Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla drivers who have salary sacrificed via NHS trusts..

how long does it take for the car to appear on the insurance database? My wife was pulled over last night for presumably the car not showing as currently insured. The NHS trust has sent us a copy of the current company car policy which in theory should be enough, however we don't particularly want to get pulled over everytime the car is used as it will really suck the fun out of the whole experience.. thanks

Tesla drivers who have salary sacrificed via NHS trusts..

how long does it take for the car to appear on the insurance database? My wife was pulled over last night for presumably the car not showing as currently insured. The NHS trust has sent us a copy of the current company car policy which in theory should be enough, however we don't particularly want to get pulled over everytime the car is used as it will really suck the fun out of the whole experience.. thanks
If it is through NHSFleetSolutions, the drivers insured on the business lease are listed within the contract. You can find it in the fleetmycar app on your phone and you should have been emailed a copy before taking delivery of the car.

Does anyone have any experience ordering through KINTO?
We've ordered via NHS SS, but not heard anything since filing the paperwork at the beginning of January. After bugging the scheme coordinator we've seen the email confirmation of the order but no one can tell us anymore. How long should it take?
Let me tell you what I did with NHS/Kinto. Been really cheeky but it all worked out perfect at the end. After ordering the car on the NHS portal (depending on your trust might be different), went str8 on Tesla website and found a car, near me, new and payed the deposit on it (200 quid). Once the deposit has been payed, you will get an RN number, which you can contact your leasing company - Kinto - and ask them to match your RN with the one on their paper work.
Once this has been done, all you have to do is wait.

My delivery estimate was October and placed the order on the 12th of February.

I got the car on the 1st of March, using this little work around.

And got my deposit back from Tesla too.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: jstanthrevdrvr
I did a similar thing with my salary sacrifice - the reason it works is Tesla don't have special deals with the various contract hire companies - if you were getting a Ford say they may well have a discount negotiated with Ford which wouldn't necessarily apply if they took over an order created by the customer. As the price is always the same with Tesla whatever the route they are happy to do this as it means they have no work to do on their end sourcing the car.

Let me tell you what I did with NHS/Kinto. Been really cheeky but it all worked out perfect at the end. After ordering the car on the NHS portal (depending on your trust might be different), went str8 on Tesla website and found a car, near me, new and payed the deposit on it (200 quid). Once the deposit has been payed, you will get an RN number, which you can contact your leasing company - Kinto - and ask them to match your RN with the one on their paper work.

Hope this helps.
It doesn't help me, I've had my car nearly 3 months now 🤣🤣🤣
But thanks anyway, other people may find your post useful 👍🏻

Hope this helps.
This is pretty neat. I’m following this approach for my MY order from Zenith, will update how it goes. Currently waiting for Zenith to complete the RN match.

They will match it, the only way to get them to do what you reallywant - you're the one paying, if there is a way to beat them at their own game, do it.
Good luck.
I did a similar thing with my salary sacrifice - the reason it works is Tesla don't have special deals with the various contract hire companies - if you were getting a Ford say they may well have a discount negotiated with Ford which wouldn't necessarily apply if they took over an order created by the customer. As the price is always the same with Tesla whatever the route they are happy to do this as it means they have no work to do on their end sourcing the car.
facing strange issue. MYLR I ordered disappeared today from my account after Zenith matched their order number with the RN I shared.
Until yesterday I could see the RN, VIN and collection booking date in the app.
Telsa confirmed booking is still present but has no idea why the car disappeared from the account.

facing strange issue. MYLR I ordered disappeared today from my account after Zenith matched their order number with the RN I shared.
Until yesterday I could see the RN, VIN and collection booking date in the app.
Telsa confirmed booking is still present but has no idea why the car disappeared from the account.
If it’s a lease then only the lease owner gets to see the vehicle order. When it is delivered the driver gets access to the vehicle.

• Informative
Reactions: jstanthrevdrvr

Hope this helps.
Just as a note with this approach: I did it yesterday and now they are hassling me to pay and collect within a week or breach contract.
Ironic given my history trying to buy a used inventory car where they did sweet FA and didn’t communicate or give me any timescales for 7 weeks before I cancelled.

I replied acknowledging their desire to move the car off the lot, but the app clearly states delivery between 6th and 21st, so am working to those timescales.

Hasn’t stopped the texts of course and it’s probably fine as my work & lease co have been super quick in turning paperwork around, but it’s certainly not the pleasant experience of buying a new car I am used to 🤦🏻‍♂️

If it’s a lease then only the lease owner gets to see the vehicle order. When it is delivered the driver gets access to the vehicle.
New to leasing a Tesla, when i get around to picking it up, i asume the lease company will give me access.

It sounds like they will "Add a driver" on their account? But they might remain the primary account holder for the car, as the owner?

Questions i cant find answers to:

- Is that the case, they just add me as a driver? So i cant pay for ugrades, premium connectivity, etc?

- If they are the primary account, what account does the supercharging get billed to? How does it know to charge me and not them?

- Can they track my location in their account?

- If they dont simply use the "add a driver" feature, the only other feature i can see is "transfer owndership" which seems a step too far, but would answer all of the above by giving me full control and privacy?

Thanks for any advice / knowledge

I have the car in the app and have full control that way.
I don’t have the car in my orders/account page on the Tesla website tho - that got transferred when the leave company took my order over (I got the deposit back).
I can see premium connectivity in the options/subscriptions part of the app and in the car, so can pay when the trial runs out. There are no other upgrades available to me (I can’t seem to add FSD for example).
Don’t know about supercharging, not done it, but I have the free miles in my account and my account has the card number to be charged.
I imagine they could track fleet location, but don’t employ people to do so. Tesla can track too and you can share all the data with them if you so wish (I remember clicking on ‘no’ a lot to this stuff on first drive).

New to leasing a Tesla, when i get around to picking it up, i asume the lease company will give me access.

It sounds like they will "Add a driver" on their account? But they might remain the primary account holder for the car, as the owner?

Questions i cant find answers to:

- Is that the case, they just add me as a driver? So i cant pay for ugrades, premium connectivity, etc?

- If they are the primary account, what account does the supercharging get billed to? How does it know to charge me and not them?

- Can they track my location in their account?

- If they dont simply use the "add a driver" feature, the only other feature i can see is "transfer owndership" which seems a step too far, but would answer all of the above by giving me full control and privacy?

Thanks for any advice / knowledge
You create your own Tesla account, in which you enter payment details, bank or cc, for supercharging and premium connectivity. The leasing company then assigns their vehicle to your account which allows you to access the car and pay for charging. The upgrades menu is unavailable, in my car at least.

Hi there

I have just put in an order through our company's salary sacrifice scheme for a brand new Tesla Model Y - my wife and I are extremely excited to start our EV journey!

A Tesla-mad friend of mine has given me his referral link to use - which I believe gets us both 1k free supercharger miles - however the salary sacrifice leasing company say this cannot be applied to our order because "Tesla won't honor any sort of extra miles when it comes to leased vehicles".

Is that right, seems quite a big hole in there referral scheme if leased vehicles are not eligible??

Does anyone have any experience of whether applying a referral code through salary sacrifice scheme is possible, or if so how the leasing company should go about it? I'm guessing Tesla do not allow you to apply them retrospectively.

All I have at the moment is my friends referral link which takes me to the Tesla website, I'm guessing the code is just the end bit of the URL, i.e. "david67890" (for example)

Any help much is very much appreciated!

Thanks

I am about to leave my job, and I have a disagreement with my company over the early termination fee of a company car (obviously they published wrong information on the Intranet which they have now amended but they don't accept responsibility. Intranet info was incorrect, T&Cs were correct but they never sent T&Cs to me).

My company and Lex Autolease both are FCA regulated, do you know if I can raise a complaint to FCA for company lease if the complaint internally is not successful?

I am about to leave my job, and I have a disagreement with my company over the early termination fee of a company car (obviously they published wrong information on the Intranet which they have now amended but they don't accept responsibility. Intranet info was incorrect, T&Cs were correct but they never sent T&Cs to me).

My company and Lex Autolease both are FCA regulated, do you know if I can raise a complaint to FCA for company lease if the complaint internally is not successful?
I'm a little unclear whether the termination fee is under your contract of employment, or whether it is imposed by Lex Autolease.

If through Lex Autolease then you may have a claim concerning lack of disclosure and your agreement to their T&C's. The process would be first to make a complaint to Lex Autolease, they will then have a complaint process where they will consider your complaint and respond in writing. If you are unhappy with their reply/resolution then you can take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.

I suspect you will need some evidence of what incorrect information was provided to you at the time of the contract, and that no attempt was made to provide you with correct information prior to the contract and that you were not offered ability to withdraw from the contract when corrected information was made available to you.

You would not normally complain directly to the FCA.

I'm a little unclear whether the termination fee is under your contract of employment, or whether it is imposed by Lex Autolease.

If through Lex Autolease then you may have a claim concerning lack of disclosure and your agreement to their T&C's. The process would be first to make a complaint to Lex Autolease, they will then have a complaint process where they will consider your complaint and respond in writing. If you are unhappy with their reply/resolution then you can take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.

I suspect you will need some evidence of what incorrect information was provided to you at the time of the contract, and that no attempt was made to provide you with correct information prior to the contract and that you were not offered ability to withdraw from the contract when corrected information was made available to you.

Termination fee is payable to Lex. Nothing is paid to my employer.
But it is a bit complicated.
Information in the intranet was obviously incorrect, according to which I took the decision to get the car (actually they changed a policy under which company and myself were previously sharing the fee, where now I am solely eligible).

I am trying to resolve it internally but just considering next steps if it goes nowhere.

Hey all, apologies if this has been asked already. I did search through and couldn't find the specific answer.
I have a salary sacrifice model 3. Will still have it for another 3 years all being well, I wanted to know if anyone has experience in having the tints removed before returning the car.

Thanks once again, company accepted the errors made and will cover the relevant cost.

I would be surprised if they would allow to escalate externally

Reactions: JupiterMan