Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post for me here. I’m in the DC/NoVA area.

Model: 3, SR
Color: Ultra Red, white interior (now black)
Order date: 1/19
EDD1: 2/19-3/18
EDD2: 3/4-3/31

I decided to take a demo drive of the MS today, and also spoke with the SA there. He told me that while my range shows 3/4-3/31, the Tesla system listed 4/17 as the EDD. It was on his screen and I saw it, too. He said not to expect a white interior ordered after 1/13 to be delivered until 4/1…which is after Q1.

I changed my interior to black after the demo drive. Moving on 4/6, so need the car sooner. Bummer 🤷‍♂️.

First post for me here. I’m in the DC/NoVA area.

Model: 3, SR
Color: Ultra Red, white interior (now black)
Order date: 1/19
EDD1: 2/19-3/18
EDD2: 3/4-3/31

I decided to take a demo drive of the MS today, and also spoke with the SA there. He told me that while my range shows 3/4-3/31, the Tesla system listed 4/17 as the EDD. It was on his screen and I saw it, too. He said not to expect a white interior ordered after 1/13 to be delivered until 4/1…which is after Q1.

I changed my interior to black after the demo drive. Moving on 4/6, so need the car sooner. Bummer 🤷‍♂️.
Which location did you visit?

Yeah, I'm on my second SA. First one never called me back after I ordered the first car, and second one was super responsive before I ordered and now is ghosting me on the second car order.

I guess the only way to get any response out of them is to actually show up and get them in person.
It seems like the SAs are not interested in having anything to do with you after you have placed the order. They are credited with a sale when they take an order but after that you are on your own. This is going to come back to bite Tesla when things get more competitive. People don't forget bad customer service and a poor buying experience.

Reactions: GuyFromAz
While y'all waiting for the white interior updates, I want to share some of the information I gathered while interact with Tesla app and SA in the Tesla delivery center: When I hit my EDD on 02/21,I sent a message thru Tesla app to ask for the latest status, then it replies "Our factory forecasting tool indicates that your Model 3 will arrive at some time in April...." Then my EDD changed to 03/09 - 03/31 at the same time. Yesterday, I walked into the tesla delivery center and asked for the latest update, the SA said tesla usually produce M3 one type of config at a time, and he is confident that my car will arrive in March. So maybe an indication that we finally will get some white interior this month?

• Love
Reactions: catxi
Oh absolutely. PPF is horrible if you love detailing your car. It is additional plastic film and it is destined to degrade and have yellow-ish color which can make car to look dull. (I know a lot of film manufacturers claim that their film doesn't yellow, but plastic is plastic)

I am living near Atlanta, and roads here are horrible. Plus, I just hate cleaning bug guts when they bake into the paint. So paying 2000+ for preventing some rock chips and easy clean for bug guts will be worth it for me.
PPF alone I agree is great for minor flecks and ease of cleaning , downside being detailing can leave something to be desired and over time they can yellow (especially 3m coatings from 2016-2020 era). However it can be a game changer in high impact zones. Having. ceramic coating applied to the top of the PPF and then curing the treatment for 48hr and allowing the coating to harden: that car can be detailed to your heart’s desire. For me it’s just a preference.

Reactions: tokyohatesme
PPF alone I agree is great for minor flecks and ease of cleaning , downside being detailing can leave something to be desired and over time they can yellow (especially 3m coatings from 2016-2020 era). However it can be a game changer in high impact zones. Having. ceramic coating applied to the top of the PPF and then curing the treatment for 48hr and allowing the coating to harden: that car can be detailed to your heart’s desire. For me it’s just a preference.
this video has a solid comparison

Reactions: tokyohatesme
While y'all waiting for the white interior updates, I want to share some of the information I gathered while interact with Tesla app and SA in the Tesla delivery center: When I hit my EDD on 02/21,I sent a message thru Tesla app to ask for the latest status, then it replies "Our factory forecasting tool indicates that your Model 3 will arrive at some time in April...." Then my EDD changed to 03/09 - 03/31 at the same time. Yesterday, I walked into the tesla delivery center and asked for the latest update, the SA said tesla usually produce M3 one type of config at a time, and he is confident that my car will arrive in March. So maybe an indication that we finally will get some white interior this month?
Your message is a rollercoaster of sadness and hope !

Looks like the March incentive is that if you trade in a used vehicle and get delivery before March 31 you get 5,000 miles of free supercharging. Should this apply to those of us who placed our order outside of this month?
I think it should it doesn't say anything about order dates just delivery dates is the factor I am guessing. However, I wonder if that only include tesla cars that are being traded in or just about any trade ins.. that would be nice to compensate for the long waiting period LOL

Reactions: kingdomino
where can i get more information about this special incentive?

IMG_3666.jpeg