Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At what point did you guys get your RN from the leasing company?
Zen Auto are dragging their feet with me, I put the order more than a month ago and they still don't know. Also, I have the feeling that they didn't use the referral I've advised them to use, as the person I got the referral code from still hasn't got any updates either.

My current company car was ordered through Zenith and took 6 months to deliver, for which I can only assume that someone had forgotten to place the order (it's a Mercedes). I don't want to go through that wait again.
I don’t think we got our RN until pretty late on (I think we got the reg at the same time).
I’d also say it’s probably not Zen dragging their feet on this, more likely that they’re struggling to get anything from Tesla.

Zen Auto are dragging their feet with me, I put the order more than a month ago and they still don't know. Also, I have the feeling that they didn't use the referral I've advised them to use, as the person I got the referral code from still hasn't got any updates either.

My current company car was ordered through Zenith and took 6 months to deliver, for which I can only assume that someone had forgotten to place the order (it's a Mercedes). I don't want to go through that wait again.

I think I got the RN in less than 48 hours after I submitted the order may have been less than 24 hours. After that the VIN/reg changed a couple of times as Tesla juggled cars.

Order was with Leaseplan via Yorkshire Fleet.

Hi I'm another NHS FS customer, ordered my M3 LR AWD on 2 June, i'm getting a little frustrated as I'm trying to get the RN from them but it's the actual lease provider (IIRC they said it was Arnold Clark) who isn't releasing that info, really I just want to know if it actually has been ordered with Tesla so I may have a chance of getting one of the August deliveries. Pod point have been great sorting the install of my charger - only have the issue of looped supply to wait and hear about for that.

I don’t think we got our RN until pretty late on (I think we got the reg at the same time).
I’d also say it’s probably not Zen dragging their feet on this, more likely that they’re struggling to get anything from Tesla.

If they've actually ordered it, they should be able to give you an RN. Whether they want to keep it to themselves is a different matter.

Hi I'm another NHS FS customer, ordered my M3 LR AWD on 2 June, i'm getting a little frustrated as I'm trying to get the RN from them but it's the actual lease provider (IIRC they said it was Arnold Clark) who isn't releasing that info, really I just want to know if it actually has been ordered with Tesla so I may have a chance of getting one of the August deliveries. Pod point have been great sorting the install of my charger - only have the issue of looped supply to wait and hear about for that.

Yes it's a frustrating process. Lots of intermediaries involved with these NHS leases.
Hopefully you've got a decent deal via salary sacrifice, so in the mean time at least you can go accessory shopping

• Love
Reactions: Mr K O’Watt
Yes it's a frustrating process. Lots of intermediaries involved with these NHS leases.
Hopefully you've got a decent deal via salary sacrifice, so in the mean time at least you can go accessory shopping
It was a good deal, this will be my 3rd NHS lease car, but my first electric one! i've been looking for accessories but holding off, definitely thinking of getting a shell for the center console in a matt or alcantara finish, if mine is an August delivery it'll probably have the USB-C and wireless charging pad so that's one off my list, just need to figure out which method is better for sentry mode - leaning towards micro sd with usb reader instead of memory stick/ssd

Also is it popular to get a lease with say 5k miles and then just pay the excess mileage charge if works out cheaper?
That might be fine but I don't think this is a car you will do anywhere near as few as 5,000 miles...so you really need to think carefully about the economics/maths.

In my A3 I averaged 4,000 miles pa. In my M3 I've done 700 miles in a month of ownership (in partial lockdown...).

It seems that the finance companies are re-evaluating the lease deals for the Tesla at the moment... I’m hoping down! In the meantime I’ve got to wait, but damn I’m inpatient.

I know that some were contemplating making certain leases maintained only. Hopefully the broker I pointed you at will be able to get something back to you quickly through one route or another. That's where I've found a decent broker really useful as they know what each of the potential funders are up to.

Ive never done leasing before. Has anyone got alloy insurance or anything else to cover scratches/dents? Just wondering how strident the hand in process will be? If i need to factor it into my costs.
I’ve never leased before either but I was put at ease a bit by my lease company (Zen Auto) abiding by the BVRLA guidelines which gives and indication of what’s considered fair wear and tear which includes dents/scratches. I think there’s a PDF on their website but it’s been a while since I looked.

I know that some were contemplating making certain leases maintained only. Hopefully the broker I pointed you at will be able to get something back to you quickly through one route or another. That's where I've found a decent broker really useful as they know what each of the potential funders are up to.

Nearly there! It looks like some of the pricing has got a little competitive. I’m hoping he’s able to come in close to the others, as he seems like a decent bloke.

A quick look at the PCH rates on the Tesla website indicate a cash saving by getting a lower mile lease then paying extra for the additional mileage.

as long as you budget for this at the end of the term it can be cheaper.

it also saves money should for any reason (I.e. covid lockdown) your mileage turns out to be significantly less than expected.

After all , you don’t get a refund by being under the contractual mileage!