Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well I have not recieved anything official from OctopusEV i assume there is a time limit to make the decision stick or switch ?
I had an e-mail first thing this morning, but it didn't confirm any pricing.
Was told to expect that by the end of today. Will let you know when I hear anything from them.
From what I can see, they're hoping to hold pricing for existing P- orders that convert to P+.
As this won't mean a new agreement, then the excess mileage charges etc. should remain at 4.4p and 6.6p.
This does, of course, mean that you can't change the colour to white, as that requires a whole new order and approval process.

I’ve not received anything from Octopus either. I only decided to lease because the whole concept of EVs is new to me so I thought I’d dip my toe in the water with a leased vehicle for a couple of years. If the updated quote for the P is significantly more than the quote I received for the P- then I reckon I’ll probably buy outright.

I’ve not received anything from Octopus either. I only decided to lease because the whole concept of EVs is new to me so I thought I’d dip my toe in the water with a leased vehicle for a couple of years. If the updated quote for the P is significantly more than the quote I received for the P- then I reckon I’ll probably buy outright.

are you not committed to the previous agreement with SG fleet, or you will be allowed to cancel and walk away ?

Shame as they had the best rates - probably why they’ve changed it.
I can do up to 20k miles so i would’ve made use of it - who else is now a close second?
I think going straight to Tesla and getting it via pcp might be close now ?

Just had confirmation from Octopus that they will allow me to change to white P+ with no additional cost or changes to my lease agreement. There doesn't need to be any new credit checks, but I do need to sign a new set of paperwork from SG which reflect the colour change. Excess mileage charges remain at 4.4p and 6.6p.

I have a lease agreement with Pink Vehicle Leasing for a Model 3 Performance for delivery early December. They could do it quicker but I don't need it until then as that is when my current lease car goes back. What a palava though regarding price changes, spec changes etc. Been a nightmare! My initial order was for the performance model in white with white interior. At the time of ordering the white exterior was an payable extra as was the white interior but I was lead to believe from the website that the performance pack was INCLUDED! Imagine my surprise when my order confirmation comes though with NO performance pack. Kicked up a massive stink with Tesla for mis-selling and before you know it they change the whole website and configurator! Now performance model come WITH performance pack and white paint is standard no cost colour! BUT the price changed AND becuase of all the price changing the residuals dropped so the monthly lease price went up a lot! So I had no choice but to stick with my original order or I would have had to pay an extra £100/month for the lease deal.

Just had confirmation from Octopus that they will allow me to change to white P+ with no additional cost or changes to my lease agreement. There doesn't need to be any new credit checks, but I do need to sign a new set of paperwork from SG which reflect the colour change. Excess mileage charges remain at 4.4p and 6.6p.

that's great but why only white gets the 4.4p excess charge. surely they can apply that to other colours too. I am going to speak to the director of OctopusEV but he is on holiday this week as he called me late on Friday evening

that's great but why only white gets the 4.4p excess charge. surely they can apply that to other colours too. I am going to speak to the director of OctopusEV but he is on holiday this week as he called me late on Friday evening
Mine is the simplest case, as the monthly lease rate for the new car in white comes out only 40p a month more expensive than the P-.
Octopus are happy to absorb that cost, which means that nothing but the colour needs to be changed in the agreement.
For other combinations of colour and spec., the price might well change, resulting in the need for new paperwork and credit check.
Personally, I think all existing customers with signed agreements at 4.4p but no car, should be allowed to change and keep the old excess mileage rate.

Reactions: zayn
I have a lease agreement with Pink Vehicle Leasing for a Model 3 Performance for delivery early December. They could do it quicker but I don't need it until then as that is when my current lease car goes back. What a palava though regarding price changes, spec changes etc. Been a nightmare! My initial order was for the performance model in white with white interior. At the time of ordering the white exterior was an payable extra as was the white interior but I was lead to believe from the website that the performance pack was INCLUDED! Imagine my surprise when my order confirmation comes though with NO performance pack. Kicked up a massive stink with Tesla for mis-selling and before you know it they change the whole website and configurator! Now performance model come WITH performance pack and white paint is standard no cost colour! BUT the price changed AND becuase of all the price changing the residuals dropped so the monthly lease price went up a lot! So I had no choice but to stick with my original order or I would have had to pay an extra £100/month for the lease deal.

I'm in a similar situation to you, ordered with Pink, a P+ in blue so no change to colour price at least. Was told GFV had dropped by £5000 so if i change to new pricing it would be more expensive per month.

I am in the same boat (Sept delivery hopefully) but I am happy with my P-. I actually prefer the 'stealth' of it and I'm not a fan of the reduced height suspension in the P+ as there are quite a few speed bumps in my area I would have to be careful of. Not fussed about the wheels/brakes/sport mode either. Like you say, the reduced residual value now means an extra £100-£140 per month so I'll stick with what I have thanks.

Just modified my order with Tesla, and a few minutes after I hung up, I got the delivery e-mail for my P-. You just couldn't make it up.
Someone with a black P- order and no VIN is going to be very happy, as it will be ready for delivery from 17th-24th August at West Drayton.
Still, it will be worth the extra wait to get the car I actually wanted, but couldn't afford. Bonus is that it will be on the new plate too.
Top marks to Octopus. It might have taken them a few days, but it's a great result.

Just modified my order with Tesla, and a few minutes after I hung up, I got the delivery e-mail for my P-. You just couldn't make it up.
Someone with a black P- order and no VIN is going to be very happy, as it will be ready for delivery from 17th-24th August at West Drayton.
Still, it will be worth the extra wait to get the car I actually wanted, but couldn't afford. Bonus is that it will be on the new plate too.
Top marks to Octopus. It might have taken them a few days, but it's a great result.

did you call tesla and get a new order number ?