Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 in the Solar City announcement tonight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is one.

Attachments

• IMG_9752.JPG
    IMG_9752.JPG
    271 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: Red Sage
I noticed the Model 3 prototype immediately when that garage door came up during the presentation. I looked for a driver in it but couldn't see clearly to be certain if there was a driver or not.

It was definitely summoned, just like the Model S with the arachnid wheels. It was weird that the Model 3 headlights had a yellow tinge to them... Anyway, it looked awesome!

They showed some great tech again! Here's to hoping they'll sell the solar roof in all countries as soon as possible!

What was extra interesting for model 3 are the implications on the price for a battery upgrade. I'm hopeful this means we could see an extra 15kWh for $5000. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: garsh
Here is one.

Is it me, or do I spot a small circular hole in the silver support for the mirror? Extra camera or sensor to monitor the 12 to 3 o'clock and 9 to 12 o'clock angles? This would be particularly useful in an urban environment where cyclists and pedestrians want to cross the street or where cars coming from the left or right at an intersection have the right of way.

Reactions: Waiting4M3
Looks to me like a woman is driving the Model 3 out of the garage:
Thanks, yes I see that now. I only watched the presentation once and didn't catch that since they only showed the car for a second or two as it was moving.

Typical Elon to sneak in the Model 3 last night but not say a word about it. Just like on the Q3 earning call when he said that he doesn't talk about the Model 3 these days because there is clearly huge demand and more info will be revealed later.

I was also happy to see that black Roadster last night. I wonder if that is his car.

Reactions: Red Sage