Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed a big jump in lease prices in the last month? I had quotes about a month ago and the best I had was £505pm (Performance, 48 months, 9 months down, 8k miles), but the guy at the Tesla showroom said I couldn't order the car more than four months in advance.

Now it's getting closer to the time I can actually make an order and all the quotes are coming in around the £550 mark. Seems like a massive jump in the space of a few weeks?
Tesla increased the price of the car by around £2000 recently, so there is that. :(

Has anyone noticed a big jump in lease prices in the last month? I had quotes about a month ago and the best I had was £505pm (Performance, 48 months, 9 months down, 8k miles), but the guy at the Tesla showroom said I couldn't order the car more than four months in advance.

Now it's getting closer to the time I can actually make an order and all the quotes are coming in around the £550 mark. Seems like a massive jump in the space of a few weeks?

I will have ordered 4 months before receiving the car soon, so that guy was talking rubbish.

Stoner, try Nationwide Vehicle Contracts, I put your requirements in and got a quote back of £483, they seem to have deals on the Model 3 just now. Better hurry, as I wouldn't imagine the deals will be on for long.

Found that on Saturday, and I'll be making a call first thing tomorrow morning! Hopefully the prices are accurate...

Anyones VIN come back since they dissappered on the 15th? Mine appeard on the 14th, dissapeared on the 15th and hasn't come back since.

I wonder if we will see a change in this after the Grand Pinoneer makes its way out of the Panama Canal later on today.

I'm leasing and like many others had a VIN for a day last week which then disappeared. Same VIN came back on Friday and held steady since. Spoke to Tesla this morning and they advised I have been matched and the car is about to stop in Belgium before coming to the UK (so I assume Dahlia) and that collection would likely be first/second week of November. Still not official as I don't have paperwork but have spoke to the lease company this morning to make them aware and hopefully they will talk to Tesla. So lease people should start getting VINs again now in theory...

Like some others I've now had confirmation from the lease broker that my car will be landed on 28th - so adds weight to the theory that Grand Dahlia will be docking in Southampton after Zeeburgge. Tesla will contact me with a collection window and I'll have 7 days or the car will be re-allocated to someone else. So that's 3 months (ish) order to collection.

Stoner, try Nationwide Vehicle Contracts, I put your requirements in and got a quote back of £483, they seem to have deals on the Model 3 just now. Better hurry, as I wouldn't imagine the deals will be on for long.

Went through the whole application with them, only for them to tell me the prices were wrong, I'm so disappointed.

Does anyone have any other recommendations? Carleasing.co.uk seem to be the cheapest at the moment.

Went through the whole application with them, only for them to tell me the prices were wrong, I'm so disappointed.

Does anyone have any other recommendations? Carleasing.co.uk seem to be the cheapest at the moment.

Sorry to hear that, we used them when my wife leased her car and everything was fine.

When I was looking for my SR+, I checked quite a few places and I ended up going with Gateway2lease, they were the cheapest. For the last few weeks they don't show the prices on their website for Model 3's, probably due to the constant price changes. I would message them with the options you want and see what price they come back with.

Again sorry to hear you wasted your time, but surely they must know the prices are wrong considering they marked them up saying price reductions. That sounds really dodgy to me, probably best you didn't go with them if that's what they're like.

Thanks, speaking to a few companies today they claim there's only two lenders at the minute and the prices are much higher than a few weeks ago.

I'm gutted as the guy from Tesla told me I couldn't order more than four months in advance, but now lease companies are telling me six months so I could have got it much cheaper!

Thanks, speaking to a few companies today they claim there's only two lenders at the minute and the prices are much higher than a few weeks ago.

I'm gutted as the guy from Tesla told me I couldn't order more than four months in advance, but now lease companies are telling me six months so I could have got it much cheaper!

Not great, I would still try and get the cheapest deal, even if it was more than it was previously. If it's the car you want then you should go for it. Check Gateway2lease, as they will probably be cheaper than most.

The other option is to go for something else, there's always good lease deals on offer. If you go this route then keep an eye out on HotUKDeals, as there's usually a few lease deals pop up there.

Best of luck.

I did my lease through 1st Choice Vehicle Finance. They are a broker and the lease is through Lex Autolease but when I was searching in August they were by far the cheapest. They have also been great so far, very efficient and easy to deal with.

To be honest that's what I thought would happen when leasing. Its useufl info tho thanks for sharing.

Noone leasing got through their VIN like the cash buyers did on their invoices. Seemed like for lease orders it was a SC VIN that dissapeared after 1 day. Since we, nor the leasing company, are paying cash outright they wouldn't provide any invoices with confirmed VINs on them.

If we are looking at early November delivery, likely we will have confirmed VINs late October. Should be when the Grand Dahlia arrives at Zeerbrugge but we will have to see...could be when the cars arrive in the UK.

Just got an email reply from Tesla Delivery Team in response to an update I asked for two weeks ago.

"Thank you for your email.

Following on from your previous emails I can confirm currently we are waiting to assign a vehicle to the order in a process called 'VIN matching'. We are planning on running another round at the end of this week, however we unfortunately can't confirm if your order will be fulfilled in this round. We are working to fulfill all orders as soon as possible and we will inform you as soon as possible when it happens. After the order has been VIN matched we can work toward scheduling a delivery date.

We are sorry that we couldn't provide a more positive update today, but we will fulfill the order in due course. We appreciate your patience in this process."

Assuming this means that the VINs we got on the 14th meant nothing, as somewhat expected. Actual VIN matching is done closer to delivery date, again as we somewhat expected based on people's past experiences.

The wait continues...