Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Miles are displayed in the Model 3 on mars video...
if you can find the Model 3 test drive after the delivery event where the woman driving took the group on the Tesla track instead of the normal route, I believe that video has turn signals which alseTrick was also looking for.
Yes, the video from Jurvetson showing the easter eggs and driving on Mars, that is where I saw it.

I believe all the test drive people were told to be coy and pretend to not know how to change the display so as to not show what the miles are on charge.

Not sure if this was posted already, but I noticed this as the background image from the mytesla logout page:
login-model3dash.jpg

I saw instantaneous usage via a green and white line in the videos.

Miles remaining
nE1RMF.jpg

music/radio overlay
M5oYyP.jpg

I'm trying to find the turn signals... it's in a video where someone took the Model 3 on the track that night. They were visible, green, and near the speed.

I hope the map doesn't always have to be up. I don't need this 99% of the time of my normal commute. I change it from the map display in my cars now. I find it distracting for everyday.

Why two door handles? Just do the manual one and skip the electronic one.
The electronic one at the top allows you to grab the handle and press the button with your thumb and then push the door open with a single, smooth motion. The mechanical one requires you to use your fingers to lift the lever to unlatch the door and then move your hand to grab the handle and push the door open. Either option may be used, but I imagine the mechanical one is there as a backup in case of electrical failure.

The electronic one at the top allows you to grab the handle and press the button with your thumb and then push the door open with a single, smooth motion. The mechanical one requires you to use your fingers to lift the lever to unlatch the door and then move your hand to grab the handle and push the door open. Either option may be used, but I imagine the mechanical one is there as a backup in case of electrical failure.

Couldn't you pull up on the mechanical one and then chicken wing-elbow the door open in "a single, smooth[ish] motion"? Or just pull and shoulder it open? Either way, it's a similar action to the electronic one, no?

In between the sun visors on the front cross member and on the roof cross member just behind the B-pillar. Refer to the picture in post #247 above.

View attachment 239414

Those are LEDs that you push to turn on/off. They beam downwards so they light up things in your lap (like looking at a chart or printed map.)

But won't there have to be some sort of lighting and/or dome lighting even on the base car? Why is that a "pup" feature?

But won't there have to be some sort of lighting and/or dome lighting even on the base car? Why is that a "pup" feature?

Those circular lights on the roof cross-members are the dome lights. I assume they are on every Model 3, just like S and X. Premium pack is the ambient lights, like the lights in the footwells, under the armrests, etc.

Couldn't you pull up on the mechanical one and then chicken wing-elbow the door open in "a single, smooth[ish] motion"? Or just pull and shoulder it open? Either way, it's a similar action to the electronic one, no?
I've had car doors get away from me by chicken-winging it open, especially when parked facing downhill or when it's windy. That's less likely to happen if I'm firmly grasping the handle. There may be other reasons, but that's what comes to mind for me.

I've had car doors get away from me by chicken-winging it open, especially when parked facing downhill or when it's windy. That's less likely to happen if I'm firmly grasping the handle. There may be other reasons, but that's what comes to mind for me.

So then just make the handle thumb electrical thing a mechanical lever.

I don't care that there are 2 options. I just don't understand why they couldn't "simplify" it to make it one.