Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They were quite clear with me that as it is a new agreement the 12 day rule applies and that if my car arrived in that period I would not be able to pick it up. Has your order change appeared in your Tesla account yet? Still waiting for mine to show up. Not sure what I will do if I get a call to say my old order is ready for collection

I registered with email and password on the Tesla app, but it just says "Sign-in failed. There are no products linked to your Tesla account". Is this normal if a car has not been ordered? I presume it means that my original car wasn't ordered(I put the order in just 24 hours before the price change), and that my revised order has not yet been made. Frustrating!

I registered with email and password on the Tesla app, but it just says "Sign-in failed. There are no products linked to your Tesla account". Is this normal if a car has not been ordered? I presume it means that my original car wasn't ordered(I put the order in just 24 hours before the price change), and that my revised order has not yet been made. Frustrating!

It is more likely that the lease company have not linked the order to your account. I already had an order in when I took up the lease but they missed this fact and a second car appeared on my account without me doing anything (since removed obviously) so I assume the lease company/Tesla can link the order using your email address.

They wont give me the RN number so the order isnt linked to my Tesla account so I wont be getting a text from Tesla which is quite annoying.

Ill give them a chase today then and see if they have heard anything about mine. Be fine if they say mine is ready for tomorrow because i already have the day off :) the weather is looking bad for tomorrow so i wont be able to do what i wanted to anyway.

Good luck with your collection tomorrow, what did you go for?

Not having your RN number is extremely annoying. Not sure why DE can’t sort it out. I think calling Tesla at the moment would be a nightmare, much easier to speak to someone at DE. Have you tried Henry, he’s been good at answering all my questions recently.

Yes a shame the weather is pants, but oh well. I went for sr+, areo wheels, standard AP, black to keep the cost to the minimum. Well it was when I ordered!

Thanks I hope it all goes smoothly tomorrow

Nice one. What was the final deal?

3 year contract, £3143 up front and £450 a month for 12000 miles per annum, with the option to change the mileage after 6 months and to have the option to buy in the last month (never heard of leasing companies doing that before).

Also worth noting that lease agreements have cool offs i.e. once you sign the agreement they wait 14 days to see if you cancel. Makes sense, but I didn’t get told that during the sales pitch ;)

I already ordered via Tesla in July so I have an RN already.

• Helpful
Reactions: anon37485
What's the excess mileage charges on some of these deals? I'll do about 20k a year and the reason I've gone with Octopus is their low excess mileage rates.. so I'll go with 5k miles per year
It depends on lease company, some are very reasonable rate such as Octopus but they have increased there's now. Was 4p/m for the first 10k then 6p after. I have seen rates of 30p + /mile so could hit you hard if not careful. Best to work out your 20k/year cost including excess if you are planning on going with 5k miles. DaveW has compiled a sheet that works out different mileage etc.

3 year contract, £3143 up front and £450 a month for 12000 miles per annum, with the option to change the mileage after 6 months and to have the option to buy in the last month (never heard of leasing companies doing that before).

Also worth noting that lease agreements have cool offs i.e. once you sign the agreement they wait 14 days to see if you cancel. Makes sense, but I didn’t get told that during the sales pitch ;)

I already ordered via Tesla in July so I have an RN already.
Awesome, is that for a LR or SR?

I’m so close to pulling the trigger, now comparing multiple leases and the SR/LR/P for the best deal.

As for buying the car at the end, they all do it, but legally they can’t sell to you directly due to tax/VAT reasons (they can’t sell to you or a wife/child of yours). I contemplated buying my current car this way, but would add 2 extra owners to the car (lease company + parent in-law + me).

What seems to be the cheapest option at the moment? As far as I can see zen.auto is the cheapest still.... My car is on autotrader at the moment but I'm not quite sure if I should wait for the delivery times to become shorter i.e. ~3weeks before ordering . I don't want to be left without a car, but I don't fancy having 2 cars at once either...

Awesome, is that for a LR or SR?

I’m so close to pulling the trigger, now comparing multiple leases and the SR/LR/P for the best deal.

As for buying the car at the end, they all do it, but legally they can’t sell to you directly due to tax/VAT reasons (they can’t sell to you or a wife/child of yours). I contemplated buying my current car this way, but would add 2 extra owners to the car (lease company + parent in-law + me).

SR+

I'm not really sure if I'd want to buy the M3 in 3 years - maybe the Y or another EV will come around by then to swot the M3 from my top spot...

What seems to be the cheapest option at the moment? As far as I can see zen.auto is the cheapest still.... My car is on autotrader at the moment but I'm not quite sure if I should wait for the delivery times to become shorter i.e. ~3weeks before ordering . I don't want to be left without a car, but I don't fancy having 2 cars at once either...

Zen.Auto was £441 pcm for 12k miles a year, which is cheaper than FVL, but the lump sum and the admin charge was more. In the end there wasn't much difference. I went for the family owned FVL over Zen.Auto.

I have the due date of September/October from FVL now, officially. I still have my 68 plate Zoe Q90 to sell in the meantime.

In my experience each lease company is different in terms of which are cheapest according to different circumstances - car type (SR+, LR, P), term, mileage, etc. Don't think you can say one is automatically better than another.

Zen.Auto were reasonably competitive for me, but not the cheapest by some margin. Octopus were best on excess mileage charges, but they're a lot worse (more than twice) what that were before.

Reactions: ProfessorK
In my experience each lease company is different in terms of which are cheapest according to different circumstances - car type (SR+, LR, P), term, mileage, etc. Don't think you can say one is automatically better than another.

Zen.Auto were reasonably competitive for me, but not the cheapest by some margin. Octopus were best on excess mileage charges, but they're a lot worse (more than twice) what that were before.

Yup, my excess mileage is hefty (between 18ppm and 25ppm depending on the % you go over) so I've gone for 12k mi per annum even though I will likely do less than 10k.

Does anyone know if Octopus order your car when they receive the signed contract, or do they wait until the 12 day cooling off period has ended first? If they do wait my car won't even be ordered until a week on Monday.

Has anyone leasing through Octopus received their car yet, and if so when did you send in your contract?

Zen.Auto was £441 pcm for 12k miles a year, which is cheaper than FVL, but the lump sum and the admin charge was more. In the end there wasn't much difference. I went for the family owned FVL over Zen.Auto.

I have the due date of September/October from FVL now, officially. I still have my 68 plate Zoe Q90 to sell in the meantime.
Congrats on the order! Went with them this week also, best price I could find for a LR. Did they use a referral code for you? They didn't know what it was when I asked, hoping they can still add it to my order.

Did you receive an email from Tesla just yet? I'm still waiting but order was only placed a few days ago, and they are obviously quite busy currently judging by response times for everyone here...

Congrats on the order! Went with them this week also, best price I could find for a LR. Did they use a referral code for you? They didn't know what it was when I asked, hoping they can still add it to my order.

Did you receive an email from Tesla just yet? I'm still waiting but order was only placed a few days ago, and they are obviously quite busy currently judging by response times for everyone here...

I already had an order with Tesla so I gave them my RN, so can’t help with that sorry. Lease companies have a cooling off period so you may not get any paperwork for a while