Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree what you saying bur come on bro this is 2024 not 1980 .

We live in a digital world Tesla knows exactly when cars will be delivered. We are looking for more transperancy.

I would rather have them say okay AWD deliveries will be in May no worries.

I work out of state so not everyone has same lifestyle .
Absolutely, I agree we need more transparency and that it’s valid to be angry about the lack of information. My car is falling apart and so I would really have appreciated the updates. I also haven’t been able to make any plans this month, when I have a week off because I don’t know if the car will arrive that week. So I absolutely understand!

My post was more about people who think sending angry messages or posting online is gonna speed up the process.

So my delivery appt was moved to Friday without notice, I messaged them 3 times asking for a reason, and no response (lol typical). I'm still waiting for them to contact me regarding an updated lease offer (still nothing as well lol) so by Thursday, unfortunately, I will 100% be canceling the order if they do not give me any type of update with my agreement. Usually, i would not be so fast to cancel, but I'd be saving almost $3,000 if I got the new lease deal, and I am not in the type of position right now to give that up. But I'll continue hoping for the best, even giving them the benefit of the doubt.. maybe! MAYBE they're doing the lease agreement right now and it just takes a long time (lol)

Reactions: Javid010
So my delivery appt was moved to Friday without notice, I messaged them 3 times asking for a reason, and no response (lol typical). I'm still waiting for them to contact me regarding an updated lease offer (still nothing as well lol) so by Thursday, unfortunately, I will 100% be canceling the order if they do not give me any type of update with my agreement. Usually, i would not be so fast to cancel, but I'd be saving almost $3,000 if I got the new lease deal, and I am not in the type of position right now to give that up. But I'll continue hoping for the best, even giving them the benefit of the doubt.. maybe! MAYBE they're doing the lease agreement right now and it just takes a long time (lol)
If I were you I'd go there in person and try and work it out. Relying on the app or text hasn't shown to get the answers you're looking for.

I agree what you saying bur come on bro this is 2024 not 1980 .

We live in a digital world Tesla knows exactly when cars will be delivered. We are looking for more transperancy.

I would rather have them say okay AWD deliveries will be in May no worries.

I work out of state so not everyone has same lifestyle .
How would they know when the cars would be delivered if the cars aren't built yet? They can only go as fast as the factory.

I say this as someone who dislikes all things Tesla aside from the car and charging network.

Yeah or call them at the very least. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Reactions: sydneylax
I first thought the LR/ AWD is the problem but it does seem like its the white interiors. Any idea why those are getting delayed? is it procurement of some white leatherette/ raw materials or ventilation/ production issues with white seats or something else? are white ones from China facing the same problem?

Sorry - this might seem very academic for those for those frustrated waiters.. but fascinating to understand the supply chain.

All I can do now is put on a brave face.

Attachments

• R.gif
    R.gif
    1,023.5 KB · Views: 16
I first thought the LR/ AWD is the problem but it does seem like its the white interiors. Any idea why those are getting delayed? is it procurement of some white leatherette/ raw materials or ventilation/ production issues with white seats or something else? are white ones from China facing the same problem?

Sorry - this might seem very academic for those for those frustrated waiters.. but fascinating to understand the supply chain.
It could be procurement or maybe issues with the new white ventilated seats. It could also be possible they were always planning on doing black interior batches first and then white ones. So there’s too ways to look at that, either they lied on their original estimates on purpose (honestly this is what I believe), or less sinister they did not have a game Plan on what order they would build the cars and when and now they’ve laid out that plan they retroactively delayed all those cars.

Whatever it is, it still sucks.

Can you got talk to someone in person? They are usually way more helpful that way.

Just inconvenient for me, as the delivery center is almost an hour away.
I'd go for sure --- your issue needs to be discussed in person -- worth the road trip.....

The anticipation is brutal.....I hope i'm not let down when I finally get my car -- never owned a telsa and so excited to tinker etc.
I'm intentionally at this point ignoring negative reviews of grumpy current model 3 owners saying the new car isn't better....