Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks! The breakdown I got from the lease company wasn’t very clear so I need to check with them and see. Just be good to know.
Well the lease company has nothing to do with it - it's your employer.

You'll pay gross (to the lease company) through your employer and they need to notify HMRC that they've given you a company car (via P46 form).

Most important thing is for you to let HMRC know once your company has submitted P46 form so that your tax code gets updated and deductions are taken correctly. Otherwise they might ask for a lump sum retrospectively.

I'm in early stages of the process - car received in early June, so now making sure HMRC and payroll is all on order.

Reactions: Gazmayo
le

What makes you say that? - I ordered mine a coupe of weeks ago I’d be nice if I didn’t have to wait 3 months
It seems that there are a few shipments coming over at the moment. They are probably trying to fulfil many orders. You could get lucky and be matched to one if these shipments. Fingers crossed for you. That being said you could still be Teslaed and have to wait!

Little update for any potential NHS leasers: They sent a guy to install a PodPoint charger yesterday, which was optional with the lease, not too bad, just under a month after ordering. Would likely have been quicker if I had sent the info needed for installing earlier!

It seems that there are a few shipments coming over at the moment. They are probably trying to fulfil many orders. You could get lucky and be matched to one if these shipments. Fingers crossed for you. That being said you could still be Teslaed and have to wait!

I did see that there are quite a few coming - I imagine most are taken but who knows. I missed out on an inventory spec of my ideal car last month.

Little update for any potential NHS leasers: They sent a guy to install a PodPoint charger yesterday, which was optional with the lease, not too bad, just under a month after ordering. Would likely have been quicker if I had sent the info needed for installing earlier!
Yes i'm another NHS FS customer and podpoint have been great, if it only wasn't for my looped electric supply it'd be installed by now, just got to wait 4 more weeks for northern powergrid to get some work done then podpoint can move in with the install.

Yes i'm another NHS FS customer and podpoint have been great, if it only wasn't for my looped electric supply it'd be installed by now, just got to wait 4 more weeks for northern powergrid to get some work done then podpoint can move in with the install.

Not too bad then, a few things from my experience, they took about 2 hours to install for me, they also text not too long before they arrived, so they didn’t provide much notice before arriving. With the time slot they give you though it’s fine as long as you’re home all day, which isn’t really a problem for most at the moment anyway.

Not too bad then, a few things from my experience, they took about 2 hours to install for me, they also text not too long before they arrived, so they didn’t provide much notice before arriving. With the time slot they give you though it’s fine as long as you’re home all day, which isn’t really a problem for most at the moment anyway.
funny thing at lunch I got a call from the installer wanting to come next Tuesday, I said we'd not had the loop removed yet so i'll just need to call them when the work's done.

Mrs F is still working from home so it'll be fine, she'll just have to make sure her battery and phone are charged so she can tether for the short time the power goes off!

• Funny
Reactions: CameronT77
Weird question maybe but with Zen Auto has anyone had problems getting their order confirmation?

I am trying to order my charger, and without a RN number which apparently takes up to 3 weeks, we have requested confirmation of the order which also works. 3 days and 3 calls later. Nothing. - it’s getting frustrating, as we want to get the install booked as the supplier has a 3-4 week backlog.

Weird question maybe but with Zen Auto has anyone had problems getting their order confirmation?

I am trying to order my charger, and without a RN number which apparently takes up to 3 weeks, we have requested confirmation of the order which also works. 3 days and 3 calls later. Nothing. - it’s getting frustrating, as we want to get the install booked as the supplier has a 3-4 week backlog.

I suddenly started to get promotional email from Tesla to my work account, this indicated that someone had registered my email address for a tesla account (I had one previously on my home email address - but I am going to sort out consolidating them once I get past delivery!), so i went to the tesla site, put my work email address in and hit reset paissword link. It worked, I got an email and could now log into the tesla account pages as me (work me). No information in there is any use so why am I telling you this?

This account creation seems to indicate that an order has been placed
Tesla might just be willing to talk to you based on you providing your email address and possibly, if you tell them your story, be able to give you the RN? I don’t know.
I know when I’ve phoned Tesla in the past when I couldn’t find the bit of paper I wrote the RN down on, the agent asked for my Tesla account email address, so maybe you could get it that way - perhaps it depends who you get!

In my case I didn’t have to as I’d received an order number from our company car scheme provider and so chased them directly for the RN, which they gave quite easily (This was ALD)

Last edited:
I suddenly started to get promotional email from Tesla to my work account, this indicated that someone had registered my email address for a tesla account (I had one previously on my home email address - but I am going to sort out consolidating them once I get past delivery!), so i went to the tesla site, put my work email address in and hit reset paissword link. It worked, I got an email and could now log into the tesla account pages as me (work me). No information in there is any use so why am I telling you this?

This account creation seems to indicate that an order has been placed
Tesla might just be willing to talk to you based on you providing your email address and possibly, if you tell them your story, be able to give you the RN? I don’t know.
I know when I’ve phoned Tesla in the past when I couldn’t find the bit of paper I wrote the RN down on, the agent asked for my Tesla account email address, so maybe you could get it that way - perhaps it depends who you get!

In my case I didn’t have to as I’d received an order number from our company car scheme provider and so chased them directly for the RN, which they gave quite easily (This was ALD)

I did try that unfortunately it says there are no products linked to my account.

This may sound an odd question. But I was looking at the inventory on ev-cpo and there was a British car with my exact spec in the inventory. Would it be worth letting my leasing company know?
Update I did! They said if I can find a car in inventory before esteem I can go ahead and purchase it and they will take the £100 deposit form my lease value.

Sadly the ev-cpo.com inventory and Tesla inventory don't tie up. So I clicked on the VIN number, which is supposed to link you to Tesla to buy the car and it didn't work.