current vehicle with the MPP coilovers.
I’ll definitely share/post my thoughts on the two suspensions, once I take delivery of (and hit the pavement on) the refresh M3P.

Reactions: P-Lo801
Random thought for those of us that eventually would engage in mods for this car. I usually like to add coilovers to lower my cars slightly by no more than an inch. In fact, I would want to eventually lower this one by another half inch only since it will already by lowered from factory by 0.4 inches. But, with this new platform, it will have electronic damping. I suspect this new feature would actually limit the aftermarket offerings for suspension mods, and I imagine a lot of vendors will offer height adjustable springs (HAS) or basic lowering springs, while the big names like KW and MPP will eventually engineer coilovers compatible with the electronic damping (or would they?). But with the damping now being electric, if those go out prematurely, and your car happens to have lowering springs installed, then the warranty for the adaptive suspension would be voided by default, would it not?

I understand this would be no different than the static suspension with the previous gen, meaning if I replace the previous 3's suspension with aftermarket coilovers, and the oem shocks were to fail, then it would void the warranty on the suspension by default and thus the repairs come at my own expense. Only this time, the new adaptive suspension on this car would be significantly more expensive to replace I imagine. So this is giving me pause on whether or not to modify the suspension in any way whatsoever.
I’m in the same boat, I’m going to have an Öhlins coilover package with MP sway bars ready to install on it’s arrival but am curious how good the factory suspension will be. I think sway bars will go on day one but I’d also be interested in lowering the car…

According to elvissa - who seems to right on top of things.

"The new "Ludicrous" (H###p) has received its own brake approval number, which is different from the previous M3P 2018-2023 (E###p)."

I should have said new approval number rather than part number.
In the first press briefing for some journalists and youtubers it was apparently said, that the brake pads have been changed. This was the only mentioned change that I saw in the articles that followed. I know this is not the best source, but worth mentioning as it sounds credible.

In the first press briefing for some journalists and youtubers it was apparently said, that the brake pads have been changed. This was the only mentioned change that I saw in the articles that followed. I know this is not the best source, but worth mentioning as it sounds credible.
Confirmed in the Tesla info. They are putting in the 'track mode' pads as standard.

Reactions: eivissa
Ya specially with winter tires, 40% SOC, in Chill mode, and a body in the trunk you don't get to see.

He's historically shown to have some unfair biases when it comes to testing Teslas.
Carwow’s biggest problem is that they think Track Mode makes the car quicker in a straight line. Leaving it in Track Mode is the single worst thing you can do for short straight line bursts.

What are these track mode pads? Something available through the Tesla online shop?
You can order them from your local SC via the app. I've tried to find out the spec/material but neither Tesla UK nor Brembo here can't tell me anything about them. They're more expensive than most proper track pads anyway so I don't think many will buy them for that purpose. Should keep the rotors cleaner than the standard pads though. 😁

Gauntlet officially thrown:

0-60 mph: 3.0 seconds
1/4 mile: 11.1 @ 123 mph

Car & Driver Hyundai Ioniq5N instrumented test...

Considering that the current Model 3 Performance already matches or beats many of the new Ioniq5N's performance bogeys it's easy to be optimistic about the refreshed version's chances against it...

(yes, I know that Hyundai markets the Ioniq5 as an SUV, but it's really just an overgrown EV hot hatch)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Gauntlet officially thrown:

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a60607212/2025-hyundai-ioniq-5-n-test/

0-60 mph: 3.0 seconds
1/4 mile: 11.1 @ 123 mph

Considering that the current Model 3 Performance already matches or beats many of the new Ioniq5N's performance bogeys it's easy to be optimistic about the refreshed version's chances against it...

(yes, I know that Hyundai markets the Ioniq5 as an SUV, but it's really just an overgrown EV hot hatch)
Wow i thought this was for the m3p without clicking on the link.

• Funny
Reactions: mpgxsvcd