Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would say all bets are off in terms of future budgets after what is going on now. The Government is going to have a £330bn+ shortfall in its finances. I would not be in the least bit surprised if there is a moratorium on grants on EVs and other "nice to have" things, as well as revisiting the BIK rate.

I would say all bets are off in terms of future budgets after what is going on now. The Government is going to have a £330bn+ shortfall in its finances. I would not be in the least bit surprised if there is a moratorium on grants on EVs and other "nice to have" things, as well as revisiting the BIK rate.
On the other hand, the car industry is going to need all the help it can get so it would seem strange to ramp up BIK rates and decimate things further.

Can I ask does your car show up in your website account? Ordered mine from Select but they seem to have an issue with getting the car linked to my online account as well as showing the referral miles.

sadly not yet...only got confirmation emails from the leasing company today so figured they may still be processing things. They still haven’t taken deposit yet.

in my mind the longer they take the better - unsure if Tesla have or plan to extend the period in which miles are used but I’m going nowhere near a SC anytime soon!!

the chap that set my lease up from SLC said his colleague used his referral code for me so I might check that first to see if the miles turned up on their account.

will let you know if anything changes!

Reactions: JohnA16
sadly not yet...only got confirmation emails from the leasing company today so figured they may still be processing things. They still haven’t taken deposit yet.

in my mind the longer they take the better - unsure if Tesla have or plan to extend the period in which miles are used but I’m going nowhere near a SC anytime soon!!

the chap that set my lease up from SLC said his colleague used his referral code for me so I might check that first to see if the miles turned up on their account.

will let you know if anything changes!
I’ve had my car since 7th March and still not taken the deposit either.

ive been constantly chasing SCL who said they got confirmation from Tesla it had been fixed which it hasn’t.

Just in case it interests anyone:

I had a M3 SR+ pearl white on order under salary sacrifice - actual order date w/ Tesla on 8 Jan. It never got matched, and then lockdown happened, and now Zenith has put a hold on ALL orders for foreseeable future.
My original order was for 24 months. It includes everything (insurance, maintenance, tyres etc).

Had a re-think, and determined that it was the same monthly cost to get the LR AWD over 36 months. Was £20/month more to get it in deep blue. This is despite the £500 reduction in grant (salesperson at Zenith advised that my original order had locked in previous £3,500).

So I've decided to cancel original order, and now submitted order for the LR in deep blue.

In the end, when I factor in total cost of ownership this works out almost exactly the same (excluding fuel/electricity entirely) as my previous personal lease for an Audi A3 with a few options (£26k) over 36 months. And actually considerably less if I factor in service and flat tyre I had to pay for.

Am now happier waiting however long it takes (could be September or beyond I guess)...as I think I could live with the LR AWD for longer even if life circumstances change.

I had a M3 SR+ pearl white on order under salary sacrifice - actual order date w/ Tesla on 8 Jan. It never got matched, and then lockdown happened, and now Zenith has put a hold on ALL orders for foreseeable future.
My original order was for 24 months. It includes everything (insurance, maintenance, tyres etc).

Had a re-think, and determined that it was the same monthly cost to get the LR AWD over 36 months. Was £20/month more to get it in deep blue. This is despite the £500 reduction in grant (salesperson at Zenith advised that my original order had locked in previous £3,500).

So I've decided to cancel original order, and now submitted order for the LR in deep blue.

In the end, when I factor in total cost of ownership this works out almost exactly the same (excluding fuel/electricity entirely) as my previous personal lease for an Audi A3 with a few options (£26k) over 36 months. And actually considerably less if I factor in service and flat tyre I had to pay for.

Am now happier waiting however long it takes (could be September or beyond I guess)...as I think I could live with the LR AWD for longer even if life circumstances change.

Wow that's crazy!

Wish my work did salary sacrifice.

Sounds like head of heart but makes total sense to me. Something to look forward too

Reactions: bhav
I’ve had my car since 7th March and still not taken the deposit either.

ive been constantly chasing SCL who said they got confirmation from Tesla it had been fixed which it hasn’t.

I have just received all invoices directly from LeasePlan today - 1. deposit & 2. first monthly payment. Showing DD dates about 1 week apart. They came to the company director...maybe check with them?! Unless of course that's you and in which case you already know they haven't landed!!

No idea if this will have any bearing on the referral miles and updates to my Tesla account, but they have evidently processed the order in full now whilst also completely ignoring all my emails about taking a payment holiday...

Reactions: JohnA16

Zenith will arrange collection or delivery if you are classed as an 'Essential Worker' (formal letter giving you permission to drive and access school provision etc.)

Leaseplan contacted us on Friday now offering a June delivery. Not sure how likely that is, but it's a change from their initial push back to September from the requested April date when the car was ordered....
I suspect they were guessing the first time, and now using Tesla's guidance... But I would argue that remains a guess as well as we don't yet know how many, if any, cars will be manufactured and shipped over in time for June given the Freemont factory remains shut...

Lease prices for the Model 3 have shot up, I was quoted £200 more today than I was last month :( so gonna have to hold off until prices come back down.
Hi, have a chat with Tom at key2lease, I have just signed for a M3LR with them which was much cheaper than previous quotes I'd had. He is very familiar with Tesla and they will take a RN if you buy from Inventory. I'd originally ordered a M3P from another leasing company in Feb but they wouldn't honour the plug in grant so I cancelled a few weeks ago.

I suspect they were guessing the first time, and now using Tesla's guidance... But I would argue that remains a guess as well as we don't yet know how many, if any, cars will be manufactured and shipped over in time for June given the Freemont factory remains shut...
I wouldn't be too confident of a June delivery unless it's from existing inventory.
The factory remains closed and Almeda county has extended existing shelter-in-place legislation until the end of May.
I reckon the next shipment from the factory may not arrive until mid August at the earliest.

• Helpful
Hi, have a chat with Tom at key2lease, I have just signed for a M3LR with them which was much cheaper than previous quotes I'd had. He is very familiar with Tesla and they will take a RN if you buy from Inventory. I'd originally ordered a M3P from another leasing company in Feb but they wouldn't honour the plug in grant so I cancelled a few weeks ago.

Thanks, unfortunately though I need to do it via a Salary Sacrifice scheme which I don't think they offer.

Thanks though

Lease prices for the Model 3 have shot up, I was quoted £200 more today than I was last month :( so gonna have to hold off until prices come back down.

Is this £200 a month extra (cant imagine) or £200 over the lease period? what version of the M3? I have been watching a my SS scheme for about a month and the price has varid by £70 a month which is £2520 over the 3 year term.

Is this £200 a month extra (cant imagine) or £200 over the lease period? what version of the M3? I have been watching a my SS scheme for about a month and the price has varid by £70 a month which is £2520 over the 3 year term.

Crikey, prices from Leaseplan for the performance are ridiculous, this is for the standard colour and trim based on 20k per year over 3 yrs - for comparison 5 months ago it was about £725/month on the same mileage/years but with MSM and white interior
Screenshot_20200429-222110.png