Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I already had an order with Tesla so I gave them my RN, so can’t help with that sorry. Lease companies have a cooling off period so you may not get any paperwork for a while
Ah I see, thanks. Doesn't seem like Frontier wait for the cooling off period, I signed an order form paid £500 holding deposit, and the order was placed with Tesla the next day. Not sure if that is unique for these lease companies or not! I did cancel my order with Octopus, due to them saying it would be a 2 week wait for finance.

Ah I see, thanks. Doesn't seem like Frontier wait for the cooling off period, I signed an order form paid £500 holding deposit, and the order was placed with Tesla the next day. Not sure if that is unique for these lease companies or not! I did cancel my order with Octopus, due to them saying it would be a 2 week wait for finance.

How does it work when you place a order with Tesla? If your leasing deposit is £3,000 and you've paid £2,000 to Tesla do you just pay the leasing company the remainder of £1,000?

You pay the full deposit amount to your lease company. Tesla will refund your deposit after you pick the car up. :)
That potentially means you skip the 2weeks cooling off period some companies have?
I've been looking at EVEzy but I do 20k miles or so a year so I think i'll finally pull the trigger and lease it

How quick is the refund usually, 3-5 working days or Tesla speed?
Tesla car speed or Tesla company speed lol

I placed an order with Zen.Auto on Monday for an SR+

£4000 deposit
12000 miles pa
£402 month
24 months

I also sent them a referral code which they said they would send to the delivery team so hopefully that gets applied!

I have also gone with Zen so it would be great to hear how you get on. I ordered on 26 July SR+ on a 3 year lease. I also gave them a referral code which they said they would use when ordering.

I orignally had an order with a different lease company but changed to Zen when Tesla announced the new prices in July. With my first order I had a car attached to my tesla account so I could see RN, source code and order details. That car has since been removed.

Despite the order process being pretty slick with Zen, I have nothing linked to my existing Tesla account so I have no idea of RN.

Do you have anything showing in your Tesla account?

Sweet Baby J....

Decided to go with lease instead of buy, placed order end of last week with Frontier. E-mailed Tesla to say please cancel my original order and I'll go with leasing and a brand new separate order through FVL/Leaseplan. Thought it cleaner to keep them separate. Just out of curiosity I have a wee nosey at my Tesla account and a final invoice with VIN and delivery on 13th Sept (a Friday) for the original order. Not heard a peep from Tesla, hopefully this state of chaos will calm down soon. Hope they call me soon so the car can be re-allocated to someone. No point me mailing them again as it just seems to go into a black hole.

Sweet Baby J....

Decided to go with lease instead of buy, placed order end of last week with Frontier. E-mailed Tesla to say please cancel my original order and I'll go with leasing and a brand new separate order through FVL/Leaseplan. Thought it cleaner to keep them separate. Just out of curiosity I have a wee nosey at my Tesla account and a final invoice with VIN and delivery on 13th Sept (a Friday) for the original order. Not heard a peep from Tesla, hopefully this state of chaos will calm down soon. Hope they call me soon so the car can be re-allocated to someone. No point me mailing them again as it just seems to go into a black hole.

Can't you transfer the RN to Frontier? They did that with mine! Or did you order a different spec?

Sweet Baby J....

I can better that. Ocopus called a couple of weeks ago offering to upgrade me from black P- to white P+ for free. I agreed but still waiting for the order to change on my Tesla account. I not have a delivery date on the account for this Thursday for the original P- !!!!

Think I'll just go with it to be honest!

I have also gone with Zen so it would be great to hear how you get on. I ordered on 26 July SR+ on a 3 year lease. I also gave them a referral code which they said they would use when ordering.

I orignally had an order with a different lease company but changed to Zen when Tesla announced the new prices in July. With my first order I had a car attached to my tesla account so I could see RN, source code and order details. That car has since been removed.

Despite the order process being pretty slick with Zen, I have nothing linked to my existing Tesla account so I have no idea of RN.

Do you have anything showing in your Tesla account?

I actually didn't have a reservation and just placed an order straight through Zen last week without doing anything via Tesla. So I am not sure exactly how that works, when it will show on my Tesla account (which is currently blank) or if it will at all until delivery.

Would be good to hear when you get updates from them on your order however!

I'm in a similar position. I've ordered through Octopus, sent my contract in a week ago and haven't done anything via Tesla. Today I received an email from Octopus saying:
Scheduling collection: If Tesla has already been in touch with you directly to organise collection, please let us know when you’re planning on collecting your car. We will need to authorise release for you otherwise you won’t be able to collect on the day.
If you haven’t heard from Tesla yet, no worries, just please let us have your collection date when you do.

This makes it sound as if collection is almost imminent, but there's nothing in my Tesla account and I suspect it might actually still be several weeks away. I hate the uncertainty!

I actually didn't have a reservation and just placed an order straight through Zen last week without doing anything via Tesla. So I am not sure exactly how that works, when it will show on my Tesla account (which is currently blank) or if it will at all until delivery.

Would be good to hear when you get updates from them on your order however!

I spoke with Zen today after I posted this.

Turns out my car wasn’t actually ordered until 9th Aug. This was exactly 2 weeks after I completed the application on their website which suggests they waited for the cooling off period to complete before the order was made. I questioned this and they kind of said it was a combination of that and also the Tesla price changes causing issues with their ordering process.

Zen were extremely helpful though and the person I spoke to said that she had already been in contact with Tesla about my order and would copy me in on an email to them requesting my RN.

I spoke with Zen today after I posted this.

Turns out my car wasn’t actually ordered until 9th Aug. This was exactly 2 weeks after I completed the application on their website which suggests they waited for the cooling off period to complete before the order was made. I questioned this and they kind of said it was a combination of that and also the Tesla price changes causing issues with their ordering process.

Zen were extremely helpful though and the person I spoke to said that she had already been in contact with Tesla about my order and would copy me in on an email to them requesting my RN.

I just received an email from Zen saying my order is placed with Tesla, looking at the date on the email attached from Tesla they placed the order with Tesla on 07/08. I placed my order with Zen on 05/08 so it doesn't look like they waited for the cooling off period.

I also got an RN number and the car shows in my Tesla account too, she also sent through the Referral code too.