Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would guess it works differently with leasing, in the same way that we didn't get a confirmed VIN (SC VIN only) at any point during this process, but those who had paid with cash were recieving invoices with VINs on them.

My broker said I would get a 7 day delivery window when the ship reaches Zeebrugge, I reckon we might hear something then.

Still optimistic about this late Oct/early Nov delivery. The wait continues...not long now hopefully!

Just been offered a cancelled order for a m3 performance with midnight silver at £467 (ex vat) on 6+23. Thats the cheapest I could find at present as prices seems to have gone up. Car is already at port but don't need one til January as that's when my current one goes back

Hi People,

I'm also leasing through Zen Auto and am one of the 38 customers currently waiting. Ordered a M3 SR+ Midnight Silver Metallic on Sept 16th on a 4yr 15k lease. I have some concerns for a number of reasons...

1. I was expecting delivery middle of October, but have been told that the shipment was delayed until end of October (I didn't think this would be a problem as my current lease doesn't end until November 4th), however, I did not receive the email like everyone else did... it took a phone call for me to find this information out.
  2. I was also told by Zen last week that the next thing I would hear would be from Tesla 'in the next few days'. I didn't hear anything, so contacted Tesla directly and was told that my account isn't linked to any vehicle order and they need the 'RN Number' in order to check the progress of the order.
  3. After much back and forth with Zen, I finally received my RN number today (who said they had to get it from Tesla). I called Tesla again and got told that there is no vehicle allocated to me.
  4. On logging in to the Tesla account, my vehicle is not shown.
  5. Zen are still insistent that I will hear from Tesla in the next few days after the ship arrives on 28th October
  6. Tesla are still insistent that of the 2 ships arriving in the coming weeks, 75% of the vehicles have already been allocated and the remainder will be allocated on arrival in the UK.
  7. Despite Zen being incredibly friendly, having spoken with Angela, Kirsty and Hannah (at length!), it doesn't fill me with confidence that they are expecting the ship to arrive in Stockport (not Southampton) and that I will be able to collect from Bristol (Tesla confirm this is not a possibility).
Along with the rest of you I'm completely in the dark... hopefully when you see that I haven't even got a car in my Tesla account you will realise how lucky you are! Does anyone have any optimism for me? I'm at my wits end.

Thanks

Hi People,

I'm also leasing through Zen Auto and am one of the 38 customers currently waiting. Ordered a M3 SR+ Midnight Silver Metallic on Sept 16th on a 4yr 15k lease. I have some concerns for a number of reasons...

1. I was expecting delivery middle of October, but have been told that the shipment was delayed until end of October (I didn't think this would be a problem as my current lease doesn't end until November 4th), however, I did not receive the email like everyone else did... it took a phone call for me to find this information out.
  2. I was also told by Zen last week that the next thing I would hear would be from Tesla 'in the next few days'. I didn't hear anything, so contacted Tesla directly and was told that my account isn't linked to any vehicle order and they need the 'RN Number' in order to check the progress of the order.
  3. After much back and forth with Zen, I finally received my RN number today (who said they had to get it from Tesla). I called Tesla again and got told that there is no vehicle allocated to me.
  4. On logging in to the Tesla account, my vehicle is not shown.
  5. Zen are still insistent that I will hear from Tesla in the next few days after the ship arrives on 28th October
  6. Tesla are still insistent that of the 2 ships arriving in the coming weeks, 75% of the vehicles have already been allocated and the remainder will be allocated on arrival in the UK.
  7. Despite Zen being incredibly friendly, having spoken with Angela, Kirsty and Hannah (at length!), it doesn't fill me with confidence that they are expecting the ship to arrive in Stockport (not Southampton) and that I will be able to collect from Bristol (Tesla confirm this is not a possibility).
Along with the rest of you I'm completely in the dark... hopefully when you see that I haven't even got a car in my Tesla account you will realise how lucky you are! Does anyone have any optimism for me? I'm at my wits end.

Thanks
I'm in a similar situation with Zen. My order went through on 30th August and I requested my RN a few weeks later. I can see the spec I ordered but no hidden VIN and no contact from Tesla. I'm doubting my car will be on any of the latest two shipments and I can see other Zen customers from the batch of 38 are being contacted.
I guess cancelling is an option as Zen can't give a valid supply date. Unless we get contacted by Tesla at the 11th hour.

You may have been allocated a car, it's just that Zen don't know since Tesla are not giving out that information until the car is allocated in Zeebrugge or Southampton. Most of us haven't had anything confirmed by Tesla, even if we have an SC VIN.

Remember SC VINs don't necessarily mean anything, it's a workaround that people have found and the VINs change multiple times, disappear, reappear etc.

I would imagine the order itself is assigned to Zen, rather than to you like it is for some leasing customers, so again not necessarily a bad thing that you can't see your car when you log in.

But remember the average wait time has been 3 months recently. My broker originally said i'd have the car in 4-5 weeks, possibly 2 weeks, which I knew was bs. If I get the car early November i'd have been waiting 3 months for a completely stock SR+

Reactions: Palros
I got

”Ive had an update from Tesla and your car is on the next shipment due mid November.

I will give you the registration number tomorrow. Exciting!”

not sure if this means I get it mid November or there’s a shipment landing then? I’ve had an SC VIN all week and getting a registration weeks before delivery!? How very unTesla.

I got

”Ive had an update from Tesla and your car is on the next shipment due mid November.

I will give you the registration number tomorrow. Exciting!”

not sure if this means I get it mid November or there’s a shipment landing then? I’ve had an SC VIN all week and getting a registration weeks before delivery!? How very unTesla.
Mine is “supposed” to be early November and they’ve not offered a registration number. I just need a delivery date cause I’ve been hiring cars on a fortnightly basis since end of September and my current one expires 8th of November. So I might have to extend I might not have to but I probably won’t know until 2 days before

Got some clarification now!

"I have just read the email again and it is saying that the shipment is due in the UK next week with collection at designated branches early-mid November.

Tesla will be contacting you with a collection date within the next few days. If the date and time do not suit you have a 7 day window to change this or the car will be re-allocated to someone else. Please let me know when you receive the appointment.

Your registration number is HUNK MAN"

The hype. Still miffed at the service, though. Hopefully worth it.

hmmm

Mine is

"OriginalOrdertype":"THIRD_PARTY_LEASING","CountryCode":"GB","RawResponse":null,"RegDetails":"INCOMPLETE","RegDelivery":"INCOMPLETE","Status":"COMPLETE"

Guessing I might be behind you :)

@WDV - is the "estimatedDeliveryDate" property null or have a date for you? This is null for me too, but may give us an indication..

• Helpful
Reactions: WDV.