Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is all signed and countersigned now so for reference, on a LR, blue paint, otherwise stock, I’m paying £523pm with £1501 down on a 48 month, 8000 mile pa deal.

That was some £40-£50 cheaper than I could find elsewhere on an equivalent (small) downpayment. Without the blue paint option it was a flat £500pm.

It has been stated on this forum before but ZenAuto’s (or ElectricAuto’s) website prices are far higher than what they will quote if you email them. Slightly strange as you’d think they would want to attract custom on the basis of visible competitive prices but there you go!
Zen seemed to be a lot cheaper when we ordered ours as well.
We went for a SR+, white with 19 inch wheels and 11,000 miles a year. That came to £553 a month with a £553 deposit.

I've ordered exactly the same via salary sacrifice which is more expensive at a gross level (about £660/month, no deposit, over 3 years) but works out very well on a net basis (and once you factor in that it includes insurance, tyres, maintenance etc, and nil or low BIK rate).

Annoyingly, my employer doesn't do a car scheme and is a little bit too big (/I am too insignificant) for me to persuade them to add one!

Zen seemed to be a lot cheaper when we ordered ours as well.
We went for a SR+, white with 19 inch wheels and 11,000 miles a year. That came to £553 a month with a £553 deposit.

Awesome - have you taken delivery? I generated my own order through Tesla and have passed the RN onto Zen. The order builder had June down as an expected delivery date but nothing about delivery has been stated since I ordered. I'm guessing I've got to hope a matching spec is on the ship that just left San Francisco. Tesla are still predicting June delivery dates for LRs and Ps so they must be fairly confident.

Awesome - have you taken delivery? I generated my own order through Tesla and have passed the RN onto Zen. The order builder had June down as an expected delivery date but nothing about delivery has been stated since I ordered. I'm guessing I've got to hope a matching spec is on the ship that just left San Francisco. Tesla are still predicting June delivery dates for LRs and Ps so they must be fairly confident.
We originally ordered in early feb and delivery was originally March 20th, corona meant it was stuck in Carlisle so it was pushed back and we finally got it on April 16th.
Well worth the wait though and Zen were great throughout - hopefully you’re not waiting long for yours.

This is all signed and countersigned now so for reference, on a LR, blue paint, otherwise stock, I’m paying £523pm with £1501 down on a 48 month, 8000 mile pa deal.

That was some £40-£50 cheaper than I could find elsewhere on an equivalent (small) downpayment. Without the blue paint option it was a flat £500pm.

It has been stated on this forum before but ZenAuto’s (or ElectricAuto’s) website prices are far higher than what they will quote if you email them. Slightly strange as you’d think they would want to attract custom on the basis of visible competitive prices but there you go!
Thanks for this

On the Tesla website you can get the personal contract hire with those options for £544, but 10k Miles (unless I'm missing something?)
Makes me think that the Tesla deal might not be that bad?

Hi there!
Based on the success stories of getting great leasing prices, I don't know what I'm doing wrong :( I mailed zen for a PCH and their quote is identical to the web configurator
zen auto's quote is £464 48M 10k Miles £7.5K upfront
Tesla's estimation on the order page is 4 pounds cheaper: £460 48M 10K miles £7.5K upfront
(Model 3 LR white/white with 19" wheels)

No one wants to give me a better quote than Tesla's
I asked driveElectric as well but for 24 months so I can't compare their quote to the rest (I know I should've asked everyone the same)

any advice? Thank you!

Where you order with Tesla direct and pass the RN onto the leasing company, do the leasing company have to take delivery/collect the car, or if it is all paid up can the lessee collect?

No, "Tesla Direct" should deliver it to you (directly) without going via the lease company first. They will contact you to offer dates and request address.

However, obviously Tesla and leasing company will need to have spoken to each other and the leasing company will need to approve the delivery to be arranged (i.e. settled the financing side of things etc).

If you're not seeing progress your best bet is to see what's happening on the leasing company's end to make sure no hold ups there.

No, "Tesla Direct" should deliver it to you (directly) without going via the lease company first. They will contact you to offer dates and request address.

However, obviously Tesla and leasing company will need to have spoken to each other and the leasing company will need to approve the delivery to be arranged (i.e. settled the financing side of things etc).

If you're not seeing progress your best bet is to see what's happening on the leasing company's end to make sure no hold ups there.

Oh great - thanks.

When I ordered I had to specify a collection point. Are you saying this is disregarded and Tesla are delivering cars?

Oh great - thanks.

When I ordered I had to specify a collection point. Are you saying this is disregarded and Tesla are delivering cars?
Yes I think that takes precedent if you decide to go down the cash route/directly finance via Tesla (which you can just switch to immediately on your account if I recall).

I suppose it's possible they could change that but I'm pretty sure since March almost all lease orders have been delivered - at least those from the larger lease companies.

Update here if you have a different experience of course!

Hi all, new poster and trying to order a model 3 but having some difficulties so wondered if you could help?

I’ve been through the order for a LR on the Tesla website and would be looking at a lease through my business. I’ve paid the deposit and then going through the other details for payment and cannot find an option for lease, just cash, pcp and hire purchase, none of which are suitable. Can you actually lease through Tesla or do you have to go through a third party like Zen Auto or Drive Electric?

I’ll ring Tesla in the morning, but thought I’d enquire on here for the right answer ;)

Hi all, new poster and trying to order a model 3 but having some difficulties so wondered if you could help?

I’ve been through the order for a LR on the Tesla website and would be looking at a lease through my business. I’ve paid the deposit and then going through the other details for payment and cannot find an option for lease, just cash, pcp and hire purchase, none of which are suitable. Can you actually lease through Tesla or do you have to go through a third party like Zen Auto or Drive Electric?

I’ll ring Tesla in the morning, but thought I’d enquire on here for the right answer ;)
There's a "personal contract hire" option when you're going through the new order steps (alongside cash, PCP, hire purchase). But perhaps that's not the right choice if you're trying to lease as business, I'm not too sure.

You might need to pass your RN to a third party lease company... in any case you should probably compare prices rather than default to Tesla's option if they have one.

I can help with that as I had to go through the same pain, Tesla doesn't offer Business Contract Hire, which is the option you want. I contacted tesla over the form and the answer I got affirms what you found out, there is no option, Blackhorse doesn't provide BCH for Tesla. You need to contact a third party as you said. And if your ltd is active for less than 2 years the majority can't offer you their service, I don't know about Zenith as they haven't answered me in a week. (Also, Zen Auto doesn't do B2B, their parent company Zenith does).

Because of that, I need to Personal contract hire and I'll end up expensing the miles.

I hope this helped

OK. I think you are doing it the best way. Your car is ordered and all you need to do now is find a good deal from a leasing company.
Don't rush this and get a spreadsheet out so that you can compare the deals - there can be huge differences. Huge, so worth shopping around. There are lots of leasing companies, most of them however are just brokers for a couple of big boys. Nevertheless, the rates can vary a lot.
Remember to get quotes for the exact spec of the car you ordered, and also ensure you get told the exact excess mileage penalties. (It can sometimes be cheaper to contract to 10K mileage pa and pay the excess rather than to contract to 12K pa, for example).
Once you have settled on your leasing company, give them your RN and then they will liase with Tesla for delivery.
You will get your £100 back from Tesla some time after delivery. Sometime!
If you didn't use a referral at the time of ordering (worth 1000 miles free supercharging DM me for a code!), give the referral details to the leasing company and you may be lucky.
Shop around - it's worth it.

Sorry Qazser, didn’t see your response but thanks for the confirmation. Company has traded for over 2 years so ok there, it needs to go through the co to take advantage of the 0% bik rates - although I’m not sure if you could still do that with a pch deal - never had a company car, always done it through pch in the past and claimed mileage.