Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tyres, window wipers, washer fluid. Some people have the breaks and calipers cleaned and is an easy DIY if you fancy having a go. Videos of how to do it on YouTube. That's it I believe

Heard the air con filters are not to difficult to replace either.

Does anyone have alloy insurance? After hearing how easy they can be to scuff i may get hold of some alloy insurance.

Reactions: Neilio
After escalating further to Electric Auto, they finally gave me my RN...
What Tesla also told me is that they didn't use a referral code. I'm so mad, I've insisted so much on it, and they confirmed they would use it. Anything I can do now, besides writing a strongly worded email?

Is anyone with Electric Auto? I keep coming back to them as they seem to have the most competitive price quoted on leasing.com. Having read through some of their FAQ/About us material I was surprised to see they offered AA breakdown cover free of charge. What I've read I've been happy with, but they seem pretty insistent it is serviced appropriately. Following my research I think I saw the m3 only needed a full service at year 4. For which I was aiming for a 48 month lease anyway. Am I right in saying I shouldn't need to pay for a service in a 48 month period? I'll have the mot at 36 months but other than that wouldn't be liable for any services in a 48 months term right? Just the one mot? I've read I need to ensure the brake fluid is drained/refilled at year 2 and the air con filters changed yearly other than that I believe its all for year 4.
Yes I ordered mine through Electric Auto and received the car 2 weeks ago. Never heard anything about AA membership. I noticed on my car insurance basic Green Flag cover was only £1 per month so added that. You have the Tesla assistance as well so should be covered. I was under the impression any servicing needed eg brake fluid the system tells you?

Yes I ordered mine through Electric Auto and received the car 2 weeks ago. Never heard anything about AA membership. I noticed on my car insurance basic Green Flag cover was only £1 per month so added that. You have the Tesla assistance as well so should be covered. I was under the impression any servicing needed eg brake fluid the system tells you?

I never knew Tesla assistance even existed. Just checked it out and it actually looks pretty handy - i'm still amazed by the small things on offer compared to normal ICE manufacturers.

I never knew Tesla assistance even existed. Just checked it out and it actually looks pretty handy - i'm still amazed by the small things on offer compared to normal ICE manufacturers.

Last time I looked it was aimed at warranty issues and not a full AA type breakdown cover. The anecdotal reports I read going back a few years, which was when service was pretty good, suggested the response and coverage left a lot to be desired. Many owners, myself included have purchased traditional AA type cover. YMMV.

Can anyone comment on the price comparison from Tesla versus others such as Zen Auto? Based on the spec I want (Long Range AWD, blue paint, tow hitch and 19" alloys) I'm finding Tesla's own PCH works out cheaper than Zen Auto. The difference being Zen Auto is charging significantly more for the options I've added - £577 versus £607 for £3k down and 10,000 miles per year over 48 months.

Can anyone comment on the price comparison from Tesla versus others such as Zen Auto? Based on the spec I want (Long Range AWD, blue paint, tow hitch and 19" alloys) I'm finding Tesla's own PCH works out cheaper than Zen Auto. The difference being Zen Auto is charging significantly more for the options I've added - £577 versus £607 for £3k down and 10,000 miles per year over 48 months.

You need to call them. Their pricing of the options on the website is off.

I did this with the blue and white interior and basically broke it down for them they sent it off to their pricing team.

they should be able to get you closer to £543 a month with £3k down based on the options you’ve chosen and the fact nationwide vehicle contracts are currently at £543 with £3180 down. - I can drop you the contact at Zen Auto I used if you like he was great.

I would recommend this. I have it on my current car (none Tesla) and it's such a bonus if you do end up scuffing the alloy, which, it looks like, you will!
What the cost for alloy insurance? I had a quote for refurbishment at £40+vat per wheel, non-diamond cut so wonder whether it’s just worth chancing it and having to fork out for refurb at the end of the contract if there are any dings

Don't bother paying extra for servicing - there isn't any. Although if it includes tyres and puncture repairs it might be worth costing it out.

What the cost for alloy insurance? I had a quote for refurbishment at £40+vat per wheel, non-diamond cut so wonder whether it’s just worth chancing it and having to fork out for refurb at the end of the contract if there are any dings
Sorry I don’t recall as it was all bundled in to the finance package. I work in a place with a tonne of potholes and the insurance has paid for itself through replacing 2 cracked alloys

Reactions: Pilotpem
Hi all, I've been reading this thread avidly waiting for the time to place an order for my lease deal on a M3 SR+
I was doing some more comparisons yesterday on leasing.com and Electric Auto was the best price with 4k deposit (9 months), 48 months, 10k miles at £434 per month. I happened to look at the Tesla website even though they are historically more expensive and the same details on their personal contract hire was coming out at £418. Was a bit surprised at the difference tbh but looks like when I'm ready to order I'll be going direct with Tesla. Anyone else seen the difference on your orders between Tesla and the brokers?
Thanks
Steve

I may have been unlucky but most of the prices I saw on deals on leasing.com when looking for a lease were never available when I followed up. Almost without exception once you'd actually contacted the company who were advertising the quote was strangely higher than the one advertised. YMMV