Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't like the capacitive buttons on the steering wheel personally. You need to press unecessary hard to activate them.
And I still did not figure out how to cancel a turn signal lol. Once it's on and the car does not see you changing lane it stays on... I need to see how to cancel...It's my homework for this week end ^^

I don't like the capacitive buttons on the steering wheel personally. You need to press unecessary hard to activate them.
And I still did not figure out how to cancel a turn signal lol. Once it's on and the car does not see you changing lane it stays on... I need to see how to cancel...It's my homework for this week end ^^
You press the button again to cancel. I don't find you have to press particularly hard, but there might be build to build variance there.

The highland's buttons are also indeed capacitive. By all accounts with better haptics than the ones in the model S, but capacitive nonetheless.

Reactions: Sellout
the wheel would probably work. The bigger question would be whether or not the airbag would fire correctly.
1000075650.jpg

This is big

Perhaps I am not close enough to the discussion on this, but.... why (is this big, in relation to a model 3, when the post is about model S and X seats)?

I mean, I see that the quote also says that "plaid is beyond ludicrous speed", but what relevance does that have as it relates to speculation about this vehicle?

I mean, I see that the quote also says that "plaid is beyond ludicrous speed", but what relevance does that have as it relates to speculation about this vehicle?
There's some disagreement as to what reasonable specs for this car will be. Some think it needs to have a 0-60 of 2.5s or faster to be a worthy upgrade. Others argue that they're not going to make it as fast or faster than an X Plaid to maintain differentiation between the monikers.

Whether any of that makes such a statement "big", I don't know.

Reactions: phantasms
There's some disagreement as to what reasonable specs for this car will be. Some think it needs to have a 0-60 of 2.5s or faster to be a worthy upgrade. Others argue that they're not going to make it as fast or faster than an X Plaid to maintain differentiation between the monikers.

Whether any of that makes such a statement "big", I don't know.

I have definitely seen all of that discussion in this thread. I was still trying to understand the context of "plaid is faster than ludicrous" being any indication at all of what speed this vehicle might or might not be.

Reactions: Lindenwood
Elon reiterating the difference between Ludicrous and Plaid just now:

It is important to recognize that there are two different Plaid vehicles. While a Model X Plaid is quicker than a Model X Ludicrous. A Model X Plaid is not necessarily quicker than a Model S Ludicrous 0-60 mph. Same could hold for a Model 3 Ludicrous vs. a Model X Plaid for 0-60 mph.

There is nothing stopping a Model 3 Ludicrous from being quicker than a Model X Plaid 0-60 mph. However, the Model 3 Ludicrous has to be quicker than the Model 3 Performance in all acceleration aspects.

IMG_4696.png
IMG_4695.png
IMG_4694.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have definitely seen all of that discussion in this thread. I was still trying to understand the context of "plaid is faster than ludicrous" being any indication at all of what speed this vehicle might or might not be.
If taken at face value, I think it would suggest that a ludicrous Tesla would have a 0-60 and 1/4 mile slower than a Plaid.