Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland White interior (US) waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've not heard of heat gun problems before. What is the concern? Without a heat gun I wonder how a flat piece of plastic conforms to glass curvature and what their process is. I, like you, think precut is better than using a razor blade.
I was just being extra cautious of the double pane glass. I didnt want any heating near the windows or door panels. The tints on all my windows came out perfect. The only thing they'll use the heat gun on and will cut themselves is the rear window which they have purchased their own window to work on. This places goes above and beyond and they really care about your teslas.

Ordered 1/13/24 Grey, WHITE INTERIOR. EDD Jan-Feb. it is the end of March and no sign of it . ED unknow with no explanation from Tesla.
Got my VIN 3 days ago and forgot to update here. But my order dat is 3/15 I have white exterior, white interior, and its standard range. Im in NJ
What was your projected EDD before VIN assignment? Mine is still June-July. East coast - 3/25 OD

Got it at signature glass tinting in Costa Mesa! I did my full research and found that they offer the best. I really liked that they don't use heat gun on your glass and they digitally cut everything. They're pricey but I went for quality and reassurance.
*not sponsored but would really like to be *

I was just being extra cautious of the double pane glass. I didnt want any heating near the windows or door panels. The tints on all my windows came out perfect. The only thing they'll use the heat gun on and will cut themselves is the rear window which they have purchased their own window to work on. This places goes above and beyond and they really care about your teslas.
I just went over there and talked to Ryan, he couldn't have been nicer! I'm definitely going with them, thanks for the recommendation!

Reactions: evfangirl
Hi there! New to this as I had placed my order last week. Just wanted to see if there was anyone in the same area as me who is also anxiously waiting.

SR/White on white/ 18" photon wheels. OD: 5/26, EDD: June - July. Located in Irvine, CA.

Funny story - I actually purchased a used 2021 M3P directly from Tesla 5 days before I ordered the new model. After the 3rd day I wasn't really feeling it LOL. I'm coming from Mercedes so I feel like I was missing the ambient lighting and more cushiony suspension.

Has anyone ordered recently and gotten any updates? I've texted the advisor who had called me before and all he could say was that there would be a more accurate delivery date when a VIN is assigned. I was hoping to get the new car before the end of June since that is when my first payment for the '21 M3P is due. My trade in offer from Tesla is more than what I owe so I would be using that towards the down payment on the new one. Was hoping that the "June - July" EDD would be more on the early June side but from what I am seeing, some people who ordered in January aren't getting until August - September?? Whaaaat?

Hi there! New to this as I had placed my order last week. Just wanted to see if there was anyone in the same area as me who is also anxiously waiting.

SR/White on white/ 18" photon wheels. OD: 5/26, EDD: June - July. Located in Irvine, CA.

Funny story - I actually purchased a used 2021 M3P directly from Tesla 5 days before I ordered the new model. After the 3rd day I wasn't really feeling it LOL. I'm coming from Mercedes so I feel like I was missing the ambient lighting and more cushiony suspension.

Has anyone ordered recently and gotten any updates? I've texted the advisor who had called me before and all he could say was that there would be a more accurate delivery date when a VIN is assigned. I was hoping to get the new car before the end of June since that is when my first payment for the '21 M3P is due. My trade in offer from Tesla is more than what I owe so I would be using that towards the down payment on the new one. Was hoping that the "June - July" EDD would be more on the early June side but from what I am seeing, some people who ordered in January aren't getting until August - September?? Whaaaat?
Yeah... I am one of the early Jan people and I am still waiting for a VIN, with current EDD Jun-Jul (no dates). You are in CA though so you might get it early. I strongly believe that Tesla's biggest issue is with their logistics/transportation org or business partners.

Hi, I'm in the Irvine area also. I ordered SR/Ultra Red/White/Protons on 5/8. I had June/July also, and then I found this thread. My current lease ends on July 4, so I was nervous it was going to slip far, after reading everyone's stories here. I checked available inventory every day, multiple times a day. 10 or so days later I found my exact order (not a Demo, 15 miles odometer), but it was in Bakersfield. I couldn't wait so I had them switch my order and I picked it up last Sunday. I didn't have to pay another $250, but I had to go pick up in Bakersfield. The one-way car rental and 3 hour drive was totally worth it to me so I didn't have to extend my current lease. Nice to have an excuse for a 3 hour road trip on day 1 too! Yours might pop up in available inventory if you check at least once a day. I noticed inventory would change day-to-day. You just have to be flexible and possibly go to Burbank or Bakersfield or god-knows-where to get it. Good luck to you neighbor!

Last edited:
Hi, I'm in the Irvine area also. I ordered SR/Ultra Red/White/Protons on 5/8. I had June/July also, and then I found this thread. My current lease ends on July 4, so I was nervous it was going to slip far, after reading everyone's stories here. I checked available inventory every day, multiple times a day. 10 or so days later I found my exact order (not a Demo, 15 miles odometer), but it was in Bakersfield. I couldn't wait so I had them switch my order and I picked it up last Sunday. I didn't have to pay another $250, but I had to go pick up in Bakersfield. The one-way car rental and 3 hour drive was totally worth it to me so I didn't have to extend my current lease. Nice to have an excuse for a 3 hour road trip on day 1 too! Yours might pop up in available inventory if you check at least once a day. I noticed inventory would change day-to-day. You just have to be flexible and possibly go to Burbank or Bakersfield or god-knows-where to get it. Good luck to you neighbor!
Just checked now and it looks like they’ve just updated inventory with a couple of white interiors …. But not white exterior 😭 I would consider SG with white but I am not a fan of darker paint and they have one up in Santa Barbara. Hope you’re enjoying your new ride!!

Just checked now and it looks like they’ve just updated inventory with a couple of white interiors …. But not white exterior 😭 I would consider SG with white but I am not a fan of darker paint and they have one up in Santa Barbara. Hope you’re enjoying your new ride!!
FYI I should add just be careful when looking at the M3 White Interiors, it doesn't distinguish between Highland and the others. I would get excited to see my color and see that it was the older version. I started looking at the fog lights on the front to tell that it was the older ones.

Reactions: evfangirl
Yeah... I am one of the early Jan people and I am still waiting for a VIN, with current EDD Jun-Jul (no dates). You are in CA though so you might get it early. I strongly believe that Tesla's biggest issue is with their logistics/transportation org or business partners.
I am like you LL-FL. 1/11 OD, still no VIN. EDD Jun-Jul. SR, White / White, Bay Area, CA.

Just checked the app and now it just says EDD: July 2024 :(

Thought it was a good sign that it was moved to just July, but I see that almost everyone has been moved to July…idk if that’s good or not lol. Fingers crossed that they’re actually telling the truth this time. Ordered my first Tesla 5/2 SR RWD stealth grey with white interior. If I knew it was gonna be this bad with folks waiting since January, I would’ve just paid for the red with black interior lol. Again, fingers crossed we get ours—it’s the most we can do rn lol