Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland White interior (US) waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just found the way Tesla assigns edds'. The EDD monkey.
Screenshot_20240422-193006_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240422-193006_Gallery.jpg

I guess the banana I gave the EDD monkey worked.
OD 02-07
Red white LR 18"
Last update was July 13 to Aug 24.

I just got a vin! 7538xx EDD now May 1 to May 10
Of course I'll be out of town until May 2nd, but I'm not worried about that.
Just uploaded pictures of my trade in.
Congrats! Since they now have a FSD version that works on the new M3's, are they still making you agree to the "Car doesn't have Ultrasonic sensors, using Tesla vision, blah, blah blah..." thing, or just assigning a VIN without that?

Reactions: evfangirl
On the investors' call just now, Elon Musk said that the process of ordering and buying a Tesla had gotten much too complicated and that it had been "fixed" in the last week or so. Um . . . .
ordering the car was never an issue. it's us waiting for them to make the cars that we want...

i missed the first half of the investors' call. i supposed they did not address the white interior issue?

OD 02-07
Red white LR 18"

congrats! based on the tesla-info.com website, it seems like they are making reds this week. maybe they'll start making blues next week?

On the investors' call just now, Elon Musk said that the process of ordering and buying a Tesla had gotten much too complicated and that it had been "fixed" in the last week or so. Um . . . .
I was listening to the call too. It was all about the future. With only a faint nod to saying ramp up issues for the highland in Fremont. No details are all. The first quarter call said nothing about the first quarter. Only that the second quarter will be better.

OD 02-07
Red white LR 18"

My VIN is 7562xx and mine came in on Saturday. Guess they’ve been holding yours so they could say Surprise!!!!

Reactions: Whitezoid
1/14 OD .. stealth gray 18” wheels. Still showing July 6 - August 17. RN1208.

Ugh today was kinda difficult seeing the new M3P.

Honestly I’m thinking for me :
- Staggered wheels is a no. I would have to get some nice quality rims for and tires for 6 months of winter time where I live. Another $3K easily if I’m looking to get quality rims which I would be of course.

- Added tires expense. It’s not small at all. With current prices that’s easily an additional $2K a year just in tire cost. Otherwise if you ain’t flooring this daily why even get M3P.

- 20” wheels are going to be slightly less comfy especially on long rides. Also scratches easier - less tire meat.

- Seats - are they less comfy than LR ?? I would think slightly less comfy.

———-

I am going to take the extra $ I’m going to save by owning LR vs M3P and buy Tesla stock. Monthly. In 5 years that stock will be $10K ($2k tires per year * 5 years) vs $0 in spent tire costs for M3P. $10K if Tesla gains 0% in stock in 5 years. I don’t think so. I think Tesla will at least 2x. Thus it might $20k.

———-
On top of it I hope Tesla will lower LR price before I sign the docs. Maybe $4K lower price ??

Thoughts ?

Just got a reply from a Service Advisor on the app, they can’t change an order to a Performance without losing the FSD Transfer. I figured that would be the reply, just letting others know that’s what they said.
So just a waiting game until VIN assignment to see if they bring back FSD Transfer yet again, or if I forego the Performance (in reality, I really don’t need). It would be fun though!

Just got a reply from a Service Advisor on the app, they can’t change an order to a Performance without losing the FSD Transfer. I figured that would be the reply, just letting others know that’s what they said.
So just a waiting game until VIN assignment to see if they bring back FSD Transfer yet again, or if I forego the Performance (in reality, I really don’t need). It would be fun though!
Thanks for the update. I haven’t heard back from my SA, but I don’t think it’ll be any different. I just wish they will bring back the acceleration boost and I’ll fine with the LR. It is upsetting that the performance is cheaper than the LR now.

My VIN is 7562xx and mine came in on Saturday. Guess they’ve been holding yours so they could say Surprise!!!!
You're May 3 to 8 and I'm May 1 to 10. I wonder if our vehicles are being transported together? I have to go to the SC early this morning to get the yoke replaced in my model S. I'll see if they can tell me where my car is right now. They were able to do that with my S when it was in transport. They can probably give me the "born on date" (build date) as well.

Reactions: evfangirl
Thanks for the update. I haven’t heard back from my SA, but I don’t think it’ll be any different. I just wish they will bring back the acceleration boost and I’ll fine with the LR. It is upsetting that the performance is cheaper than the LR now.
Also hoping for Acceleration Boost too! I'm also hoping they'll bring back FSD Transfer again before my VIN is assigned. But, since I read Elon flat-out said "no" to making FSD Permanent, I suspect that "soon" is the least likely time it'll come back. Honestly I half-wonder if they brought FSD Transfer back in Q1 without Elon knowing somehow! I do believe they're missing the boat big-time by not offering it moving forward (but for a transfer fee). It would encourage people to buy another new car, instead of sitting on the current one. All the various promos (FSD Transfer, Free Supercharging transfer, EOQ price cuts) are really just teaching consumers to delay purchases if they can, waiting out a "deal". It's a bad model for them to encourage.