Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our 1st vehicle arrived this afternoon.
No Type 2 cable included - told by the delivery guy to call Tesla.
Lots of panel misalignment, especially the rear hatch and the internal trim on the A-Pillar (driver's side) is hanging off.
140 miles of range when delivered.
We've now also fallen foul of the Aviva fleet insurance and are seeking an alternative provider!

2nd vehicle - no update, so with the factory now closing for 3 weeks we're hoping there's a VIN match soon...

Well everything went perfectly today, so I have to eat all my words about confusion regarding Select Car Leasing and Tesla!!

Tesla had the correct email address in their system, which meant the second...literally the second...that i signed the car off my app/account showed the car and connected everything up. If you want to make sure this will happen on the day of your collection, i would recommend calling your Tesla dealership before you collect to check which email they have against your Registration...if its not the one registered to your account it will cause you issues (for setting things up on your phone immediately anyway!!)

My sparky went out of his way and installed the charger first thing this morning...bonus!

Tesla Leeds were awesome...small area where someone had sanded paint for imperfection...right back into body shop, quick mop over with some polish and looked perfect.

All in all, a very good morning and a vote of confidence for Tesla Leeds (Sam R), Tesla Enterprise and Select Car Leasing (Rakesh).

Reactions: EVMeister
Just called Tesla on off chance, they say my car is ready for collection on 26th at 4pm but I’ve not any text or email, has anyone had this?

I rang last week and was told end of the month, but nothing precise.
Finally just a moment ago, I got:
Tesla Update: We are pleased to advise that our Tesla Delivery Locations will remain open for your upcoming delivery. All handovers will be low-touch to ensure your safety. We therefore recommend checking out our support videos to familiarize yourself with your car in advance: Model 3 Support Videos | Tesla. Please respond 'Yes' to this SMS to confirm your attendance or 'No' if you require further assistance. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

Just waiting to hear actual date and location.

Fleet evolution have been in touch today to confirm they are taking no further deliveries from manufacturers for the time being, and advising of possible delays down the road through factories closing.

My delivery was never a Q1 time frame anyway, and in retrospect this has worked for me.... my PCP car is going back in a couple of weeks, but based on current home working/isolation, I do not need a car for the time being so will be doing without and save a little bit of cash over the next few months.

The downside however is the PCP situation, I have £14,600 contractual purchase price on my current car... in February I was quoted on sale £18,800 from the dealer and same from webuyanycar... so had some nice equity... however as of this week the dealer is not interested in buying and webuyanycar valuation has dropped down to £11k.

As such, I'll be simply handing the car back with no equity return.

Small problem that pales into insignificance with the health and hardship of many... but thought I would share.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Quick update following a call to Zenith (salary sacrifice lease, originally ordered 8 Jan, had requested March delivery but was never matched pre-covid anyway):
  • Tesla have said they don't plan any deliveries for April / May (that might be the old messaging re: ships etc)
  • Zenith has put on hold any new deliveries for any manufacturer while in lockdown
Shrug. Not much can be done if that's the state of play!

I had a call with Leaseplan this morning who are now stating that aside from key workers, ALL deliveries (all makes & models, not just Tesla) have been pushed back to September.

Would be interested if anyone has heard the same, or different from their lease provider.

To clarify, Leaseplan have an RN for the car, but the vehicle hasn't been VIN matched.

I had a call with Leaseplan this morning who are now stating that aside from key workers, ALL deliveries (all makes & models, not just Tesla) have been pushed back to September.

Would be interested if anyone has heard the same, or different from their lease provider.

To clarify, Leaseplan have an RN for the car, but the vehicle hasn't been VIN matched.

I had similar from Zenith.
My car was ready at heathrow on the 26th march for collection. They have now suspended all vehicles until further notice.

Well everything went perfectly today, so I have to eat all my words about confusion regarding Select Car Leasing and Tesla!!

Tesla had the correct email address in their system, which meant the second...literally the second...that i signed the car off my app/account showed the car and connected everything up. If you want to make sure this will happen on the day of your collection, i would recommend calling your Tesla dealership before you collect to check which email they have against your Registration...if its not the one registered to your account it will cause you issues (for setting things up on your phone immediately anyway!!)

My sparky went out of his way and installed the charger first thing this morning...bonus!

Tesla Leeds were awesome...small area where someone had sanded paint for imperfection...right back into body shop, quick mop over with some polish and looked perfect.

All in all, a very good morning and a vote of confidence for Tesla Leeds (Sam R), Tesla Enterprise and Select Car Leasing (Rakesh).
Can I ask does your car show up in your website account? Ordered mine from Select but they seem to have an issue with getting the car linked to my online account as well as showing the referral miles.