Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My lease is with Lex Autolease. Anyone been with them before

They have some woeful reviews on trust pilot.. Thinking twice about them
I'm the same as @EVMeister , my current lease is funded by Lex Autolease.

The communication I've had with them has been faultless over the term, but only this year I looked at TrustPilot and was worried by the reviews (mainly to do with handing the car back, false damage, high fines).

Essentially, make sure you photograph/video the entire car before handing it back. Correct any faults (dents/chips), and cancel your Direct Debit after the final payment (so they don't automatically take £££'s in fines). They will then need to write to you, and you can dispute it and pay fines, rather than trying to chase £££'s they've taken automatically.

I hand mind back in two months, so we'll see how it goes...

• Helpful
Reactions: EVMeister
I'm the same as @EVMeister , my current lease is funded by Lex Autolease.

The communication I've had with them has been faultless over the term, but only this year I looked at TrustPilot and was worried by the reviews (mainly to do with handing the car back, false damage, high fines).

Essentially, make sure you photograph/video the entire car before handing it back. Correct any faults (dents/chips), and cancel your Direct Debit after the final payment (so they don't automatically take £££'s in fines). They will then need to write to you, and you can dispute it and pay fines, rather than trying to chase £££'s they've taken automatically.

I hand mind back in two months, so we'll see how it goes...

Please keep if posted Lol

Interestingly, after octopus offered to upgrade me from the p- to p+ I received a vin for the p- before the change was made and a delivery range email from Tesla. Yesterday the amendment was made from the Tesla side and in the space of 24h I now have a hidden VIN.

Does this mean my delivery window still applies or could it be even sooner?

Well that was a quick turn around...got an email and text for delivery next Thursday at Dartford. So if all goes well just over a month from order to delivery with no reservation needed.

Reactions: anon37485
I have a question regarding leasing the M3.

I have submitted an order - broker was 1st Choice Vehcicle Finance and the lender is Lex Autolease.

So far everything has been great - 1st Choice were super efficient and easy to deal with.

I signed and submitted the paperwork on the 8th August, and got the order confirmation and account logins from Tesla on the 9th August.

But when I login I have no estimated delivery dates, no VIN etc. How long does it usually take to get an estimated delivery date, VIN, appointment etc?

I only have three 'next steps' in the order tree thing: Order (ticked), Prepare for Delivery, and Delivery.

I'm sure this has been asked loads, but keen to understand roughly how long delivery takes.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    230 KB · Views: 52
I have a question regarding leasing the M3.

I have submitted an order - broker was 1st Choice Vehcicle Finance and the lender is Lex Autolease.

So far everything has been great - 1st Choice were super efficient and easy to deal with.

I signed and submitted the paperwork on the 8th August, and got the order confirmation and account logins from Tesla on the 9th August.

But when I login I have no estimated delivery dates, no VIN etc. How long does it usually take to get an estimated delivery date, VIN, appointment etc?

I only have three 'next steps' in the order tree thing: Order (ticked), Prepare for Delivery, and Delivery.

I'm sure this has been asked loads, but keen to understand roughly how long delivery takes.

Ordered through same people as you a day later

I've got nothing in my account at all. Lucky you

You are a few weeks away from having a VIN at best in my opinion. End of September delivery at best for delivery (more likely October).
Great thanks for the info - was worried a VIN should appear immediately.

Ordered through same people as you a day later

I've got nothing in my account at all. Lucky you
Is all your paperwork submitted? And did you sign/return the master contract for Lex Autolease? I did all of that immediately.

Yes
Congrats! Did they add the referral code after placing the order? Basically what I've asked Frontier to do, but didn't hear back yet.
Yes she said they can do it. They’ve been really good every time i spoke to them - being self employee and a student they have called and requested some documents to confirm underwriting but it’s all gone quick.

That was fast, and again highlights the fun with Tesla randomness. Frontier placed my order 3 or 4 days before you - and have had no Tesla email... yet :)
Have you signed off all the Leaseplan docs on their website? Going by the Tesla website it looks like Leaseplan raised the PO to Tesla on 14th and e-mail received the same day from Tesla. If delivery happens sometime late Sept or early Oct I'll be happy.

Have you signed off all the Leaseplan docs on their website? Going by the Tesla website it looks like Leaseplan raised the PO to Tesla on 14th and e-mail received the same day from Tesla. If delivery happens sometime late Sept or early Oct I'll be happy.
Hmm, thanks for the info. I signed the leaseplan doc on the 6th, and was told the order had been placed the 7th. They are looking into it for me, just to be sure everyone is OK and it's the Tesla charm and not something else. Agreed on late sept or oct, would be great - they did say Tesla have told them plenty of cars will arrive in Sept - but who knows how all these numbers with back orders will balance out.

Reactions: ProfessorK
Hmm, thanks for the info. I signed the leaseplan doc on the 6th, and was told the order had been placed the 7th. They are looking into it for me, just to be sure everyone is OK and it's the Tesla charm and not something else. Agreed on late sept or oct, would be great - they did say Tesla have told them plenty of cars will arrive in Sept - but who knows how all these numbers with back orders will balance out.

I gave Frontier my RN over the phone and filled in my LeasePlan paper work last Friday. Was told there'd be no action taken for 14 days, but I guess as I ordered my M3 SR+ on 27th of July (originally went for PCP), I'm still in the system. Still, I'm like an impatient child waiting for his toys haha.