Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 inventories up -- any deals happening?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has closed vehicle production for the last week of Q1. Cars that were made prior to shutdown are on their way to service centers for customer deliveries. VINs numbers on the website that are in the Existing Inventory are either on the lots, or on transport vehicles being delivered to the centers. Existing Inventory does not mean that those cars are sitting in that service center parking lot. IMHO all cars will be sold because there will be no more North America production for 6 weeks as all new production vehicles will be going to Europe as in the previous 4 quarters.

there are unfortunately ZERO discounts in brand new Inventory cars currently. Tesla has one week to move them (to be included in Q1) but either they know there are enough buyers still or aren’t motivated to really push them out. Kind of surprising to me but could be a sign that they had a great quarter regardless of COVID-19
That's my point, people are getting the discounts off the demo/older cars. We haven't seen discounts on brand new car like they did a few quarters back. I almost bought a showroom car at 2k off with 220 miles, that's not 2k off a new car.

Reactions: PlaidCPA
Tesla still has approximately 2,800 Model 3’s in inventory across North America, about the same number they had a week ago. This indicates they are not selling many cars.

While we have not seen any indications of discounts yet, I don’t see the company wanting to hold on to 2,800 cars for a long period of time. If customers continue to cancel their existing orders and the pandemic keeps them from reopening any time soon, at some point I do believe they will have no choice but to begin offering discounts. I see no reason to pay full price right now if you don’t need a car right away. Keep an eye on inventory in your area. The more they have the more likely the opportunity to negotiate with them.

Tesla still has approximately 2,800 Model 3’s in inventory across North America, about the same number they had a week ago. This indicates they are not selling many cars.

They're also all the same ones that I've been seeing on different inventory search websites for the past week, as nothing new is coming in and most of that inventory has been sitting around for awhile (with slightly lower serial number builds).

While I had hoped some new inventory who have came through by now just after the factory shutdown, I don't think there's going to be any new configurations coming in until after the factory opens back up.... and that's only if Tesla decides to fill orders where they left off before the shutdown. Otherwise, a lot of people who didn't get their Q1 orders (like me) will be waiting until the end of Q2 in June to get their cars.

They're also all the same ones that I've been seeing on different inventory search websites for the past week, as nothing new is coming in and most of that inventory has been sitting around for awhile (with slightly lower serial number builds).

While I had hoped some new inventory who have came through by now just after the factory shutdown, I don't think there's going to be any new configurations coming in until after the factory opens back up.... and that's only if Tesla decides to fill orders where they left off before the shutdown. Otherwise, a lot of people who didn't get their Q1 orders (like me) will be waiting until the end of Q2 in June to get their cars.

But they still have to move these 2,800 cars at some point. So if they offer to comp a paint or wheel upgrade to move a car that is slightly different than what someone ordered there will be a wave of customers who take slightly different configurations in return for getting a better price and not having to wait several months.

There’s deals out there on demo cars for sure. I put off buying an SR for business due the current times in exchange for a Y down the line but if Tesla were to throw free supercharging or complimentary FSD out there to move some 3’s I’d have to reconsider for sure. Ideally though I’d love to score a cherry deal on a Model X so I can 179 it.

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110
But they still have to move these 2,800 cars at some point. So if they offer to comp a paint or wheel upgrade to move a car that is slightly different than what someone ordered there will be a wave of customers who take slightly different configurations in return for getting a better price and not having to wait several months.

I realize that they may comp a paint color price upgrade or a wheel upgrade to move existing stock, but that only works if you're willing to buy what they already have, and as is.

My problem is they don't have a configuration in what I'm looking for locally (SR+, black interior, 19" sport wheels) unless I want a blue car.... or pay $2000 to have one shipped from somewhere else - which I've found 2 cars that do match my config but they're on the East Coast, and no telling when shipping companies would be able to move them across the country due to COVID-19 and lockdown / stay-at-home orders in place everywhere.

Plus, the SA's told me that Tesla won't swap wheels on an existing car per their policy, and that the car must sell with its original build configuration. I guess I could always buy a car matching my config but with 18" aero wheels, and then spend $2000 locally on some used 19" sport wheels.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
I realize that they may comp a paint color price upgrade or a wheel upgrade to move existing stock, but that only works if you're willing to buy what they already have, and as is.

My problem is they don't have a configuration in what I'm looking for locally (SR+, black interior, 19" sport wheels) unless I want a blue car.... or pay $2000 to have one shipped from somewhere else - which I've found 2 cars that do match my config but they're on the East Coast, and no telling when shipping companies would be able to move them across the country due to COVID-19 and lockdown / stay-at-home orders in place everywhere.

Plus, the SA's told me that Tesla won't swap wheels on an existing car per their policy, and that the car must sell with its original build configuration. I guess I could always buy a car matching my config but with 18" aero wheels, and then spend $2000 locally on some used 19" sport wheels.

Sales reps can only tell you what they are directed to say from corporate. So until Elon decides to allow incentives nothing is going to change. But if car sales come to a virtual halt Tesla is not going to want to sit on 2,800 cars so they are going to have to do something.

Now if you don’t want any of the cars they have in stock it doesn’t really matter for you. But with no idea when the factories may reopen you may be waiting a very long time.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh and 12ed5ive
Sales Advisor just showed me the following:
M3SR+
Midnight Silver Metallic
18" Aero Wheels
All Black Partial Premium Interior
Full Self-Driving Capability
$46,910

When building this, it would be $47,990 so it's $1,080 in savings if delivery was taken today.

Not sure if his is just trying to close sales before the end of the quarter, but he said new car inventory will not be back until mid-Summer 2020.

M3SR+
Midnight Silver Metallic
18" Aero Wheels
$46,910

When building this, it would be $47,990 so it's $1,080 in savings if delivery was taken today.

Not sure if his is just trying to close sales before the end of the quarter, but he said new car inventory will not be back until mid-Summer 2020.

just $1K off? I would wait. for more. Given the economy, it's only a matter of time.

I'm hoping they do also some sales on OTA upgrades too. Tesla is fairly unique in being able to get a revenue stream that way

just $1K off? I would wait. for more. Given the economy, it's only a matter of time.

I'm hoping they do also some sales on OTA upgrades too. Tesla is fairly unique in being able to get a revenue stream that way

I have to agree. That’s not much of a discount and it’s hard to get excited about buying a car when you are not supposed to go anywhere. Wait until we see where this pandemic is heading.

Reactions: byeLT4 and vickh
There’s deals out there on demo cars for sure. I put off buying an SR for business due the current times in exchange for a Y down the line but if Tesla were to throw free supercharging or complimentary FSD out there to move some 3’s I’d have to reconsider for sure. Ideally though I’d love to score a cherry deal on a Model X so I can 179 it.

I doubt complimentary FSD, AP maybe

I wish they had made the Y heavy enough for 179,

M3SR+
Midnight Silver Metallic
18" Aero Wheels
$46,910
The first thing I thought of was the Model 3 that's sitting in the mall showroom nearby me, which I've looked at a few times in the past few months, while my kids were literally jumping in & out of from every seat (same red/white LR with 2 miles on it). I can only imagine how often that happens throughout the day and with heavy traffic, and people's weird habit of needing to touch everything with their dirty hands.

IMO, it doesn't matter that there's only 3 miles on the car, when you should take into consideration the 'mileage' from physical use & abuse that customers have put on the car. Take that into consideration with the "sale" price that they're offering you.

Reactions: SeaNile
I just took delivery of my base 3 on Saturday, It was existing inventory headed to AZ from Fremont on a truck. They wouldn’t move on price or incentives one bit. But it was the exact config I was seeking, I got 2.89% 72 month financing with only $2400 down, and they delivered to my home 3 days after placing the order at the Bellevue WA device center. The service centers have access to inventory we can’t see online.