Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my LR last week, and loving it. But wanted to give a little overview of my experience ordering through ZenAuto:
  1. August 22nd - Ordered (signed) - was told October delivery.
  2. September 6th - Showed up in my Tesla account (after 14 days cooling off?).
  3. October 14th - Was told there's a delay, expect early November delivery.
  4. October 22nd - SC VIN appeared in my Tesla account.
  5. November 1st - ZenAuto confirmed I've been VIN matched.
  6. November 8th - Delivery date shows in my Tesla account, but no notification received about it.
  7. November 11th - ZenAuto confirm delivery date. Paid initial deposit. Registration provided.
  8. November 20th - Provided proof of insurance.
  9. November 20th - Tesla called me to confirm collection time/date (first time they contacted me).
  10. November 21st - Collected
Towards the end there were a couple of admin errors (not sure if Zen or Tesla), but my final confirmation email (containing my registration) showed a Standard Range instead of Long Range. I went into full panic mode, thinking I'd waiting 3 months for the wrong car. Turns out Tesla send Zen a spreadsheet with customer details on, and the spreadsheet was wrong.

The same happened with the collection date/time. Zen were telling me 22/11 @ 2pm, but my Tesla account was saying 21/11 @ 1pm. I called and Zen confirmed their spreadsheet was wrong (provided by Tesla).

The day of collection was a breeze. Literally provided my name, viewed the presentation (2 of us), checked the car/set it up for ~45 mins, signed two documents (one digital for Tesla, one physical for Zen), and I was off. Couldn't find a single issue with the car.

So it took exactly 3 months from order to delivery. Felt longer, but now it's here it was worth the wait. Better communication would have made it an easier wait, but I guess we're all on Tesla time.

For those still waiting, and seeing others leaping over you with inventory orders, try and wait that little longer ...

This prompted me to check my Tesla account & holy balls... I have a delivery date!

My lease co said mid-Jan. Tesla said Christmas and I’ve been offered 6th December which I can’t make

Will have to delay by a week, which is really painful after all this time, but will actually be better as it will be closer to my charger install.

I assume I can rearrange by calling the main Tesla number? I haven’t been given any contact details to rearrange or confirm.

Picked up my LR last week, and loving it. But wanted to give a little overview of my experience ordering through ZenAuto:
  1. August 22nd - Ordered (signed) - was told October delivery.
  2. September 6th - Showed up in my Tesla account (after 14 days cooling off?).
  3. October 14th - Was told there's a delay, expect early November delivery.
  4. October 22nd - SC VIN appeared in my Tesla account.
  5. November 1st - ZenAuto confirmed I've been VIN matched.
  6. November 8th - Delivery date shows in my Tesla account, but no notification received about it.
  7. November 11th - ZenAuto confirm delivery date. Paid initial deposit. Registration provided.
  8. November 20th - Provided proof of insurance.
  9. November 20th - Tesla called me to confirm collection time/date (first time they contacted me).
  10. November 21st - Collected
Towards the end there were a couple of admin errors (not sure if Zen or Tesla), but my final confirmation email (containing my registration) showed a Standard Range instead of Long Range. I went into full panic mode, thinking I'd waiting 3 months for the wrong car. Turns out Tesla send Zen a spreadsheet with customer details on, and the spreadsheet was wrong.

The same happened with the collection date/time. Zen were telling me 22/11 @ 2pm, but my Tesla account was saying 21/11 @ 1pm. I called and Zen confirmed their spreadsheet was wrong (provided by Tesla).

The day of collection was a breeze. Literally provided my name, viewed the presentation (2 of us), checked the car/set it up for ~45 mins, signed two documents (one digital for Tesla, one physical for Zen), and I was off. Couldn't find a single issue with the car.

So it took exactly 3 months from order to delivery. Felt longer, but now it's here it was worth the wait. Better communication would have made it an easier wait, but I guess we're all on Tesla time.

For those still waiting, and seeing others leaping over you with inventory orders, try and wait that little longer ...

Nice one for providing this,my 3 month from order to delivery is next tuesday, with not a VIN or any update in sight, other than "not matched yet" it seems like this is not going to happen :(

I hope I'm not about to jinx myself here but I can't say enough good things about my experience so far with Wessex Fleet. Really good proactive updates - never had to chase them. I ordered on 17th Oct and just got the following update

"Tesla have advised your order is matched and on vessel Glovis Sirius 022, The vessels will land in the following order, to give you an idea of ETA - Cosmos, Neptune, Sirius, then Dong-A Glauco. They have advised collection slots will be scheduled by 22nd Dec latest. We will be in touch with slots to offer soon. Kind Regards"

Getting closer...

I hope I'm not about to jinx myself here but I can't say enough good things about my experience so far with Wessex Fleet. Really good proactive updates - never had to chase them. I ordered on 17th Oct and just got the following update

"Tesla have advised your order is matched and on vessel Glovis Sirius 022, The vessels will land in the following order, to give you an idea of ETA - Cosmos, Neptune, Sirius, then Dong-A Glauco. They have advised collection slots will be scheduled by 22nd Dec latest. We will be in touch with slots to offer soon. Kind Regards"

Getting closer...
So if your car is on Sirius and another user is on Dong and i dont have a VIN yet, this leads me to believe that i will definitely not get my car this year....

My theory is that they are prioritising orders with the price increase to maximize Q4 profits

So if your car is on Sirius and another user is on Dong and i dont have a VIN yet, this leads me to believe that i will definitely not get my car this year....

My theory is that they are prioritising orders with the price increase to maximize Q4 profits

When and what variant did you order? It certainly looks like they are pushing out the LR and P versions much faster than SR+. Keep the faith and hopefully you'll get some movement soon.

Pretty sure you can do this, would depend on the leasing company I guess.

When the order is confirmed with Tesla, on the order agreement, there's a section that says 'Delivery preference' and underneath 'No earlier than x date'

Since it's a lease you should be able to put the order in and specify a delivery preference, and have the car delivered after that preferred date. Lease payments usually start after you've taken delivery anyway.

When I ordered a few weeks ago lease companies told me they can order up to six months in advance, so you can request a certain date within that. Reading various posts on here whether they actually deliver it when you want it months in advance seems like a long shot, but we'll see. I've requested it on the 1st of March as that's when my current lease is up, and I was told that shouldn't be a problem.

In my conversations with the lease companies, they say they cannot request a specific delivery window from Tesla, you will simply get matched to a car at the earliest opportunity which you can decline. This process then continues until you get matched to a car for delivery at a suitable date.

With this system Tesla and lease companies will not hold a car for a long period for a future delivery date, and it is luck of the draw after your required delivery date when you get matched with what you need and when delivery will actually take place.

I'm preparing myself for possibility of a short term rental in case of problems when I send my current PCP car back to Peugeot at the end of its contract.

Thank you all, JupiterMan is correct - checked with a few brokers today and they are happy to take the order to secure the price, they will set a 'delivery after' date with Tesla but it is just a case of getting matched around the right time.

Now that's cleared up, it's a case of trawling brokers to find the best deal - looking for M3P on business 6+36 and 15k miles per year....

Can't recommenced Alpha Contracts and Justine there any higher for lease orders. Order placed 1st Sept, collection 30th Nov. She has been on top of everything and politely checking in with Tesla every step of the way. I know some people mentioned issues with other lease companies so do give them a shout. I found them through leasing.com

• Helpful
Reactions: EVMeister
Can't recommenced Alpha Contracts and Justine there any higher for lease orders. Order placed 1st Sept, collection 30th Nov. She has been on top of everything and politely checking in with Tesla every step of the way. I know some people mentioned issues with other lease companies so do give them a shout. I found them through leasing.com

Sounds delightfully refreshing !

Anyone ordered from existing inventory and THEN engaged a lease company? LeasePlan are trying to reassure me that they've done that plenty of times before and is no complication. Means I pay the £2k deposit (refunded on delivery) but no other drawbacks that I can see? Also means likely to get the car sooner?

P.S. Sorry admins - I originally posted this in the wrong section

Anyone ordered from existing inventory and THEN engaged a lease company? LeasePlan are trying to reassure me that they've done that plenty of times before and is no complication. Means I pay the £2k deposit (refunded on delivery) but no other drawbacks that I can see? Also means likely to get the car sooner?

I tried to do that but lease company said it wasn’t possible as the deal had been done on the pre price increase figures.

Leaseplan customer here. They said the same to me, although IIRC the £2k was to come back from Tesla post LP taking on the order, rather than post delivery (fuzzy memory that though).

I had them place the order, but with hindsight I'd do the opposite now:

1/ Took a few days (not long mind) to do financing checks as BCH rather than PCH (Business credit checks rather than Personal - I'd assume they take longer). Just process...but those few days obviously may have an effect later;
2/ Person making the order was out on the Friday afternoon it went for purchasing...a few days lost there;
3/ No visibility in Tesla account, when expectations were there would be (if they 'take' the RN (order no.), you might lose that mind);

#3 is my biggest bugbear. I'm expecting it to appear soon as I've been asking for it, but getting me that visibility is taking time. You can't do much by the way of order tracking unless you bother Tesla people on the phone - and I'd rather they be doing more productive stuff. If that's important to you - make sure they'll leave you visibility in your Tesla account post adopting order-finances, and I'd advise you get that in writing.

Downside is that it ties up your £2k for the refund lead-time (as I say, I don't think that's the full delivery cycle you'd wait - but there are refund horror stories to be read here!).

HTHs

Leaseplan customer here. They said the same to me, although IIRC the £2k was to come back from Tesla post LP taking on the order, rather than post delivery (fuzzy memory that though).

I had them place the order, but with hindsight I'd do the opposite now:

1/ Took a few days (not long mind) to do financing checks as BCH rather than PCH (Business credit checks rather than Personal - I'd assume they take longer). Just process...but those few days obviously may have an effect later;
2/ Person making the order was out on the Friday afternoon it went for purchasing...a few days lost there;
3/ No visibility in Tesla account, when expectations were there would be (if they 'take' the RN (order no.), you might lose that mind);

#3 is my biggest bugbear. I'm expecting it to appear soon as I've been asking for it, but getting me that visibility is taking time. You can't do much by the way of order tracking unless you bother Tesla people on the phone - and I'd rather they be doing more productive stuff. If that's important to you - make sure they'll leave you retain visibility in your Tesla account, and get that in writing.

Downside is that it ties up your £2k for the refund lead-time (as I say, I don't think that's the full delivery cycle you'd wait - but there are refund horror stories to be read here!).

HTHs
That really does help...

Do you think if I placed the order instead of them it might avoid some of the problems you mentioned? Not least because I'd already have the VIN of the inventory car and would be on my Tesla account? Or am I being way too optimistic?

Nick

a handful of M3P And LR in stock in Southampton Inventory - I’ve just changed my lease order over to one of these (with Andy Jefferies @ Yorkshire Fleet’s help, the guys a legend!) and should now be collecting next week. Not sure why other leasing companies/brokers wouldn’t do this, it’s clearly possible. Speak to them and grab one if you can

a handful of M3P And LR in stock in Southampton Inventory - I’ve just changed my lease order over to one of these (with Andy Jefferies @ Yorkshire Fleet’s help, the guys a legend!) and should now be collecting next week. Not sure why other leasing companies/brokers wouldn’t do this, it’s clearly possible. Speak to them and grab one if you can
Do you have to collect from Southampton?

Ordered a M3P MSM on 11th Oct through Tusker via Salary Sacrifice scheme. Employer finally signed documents 12th Nov. Nothing showing on my tesla account. Tusker showing delivery date of Late Mar 2020. Called today for an update and to get RN so i could call Tesla direct maybe get my car on my account. Was told im not matched with a car and i can't get a RN until im matched with a car? Was hoping to get mine early with the talk of all these M3P going out :(