Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
K44ENT I don't think mine is on the RCC Amsterdam as I think that is a RoRo rather than a container ship. Mine is a model S so it comes from America in bits to be reassembled in Holland to then be transferred to the UK.
RoRos only deliver M3s as far as I'm aware
(I did spend far to long reading Mr Miserables thread second guessing which RoRo I'd be on before he kindly explained the difference in delivery between M3 and MS/X :) )
Yes the end user gets the delivery text not the lease co in most circumstances. I didn't get the allocation text as mine was from inventory rather than custom , that is probably the reason that I'm due to get a model S ordered in October delivered this year, as, in October the Website deivery estimate for MS and X jumped from Nov 20 to March 21

For anyone interested it is a LR in blue with black interior, standard wheels and no FSD

Reactions: Mr Miserable
No text yet so I phoned Tesla (must say that the people who answer the delivery option always seem faintly surprised that I should want to speak to them about a delivery)
Still no date but "definitely" before Xmas. I asked how long before delivery the text was sent, response was "2-3 weeks" I said that I would need as much notice as poss because of work commitments, "It's ok, you don't have to be there for delivery, as long as someone is at home when we drop it off that'll be fine" Hmmmm, I think not.
Hey ho, at least my thumbs are getting lots of excercise twidding.

We are leasing a SR+ via Arval. Ordered it 16/11 but only got confirmation from Tesla on the 30th. No RN yet but still hoping for December delivery (there are still 4 ships coming in).

How is the delivery done for lease cars? Do you pick it up from Tesla or will they deliver it? I've read somewhere that as you don't own the car you can't sign for delivery?

This might seem a dumb question, and I have looked on the forum for an answer. I'm a noob, so bear with me.

My lease co allow me to pay the £100 and reserve direct from inventory, so I got my RN there and then, which I pass to them.

Would this mean it will take as long as it takes to process at the lease co end, or do those cars in the inventory not exist, and you just get allocated a slot for that spec?

Thanks.

No such thing as a dumb question on here.
What I understand an inventory car to mean is that it has been built, it may be parked outside the factory or on a ship or even in the UK.
So it should be quicker than a bespoke order and if you have paid the deposit , it sort of doesn't matter how long the lease co take with the paperwork. If they take too long you will eventually get a message from Tesla asking you to pay the final balance but from Teslas pov, until the lease co take it over it's on it's way to you. I would have thought that even the most chaotic lease co could get the paperwork done in the time it takes to ship a car halfway around the world :)

You wait as patiently as you can! The people at the call centre aren't told everything and / or don't share everything.

You'll get a text when you're matched to a vehicle then around a week later you'll get a text to arrange collection / delivery. This may happen sooner depending on the spec you ordered and whether a car of that spec already exists on the "used inventory" page.

Ordered my car through Zenith workplace scheme. Ordered mid-November with an estimated March delivery and had an SMS direct from Tesla indicating delivery on 29th December (assume a cancelled order has freed up a car with my chosen spec), which has subsequently been confirmed. Zenith must be linked in too as the portal has been updated to reflect the change; all seems eerily joined up.

Sonix I'm with Zenith as well delivery 30th, I ordered in october and was worried it would not be here this year however Tesla advised that Zenith had ordered from Inventory rather than custom build.Oddly my Zenith portal still estimates delivery on 10/12
Presume yours is a home delivery like mine?
Mr Miserable reckons its currently on the dock in Holland waiting for the GLOVIS SUN. Fingers crossed

Sonix I'm with Zenith as well delivery 30th, I ordered in october and was worried it would not be here this year however Tesla advised that Zenith had ordered from Inventory rather than custom build.Oddly my Zenith portal still estimates delivery on 10/12
Presume yours is a home delivery like mine?
Mr Miserable reckons its currently on the dock in Holland waiting for the GLOVIS SUN. Fingers crossed

Let’s see if we both get our cars :) Would be good to avoid any risk of Brexit tariff complications, although I am wondering if my car will have the camera issue as it’s so much earlier than expected.

May be the wrong thread, but I’ve read about free supercharger miles for a year on cars delivered before year end. Does this apply to us do you know?

Sonix, I think that you get 1000 fre KWH supercharger credit with the car, might vary depending on the spec? Mine is a Model S LR so it also should have a years premium connectivity.
Have you set up your Tesla account yet, Tesla will asign the car to your account shortly after delivery.
Re Brexit I'm not sure if that will affect the convoluted tax avoidance delivery process that the MS goes through

Sonix, I think that you get 1000 fre KWH supercharger credit with the car, might vary depending on the spec? Mine is a Model S LR so it also should have a years premium connectivity.
Have you set up your Tesla account yet, Tesla will asign the car to your account shortly after delivery.
Re Brexit I'm not sure if that will affect the convoluted tax avoidance delivery process that the MS goes through

Thanks. Account all set up. I used a referral, so should get the 1000 miles, but apparently there’s a special offer before end-Dec for a year’s free Supercharger.

I’ve just had my leased car in for some warranty work. I pushed the issue with them, as I wanted to pay to unlock the rear heated seats and also to subscribe to premium connectivity.

They told me they can do once off payment upgrades (heated rear seats, FSD, etc) in the service centre with physical card payment, but can’t arrange premium connectivity as it is a recurring subscription. I went ahead and paid for the heated seats (waiting for it to now reach the car), but am stuck without premium connectivity. He did say this is a known issue with Tesla and they are working on an upgrade to the system that will allow leased car users to subscribe themselves. Not sure if there is any truth to this, but am hoping he is right.

Ooh nice. So maybe I could buy the Acceleration Boost from Winchester Tesla via card payment.

Also for people who took delivery between 29th and 31st Dec should get a free year's worth of supercharging and 3 months free FSD. I already have the FSD working, and my brokr confirmed that he has talked to Tesla and they had agreed to add a free year's worth of supercharging. My broker deals with Lex Autolease through I have business contract hire for my Tesla M3 LR.

Last edited:
Just a quick reminder that even though you are leasing, you can still benefit from 1000 free supercharging miles by using a referral from a Tesla owner - you just give the referral details to the leasing company and when they order your car there is a box for them to enter the referral details.
In actual fact what you will receive is 400kWh of free supercharging to your Tesla account which works out as quite a bit more than 1000 miles. For leasing customers this credit is not immediately obvious - you have to use a supercharger and afterwards log in to your Tesla account and click the History tab. There you will find the invoice for your charging and if you click on the detail you will hopefully see that your credit card has not been charged and you should see how many kW hrs are remaining. You have 6 months to use the 400 kWh.

Looking for some advice on leasing a model 3 via salary sacrifice/employer scheme if someone's willing to help. Haven't leased a car before so not quite sure of how pricing works. Given the tax benefits of salary sacrifice it comes out significantly cheaper than any other quotes I've seen. I suppose what I'm not sure of is whether there is any scope for negotiation or I just have to accept it as is? I kind of get the impression I am being held over a barrel a little by them.

Looking for some advice on leasing a model 3 via salary sacrifice/employer scheme if someone's willing to help. Haven't leased a car before so not quite sure of how pricing works. Given the tax benefits of salary sacrifice it comes out significantly cheaper than any other quotes I've seen. I suppose what I'm not sure of is whether there is any scope for negotiation or I just have to accept it as is? I kind of get the impression I am being held over a barrel a little by them.

You sometimes get special offers, but in my experience they weren't willing to budge at all on a Tesla, and as you say, it's a lot cheaper with the tax breaks than elsewhere. Like you, I was a first time salary-sacrifice'r; worth checking if your pension contributions will be affected. Also worth knowing that you will be insured on a company scheme and as such you may lose your no-claims bonus, although the leasing company provide a letter at the end of the period (I have no idea how far this goes in getting it back combined with any legacy NCB. Having run older cars for quite a while, I am really enjoying the completely predictable payment that covers me for everything.

What kind of deals are people finding?

I see a deal on gateway 2 lease

White LR

Initial of £1,730.09 (3 months) inc VAT followed by
35 x £576.70 inc VAT per month

Does this seem like a decent deal? Anyone see anything better? Is it worth getting the maintenance package?

Thanks