Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are leasing is it the lease company or Tesla who give you the delivery date? I had an email from Octopus a week ago saying “If Tesla has already been in touch with you directly to organise collection, please let us know when you’re planning on collecting your car. We will need to authorise release for you otherwise you won’t be able to collect on the day. If you haven’t heard from Tesla yet, no worries, just please let us have your collection date when you do.”

I ordered on 16th July and have a VIN, but apart from the email last Tuesday I haven’t heard a thing. I don’t even know which SC my car will go to - Stockport is my nearest.

From what others have posted, if you have the order in your Tesla account then Tesla will contact you directly but some people have been given very short notice for their collection. You could phone Tesla deliveries and check on the SC location their number is 01628 450604 you will probably need your RN number.

• Informative
Reactions: Mcraciun
From what others have posted, if you have the order in your Tesla account then Tesla will contact you directly but some people have been given very short notice for their collection. You could phone Tesla deliveries and check on the SC location their number is 01628 450604 you will probably need your RN number.

Thanks. I guess I’ll have to wait till I’ve got a couple of hours to spare and give them a ring :)

My car just today entered this stage:

"We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment."

So moving forward. No VIN yet, but VIN source code is now appearing when I view page source.

Fingers crossed for a September delivery!

Reactions: Smiddy
Many of us have been at this stage since early May. But the vin source thing looks promising assuming that you are looking in the correct file. There are a few vins in source in various files, such as US inventory cars. Its the product-finalize source file not one of the many others - some have done a search all files and found other irrelevant vins.

For leasing people, when is the “initial rental” due? Before you physically collect the car? Because it communications is slow or missing altogether then I can imagine it being a nightmare! They’ll message you one day to pay and collect tomorrow

Edit; my account also been updated today to product finalise but I’m on mobile so can’t check source

Last edited:
For leasing people, when is the “initial rental” due? Before you physically collect the car? Because it communications is slow or missing altogether then I can imagine it being a nightmare! They’ll message you one day to pay and collect tomorrow
Depends who you are with

Some want it before, some on the day and the rest by so many days after collection.

Best to ask your lease company and you could also tell them what suits you best and agree.

Mine (OctopusEV) wanted it straight away (or as soon as) but someone else with same lease company as me agreed to pay on the pickup day.

I have asked DE for confirmation of this but i have a pro forma invoice for the initial payment which says 'Payment will be taken by Direct Debit within 7 days of the delivery date of the vehicle.'

I checked with zen auto so it’s “around the time the vehicle is due to be collected a couple of day before “. The worry isn’t the initial payment it’s the “they’ll give me 2 days notice to collect and I’ll have to reschedule something or miss it” lol. Mind you, I guess it’ll be several weeks wait anyway

Thinking about leasing rather than using savings plus a loan. What is anybodies experience of Drive Electric? They have given me the best quote so far.
I went through 1st Choice Vehicle Finanace - they have been great so far. Really efficient and my order with Tesla was confirmed the day after I signed the order forms. The lender is Lex Autolease, 1st Choice are the broker.

Thinking about leasing rather than using savings plus a loan. What is anybodies experience of Drive Electric? They have given me the best quote so far.

Drive Electric seemed really helpful when I was dealing with them before (was dealing with Lottie).

Spoke with Cyril again today from Octopus, they seem to have new rates again since last week, so might be worth re-checking?

Nice people, the experience overall hasnt been too bad. Communication isnt always great, it can take a bit of chasing sometimes but then i bet they have loads of impatient customers (like me) chasing for answers :)

There was a slight mess up with my order and it was lucky i was chasing them for my RN number otherwise it might have gone unnoticed that i didnt actually have a car on order. Apparently my order went in at the same time as someone else's for their last car and they wernt sure who got it but to be fair they did sort it within 24 hours.

It might be different now though, I think I was getting one of their allocated cars from the deals that leaseplan were running at the time, just be aware they probably wont give you an RN number or link the order to your Tesla account but it sounds like it depends who sorts the order for you because some that have gone through DE have got their orders linked.

Thanks for the responses. I have a RN number as I ordered a month ago with the intention of purchasing the car but have since thought about leasing. Octopus gave me an initial quote slightly more than the competition and said they would try to beat the others but have not yet got back to me. The all seem to be with a few pounds per month of each other so for me its selecting the best company. The other two I had quotes from are FleetSauce and V4B.

Thanks for the responses. I have a RN number as I ordered a month ago with the intention of purchasing the car but have since thought about leasing. Octopus gave me an initial quote slightly more than the competition and said they would try to beat the others but have not yet got back to me. The all seem to be with a few pounds per month of each other so for me its selecting the best company. The other two I had quotes from are FleetSauce and V4B.
Try Personal Car Leasing and Contract Hire at ZenAuto

Im not with them but some others have had good quotes off these guys

I had a chat with my colleague today whose referral code I used when I placed my order with Zen.Auto, he checked his app and saw that I was listed as a referral for him so I guess that confirms Zen.Auto can use a referral code when you place an order through them directly.
Yep I called them after placing the order to add the referral code and @DaveW was able to see it on his account same day

Reactions: DaveW
Has anyone ever got a car on lease in this way (ie picked up from dealer rather than delivered)?

The reason I ask is, with a typical lease, it’s delivered to you and you make any ‘issues’ known to the delivery driver who works for the lease company. So when you return it in X years you’re not liable for those damages.

I’m guessing it works in the same way here, except there’s no lease representative to relay them to (so you go direct to them)?