Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered through the same lease company (Wessex/LeasePlan). SR+, white/black, on 23rd Sept. Original expected delivery was 7th Nov but wasn't allocated on recent shipments this week. Now showing expected date as 29th Nov. Just beat the price increase, so I think it was already ‘pre-ordered’ by them, but no sight of my model 3 yet. So frustrating as I won’t have a car from next week. Anyone got any recommendations for short-term rentals?
Drmarkreid - you may want to check with Tesla where your pick up location is - they had me down for Heathrow due to company being based in Slough, so might be worth checking?

I ordered through the same lease company (Wessex/LeasePlan). SR+, white/black, on 23rd Sept. Original expected delivery was 7th Nov but wasn't allocated on recent shipments this week. Now showing expected date as 29th Nov. Just beat the price increase, so I think it was already ‘pre-ordered’ by them, but no sight of my model 3 yet. So frustrating as I won’t have a car from next week. Anyone got any recommendations for short-term rentals?
Drmarkreid - you may want to check with Tesla where your pick up location is - they had me down for Heathrow due to company being based in Slough, so might be worth checking?
Thanks will do.

Do Wessex not do short term rentals also?

I've posted about this previously but with lease cars you can often do what's called an 'Informal extension' to your lease. So for your current car, ring up your current lease company and see if they can offer this. Basically means you can extend the lease for up to 3 months without signing a new agreement.

VW offered me this, so I have extended my lease by 2 months and it only took me 2 mins on the phone. Nothing needed to be signed etc, my monthly payments remain the same and if I return it early (which I will now that my M3 is arriving 7th Nov), they pay back the days I didn't use. I had to get the car MOT'd but a small price to pay to keep the car for an extra 2 months.

I almost got an expensive rental car - £400 per month - but then realised this option was available and so happy I did!

Ordered 9 Sept directly with Leaseplan.
Have the following in my source
ease","OriginalOrdertype":"THIRD_PARTY_LEASING","CountryCode":"GB","RawResponse":null,"RegDetails":"COMPLETE","RegDelivery":"COMPLETE","Status":"COMPLETE"
Registration Number is not in source though.

I also have this, order confirmed 3rd september
"OrderType":"THIRD_PARTY_LEASING","FinancialProductType":null,"TaxExemptionSelection":"NOT Tax Exemption Eligible","LienType":"Lease","OriginalOrdertype":"THIRD_PARTY_LEASING","CountryCode":"GB","RawResponse":null,"RegDetails":"COMPLETE","RegDelivery":"COMPLETE","Status":"COMPLETE"

Does this mean anything? no contact from tesla or the lease company and no SC VIN or REG

Started a separate thread for salary sacrifice, but thought id post the same comment here as may be relevant:

I know octopus offer it. Does anyone else in the UK for comparison?

Will be getting quotes for early next year when the BIK tax drops to 0%.

Quote i had from Octopus for 15k 24mth, SR+:

£0 deposit
£688pm from Gross Salary
Saving £289pm in tax and Nat Ins. = £399pm effectively from Net salary.

Started a separate thread for salary sacrifice, but thought id post the same comment here as may be relevant:

I know octopus offer it. Does anyone else in the UK for comparison?

Will be getting quotes for early next year when the BIK tax drops to 0%.

Quote i had from Octopus for 15k 24mth, SR+:

£0 deposit
£688pm from Gross Salary
Saving £289pm in tax and Nat Ins. = £399pm effectively from Net salary.

That is a very good deal

Called Zen.Auto in order to pay the initial rental.
She has now sent me an email with my reg number and confirmation of appointment
Do you mind me asking when your pickup is? I tried to get my reg from Tesla but they said they wouldn't give it me until 24-48hrs before pickup. I'm a couple of weeks away from pickup but if I can get it from Zen now then I can sort insurance out without risk of the insurer increasing the premium at the last minute.

Do you mind me asking when your pickup is? I tried to get my reg from Tesla but they said they wouldn't give it me until 24-48hrs before pickup. I'm a couple of weeks away from pickup but if I can get it from Zen now then I can sort insurance out without risk of the insurer increasing the premium at the last minute.
7th of november from heathrow. I called tesla this morning for the same thing but they said they only give it 24hrs before. zenauto gave it without me having to ask them

7th of november from heathrow. I called tesla this morning for the same thing but they said they only give it 24hrs before. zenauto gave it without me having to ask them
Must depend on lease provider. I phone tesla last week - they sent me email with Registration Number - i ordered through leaseplan. However, Leaseplan didnt give them my mobile number when they ordered the car - and are unable to add it from me! Go figure!

Insurances quotes are usually valid for 30 days and won’t change within that time.

Thanks for leting me know

Insurances quotes are usually valid for 30 days and won’t change within that time.
I appreciate that and I do have a quote lined up but I also have first hand experience of companies being mysteriously unable to find that quote on their system or match the premium/'computer says no', etc. when I have tried to finalise insurance in a similar situation a few years back.

The cynic in me would rather sort it now even if the chances of a problem are slim-to-none. This is especially important since the second best alternative insurer is quoting twice as much so I have no fallback.

Following on from my text from Tesla last week I've now had an email from Octopus with the Registration number, I've looked on the government registration checker website for tax and insurance but it's not finding anything. Should I wait a few days before doing the insurance, there's still 2 weeks before my collection date. The insurance has already gone up £70 on the cheapest quote since I first started looking.