Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla-Model-3-interior-dashboard-details.jpg

Is this steering column- to-dash flexible cover still a prototype part. On MT's photo of Franz's production car, it still looks like an improvised part.

Did anyone see the turn signal indicators in use at the reveal?

Will there be a consumption graph for Wh/mi?

What about a miles remaining indicator instead of just a battery percent icon?

How will the music/radio overlay fit onto the screen?
I saw instantaneous usage via a green and white line in the videos.

Miles remaining
nE1RMF.jpg

music/radio overlay
M5oYyP.jpg

I'm trying to find the turn signals... it's in a video where someone took the Model 3 on the track that night. They were visible, green, and near the speed.

Last edited:
I saw a comment in one video that the miles remaining was coming, but not in the UI yet. Can't speak to the rest of it.
I thought I saw in one of the test drives where it showed the miles instead of percentage, so assumed it was just a setting and test drive people were being coy and not saying if they could change it. Maybe I am just confused, will have to see if I can find it.

I thought I saw in one of the test drives where it showed the miles instead of percentage, so assumed it was just a setting and test drive people were being coy and not saying if they could change it. Maybe I am just confused, will have to see if I can find it.
Miles are displayed in the Model 3 on mars video...
if you can find the Model 3 test drive after the delivery event where the woman driving took the group on the Tesla track instead of the normal route, I believe that video has turn signals which alseTrick was also looking for.

Might be. I realized after I typed that I was thinking it was one of the reviews from before the deliveries, so maybe it was just turned off until the range was announced.

I saw instantaneous usage via a green and white line in the videos.

Miles remaining
nE1RMF.jpg

music/radio overlay
M5oYyP.jpg

I'm trying to find the turn signals... it's in a video where someone took the Model 3 on the track that night. They were visible, green, and near the speed.

Hmm. I hadn't seen the mars video yet and the couple rides i saw the radio wasn't up. Thanks.

Wait, instantaneous usage was a white line? Don't think i saw that either.

That thing? Seems kind of worthless.
Toyota has something very similar on my 2007 Prius but it's pretty clear when using it what kind of efficiency you're getting by the magnitude of the line.

In some videos they went through the settings menu and I didn't see a graph there either, but it's all software upgradable so who knows what there will be in a few months.

Well, no need to get snippy. My point still stands that just because you "saw it in person during partial build" really has no bearing on actually sitting in the driver seat, actually interacting with it, actually touching it to see how sturdy it is, etc. Surely the myriad of Tesla engineers have taken into consideration the pros/cons of this design decision.

Believe me, I am not overly in love with it either, but I am at least willing to give it a shot before considering other options.

Well my apologies if you or anyone thought the reply was snippy. I was trying to clarify the FALSE assumption that I hadn't even looked at the M3 display. Text never conveys the tone of a person and sadly, some folks automatically assume text is confrontational. There is another assumption that "saw it" means I just looked at it from a distance. Well, I interacted with it enough to know that I don't want it in a car, but realize it might be pretty sexy to some folks who will like it. My only real concern is the same as a couple other people is that is might be easy to break by protruding out from the dash. Kids will be kids. :D

Well my apologies if you or anyone thought the reply was snippy. I was trying to clarify the FALSE assumption that I hadn't even looked at the M3 display. Text never conveys the tone of a person and sadly, some folks automatically assume text is confrontational. There is another assumption that "saw it" means I just looked at it from a distance. Well, I interacted with it enough to know that I don't want it in a car, but realize it might be pretty sexy to some folks who will like it. My only real concern is the same as a couple other people is that is might be easy to break by protruding out from the dash. Kids will be kids. :D
As long as we are rehashing some earlier posts- when you said previously you are "getting a new car for the son", are you getting a car for your son to drive, or are you saying you need a new car due to the fact you need something to transport younger kids? I'm confused at how much thrashing a driving-age person does in their automobile. -Fairness in conversation- I can imagine the screen taking damage at some point.

Reactions: FlyF4
As long as we are rehashing some earlier posts- when you said previously you are "getting a new car for the son", are you getting a car for your son to drive, or are you saying you need a new car due to the fact you need something to transport younger kids? I'm confused at how much thrashing a driving-age person does in their automobile. -Fairness in conversation- I can imagine the screen taking damage at some point.

Oh, good point Timo. I was referring to a 24 year-old male driving it. The final decision was up to him. He didn't want it either (for different reasons other than the display, although he didn't like it sticking out either). The new car is a college graduation gift. Though I am partial to Tesla, he wants another brand EV. I'm not buying an S for him. ;)

• Disagree
Reactions: Snerruc