Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if it’s the same for every type of lease deal, but I was wondering for those people such as me ( getting car through company car scheme using Zenith) at what point in the order/delivery process does the Tesla account page actually show that you have a car?

is it on day of collection?

I got my car (through Lex) yesterday and there is still no car in my account.

Would be interested to hear from others that have got their car through a leasing company (esp. Lex) and successfully got their car on the account page what needed to be done to make it happen.

I am assuming Lex need to contact Tesla or maybe we do? Or maybe it happens automatically a day later...

I got my car (through Lex) yesterday and there is still no car in my account.

Would be interested to hear from others that have got their car through a leasing company (esp. Lex) and successfully got their car on the account page what needed to be done to make it happen.

I am assuming Lex need to contact Tesla or maybe we do? Or maybe it happens automatically a day later...

From the threads I have read sometimes the e-mail address on the account the cars assigned to it the lease companies (think its just lazy people not entering the customers e-mail at time of order) but they have had to contact either Tesla or Leasing company.

From the threads I have read sometimes the e-mail address on the account the cars assigned to it the lease companies (think its just lazy people not entering the customers e-mail at time of order) but they have had to contact either Tesla or Leasing company.

Thanks, contacted Drive Electric who arranged the PCH with Lex and they seem to think it is caused by Tesla, not Lex and they will contact them. Let's see if that works, will be patient until Monday to see if it gets fixed and contact them again if it does not.

Thanks, contacted Drive Electric who arranged the PCH with Lex and they seem to think it is caused by Tesla, not Lex and they will contact them. Let's see if that works, will be patient until Monday to see if it gets fixed and contact them again if it does not.

I’m the same with no car in account and nothing linked in app. Collected 12th March 4pm from Heathrow. It’s been over 24 hours now so I would’ve expected something to happen by now. I don’t see any reason why the supercharging can’t happen; in the presentation they suggested it would be billed later if the payment info wasn’t set up yet (rather than billed to the leasing company).

I’ve been going through this at the moment. I put a deposit down on an inventory vehicle and it’s been very much up and down trying to secure a business lease on it since!!

I know for definite that the vehicle is no longer showing on my account - which apparently is all part of the leasing company securing the vehicle. I had an RN# and VIN, now it all seems so far away!

Great info in the thread though, as I’ll be pushing lease company on swapping/checking account details so I can use SC network and enjoy those referral miles.

Thanks

I’ve been going through this at the moment. I put a deposit down on an inventory vehicle and it’s been very much up and down trying to secure a business lease on it since!!

I know for definite that the vehicle is no longer showing on my account - which apparently is all part of the leasing company securing the vehicle. I had an RN# and VIN, now it all seems so far away!

Great info in the thread though, as I’ll be pushing lease company on swapping/checking account details so I can use SC network and enjoy those referral miles.

Thanks
Your RN will change but VIN stay the same when they moved your order to that of the Lease Company. The car in your Tesla account will disappear and show “cancellation request accepted”, this is because it’s transferred to the Lease Company. If you had a delivery date then again this will have disappeared in your account but should now appear in the Lease company’s order. If you order with a Supercharger referral code then this should also be transferred over to the lease companies new order. You can check this by asking the person you received the referral code from to check their account, all being well it will show your cancelled order and the lease companies order. It will also show the dates the referral miles were applied.

Your RN will change but VIN stay the same when they moved your order to that of the Lease Company. The car in your Tesla account will disappear and show “cancellation request accepted”, this is because it’s transferred to the Lease Company. If you had a delivery date then again this will have disappeared in your account but should now appear in the Lease company’s order. If you order with a Supercharger referral code then this should also be transferred over to the lease companies new order. You can check this by asking the person you received the referral code from to check their account, all being well it will show your cancelled order and the lease companies order. It will also show the dates the referral miles were applied.

So whose responsibility is it to to put the car back on the account so that it can be used within the APP? Tesla or the Leasing company. Thats if the leasing company didn't set your e-mail originally which seems to be whats happening to a lot of people.

Getting your hands on a Tesla via a lease is the preferred method for many.
It is clear however that not all leasing companies are the same, offering different rates and different levels of customer service. Most people will go direct to the brokers or leasing companies however unlike other marques there are not hundreds of new Teslas sitting unsold on airfields dotted around the country and so leasing a Tesla is different.
If you are considering a lease here are my top tips:
1. Place your order on the Tesla website yourself. OK so it will cost you £100 upfront (Tesla will refund this to you after delivery) but you know your car, and its exact spec, has been ordered. You will have visibility of the order process and see when a VIN is allocated. Be sure to order via referral link to get 1000 miles free supercharging.
2. Shop around for your leasing deal. There is no rush and the prices vary enormously from broker to broker. There are some comparison sites that compare leasing deals but they do not compare all the companies out there. There are big savings to be had.
3. Check the excess mileage figures. Use a spreadsheet or get your calculator out to ensure you are getting the best deal. It may be cheaper to buy a 8,000 miles pa deal and pay the excess for 2000 miles than agree a 10,000 miles pa deal. You may find that the excess on some deals are draconian, so choose carefully. Be realistic in your mileage requirements. Leasing companies use headline offers of 5000 mile pa to attract you but I can assure that 5000 miles will be too low a figure for 90% of buyers. This is a car that you will love to drive and you will end up with a very large excess mileage bill.
4. Maintenance option. Look carefully at this because the maintenance requirements of a Tesla are nowhere near the same as an ICE vehicle. It would need to be a really cheap option to be worthwhile although it's worth remembering that the tyres are not cheap.
5. Once you have found your deal, call the broker and give them the RN (Reservation Number). They will pass it on to the leasing company who will liaise with Tesla. Tesla will adjust your account to reflect the new billing arrangements but you will still retain visibility of the order process.
6. Delivery. Since you opened the account, you can be sure that your account information will be correct and your app will spark into life at the delivery centre.
7. Get your £100 back from Tesla. Tesla will probably wait until the leasing company have paid their invoice before refunding you.
8. Monitor your mileage.

It is clear however that not all leasing companies are the same, offering different rates and different levels of customer service. Most people will go direct to the brokers or leasing companies however unlike other marques there are not hundreds of new Teslas sitting unsold on airfields dotted around the country and so leasing a Tesla is different.
1. Place your order on the Tesla website yourself. OK so it will cost you £100 upfront (Tesla will refund this to you after delivery) but you know your car, and its exact spec, has been ordered. You will have visibility of the order process and see when a VIN is allocated. Be sure to order via referral link to get 1000 miles free supercharging.
2. Shop around for your leasing deal. There is no rush and the prices vary enormously from broker to broker. There are some comparison sites that compare leasing deals but they do not compare all the companies out there. There are big savings to be had.
3. Check the excess mileage figures. Use a spreadsheet or get your calculator out to ensure you are getting the best deal. It may be cheaper to buy a 8,000 miles pa deal and pay the excess for 2000 miles than agree a 10,000 miles pa deal. You may find that the excess on some deals are draconian, so choose carefully. Be realistic in your mileage requirements. Leasing companies use headline offers of 5000 mile pa to attract you but I can assure that 5000 miles will be too low a figure for 90% of buyers. This is a car that you will love to drive and you will end up with a very large excess mileage bill.
4. Maintenance option. Look carefully at this because the maintenance requirements of a Tesla are nowhere near the same as an ICE vehicle. It would need to be a really cheap option to be worthwhile although it's worth remembering that the tyres are not cheap.
5. Once you have found your deal, call the broker and give them the RN (Reservation Number). They will pass it on to the leasing company who will liaise with Tesla. Tesla will adjust your account to reflect the new billing arrangements but you will still retain visibility of the order process.
6. Delivery. Since you opened the account, you can be sure that your account information will be correct and your app will spark into life at the delivery centre.
7. Get your £100 back from Tesla. Tesla will probably wait until the leasing company have paid their invoice before refunding you.
8. Monitor your mileage.
Agree with this method. I plonked down deposit myself so that I had the ball rolling so I could chance a march delivery. This worked as I managed to get matched to a car within weeks with a deliver supposed to be last week. Only reason couldn't take delivery as it's taken a bit longer to get company sorted with company car/salary sacrifice setup (first time for company). Tesla ok with me postponing collection so far.

8. Monitor your mileage.

Really good advice and I didn't realise you could place the order via Tesla and have the lease company take it over.

Mr. Miserable - very good summary, one that I would have certainly benefitting from reading before placing my order! However, having just gone through this process I would say that point no.5 did not happen so easily for me. The way Cyclone1 explains this is closer to what happened to me...order totally disappears from your and it actually appears as ‘cancelled’. Perhaps this varies agent to agent, but once the lease company funded my vehicle all trace of it disappears and you’re at the behest of your leasing agent to keep you updated...no visibility sadly :(

3B0237E5-C2E3-4D40-9D4A-D793731E27A5.jpeg

Reactions: Cyclone1
Some really good info on this thread. My own experience (so far) below...

2 orders placed via Leaseplan for identical M3 LR cars in white.
1st order placed Jan 9th with requested date of 17/4
2nd order placed 21st Jan with requested date of 27/4

Both had Birmingham collection offered and confirmed at point of order.
Both had Tesla accounts created for the drivers and referral codes.
Order 2 used the referral code from order 1.

1st order confirmed last week initially by Tesla SMS stating delivery 16/3 and showing registration and VIN.
Confirmed by Leaseplan as delivery (not collection) and address confirmed.
Now moved to 18/3 due to delivery delays, but still as a delivery.
We wait until tomorrow....

2nd order: no communication at all from either
Called Leaseplan today and they state that there is no VIN matched to the RN. Said it's a waiting game.
Called Tesla and they confirmed no VIN match and would give no steer on when, or if there's any likelihood of a VIN match soon, but they then said the following (paraphrased)...

Cars are produced in large batches and shipped to each territory.
At some stage during (or in many cases after) shipping, VIN lists are reviewed and matched to RNs on a 1st come, 1st served basis.
If the RN holder declines to take the vehicle, the VIN is allocated to another RN and the original RN goes to the back of the pile.

Any delivery date requested to the lease company is never passed to Tesla, the lease company simply get offered a VIN match when the RN gets to the top of the list and can accept or decline.

I've made it clear to Leaseplan that we will accept the VIN match and delivery on the second car, but do have some concern that this second car might be a long time coming.

All info above is just based on conversations and WTFDIK etc. etc.

Any delivery date requested to the lease company is never passed to Tesla, the lease company simply get offered a VIN match when the RN gets to the top of the list and can accept or decline.
I would only add that this is not quite true.

I put a requested delivery date on my order with Zenith, but what they did with that info was put a 'blocker' or a 'hold' on the RN with Tesla. The impact of that was that no vehicle could be matched to that RN before that hold date.

I didn't know that when I ordered with Zenith, otherwise I would have used a much earlier requested delivery date!

Well all my initial fears and frustrations were allayed today when SCL finally confirmed a collection date for end of this week. I imagine upcoming handovers will be the shortest and most 'distant' ever, but considering the current climate I am just glad I have the vehicle and would rather be safe than sorry (even if it does take a bit of the shine away from collecting a new car...first world problems ey!!)

Waiting to see how the handover of the my account/app and the referral miles go, so will provide updates for any one else that may end up in the same position...

Well all my initial fears and frustrations were allayed today when SCL finally confirmed a collection date for end of this week. I imagine upcoming handovers will be the shortest and most 'distant' ever, but considering the current climate I am just glad I have the vehicle and would rather be safe than sorry (even if it does take a bit of the shine away from collecting a new car...first world problems ey!!)

Waiting to see how the handover of the my account/app and the referral miles go, so will provide updates for any one else that may end up in the same position...
Hoping to collect from Leeds also (White P) next Thursday 26th. Would love to know how you get on!

Nearly a week later and I am still waiting for the car to be moved from Lex to me (my PCH broker is supposed to be chasing this) in the account so will be interested to see if you (anyone) has any better luck.