Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update I did! They said if I can find a car in inventory before esteem I can go ahead and purchase it and they will take the £100 deposit form my lease value.

Sadly the ev-cpo.com inventory and Tesla inventory don't tie up. So I clicked on the VIN number, which is supposed to link you to Tesla to buy the car and it didn't work.

What is the VIN? If the car does not show up on the Tesla.com site, it's likely been sold or removed. Tesla does not publish when cars are sold, so there can be a delay when cars are removed.

I did try that unfortunately it says there are no products linked to my account.

Yes - you wont be able to use the Tesla App until you’ve actually picked up the car, as LongRanger says this is normal. I was referring to the website rather than the App, and whilst you wont see your car order on your tesla account on the web, the fact that one has been set up is a good sign. If you do log into the web page, as a Lease order, you’d see some links to buy a Model S, X and Powerwall, along with your referral scheme details at the bottom. If you can see all that then you might have some joy contacting Tesla direct and see whether you can get any information based on your tesla account email id and the other personally identifiable information that would have been submitted like your address/phone/name etc. Tesla *might* give you the RN,

If thats what you meant you’d already tried then sorry - I have nothing!

Has anyone found any info regarding leaving a lease early? The 4 year deal stacks up price wise but It’s good to have the flexibility (like a pcp) if you want to get rid earlier

I’ve not leased before but the impression I get is there is very little flexibility. I’ve asked Tesla for a copy of the t&c’s which they have so far decided not to supply. They’ve said a copy will be made available a couple of days before delivery.

When I pointed out the industry standard is for these doc’s to be issued at the earliest opportunity, and the FCA expect customers to be treated fairly I was met with the typical Tesla response. None.

Has anyone found any info regarding leaving a lease early? The 4 year deal stacks up price wise but It’s good to have the flexibility (like a pcp) if you want to get rid earlier
The whole point is that it *should* be punitive if you want to get out early because they've given you and themselves the certainty of payments over the term and risk sharing - so if you want to get out early you're basically lumping them with risk they hadn't priced in upfront.

It seems some lease agreements do allow you to terminate early with a % of the remaining payments. But I would take the mindset of "if I get to exit for anything less than remaining lease payments I've had a small victory" than assume that will happen.

PCP gives you that flexibility (for a price) so it's the better option if you actually want it.

I don’t think that’s unreasonable to be honest

i think is varies enormously from company to company and I’d be delighted if the get out was as reasonable as that. The Tesla in-house financing is very competitive (at least for my Model S) so the quid pro quo may well be a penal early termination clause.

it’s disappointing they won’t release the agreement until a couple of days before delivery, butI’m afraid that’s typical Tesla.

I appear to have two cars...

Basically I ordered through a leasing firm and then played the Tesla wait game. I then found a car to my spec in inventory (it was still in San Fran, but it existed) I rang up the leasing firm and they authorised me to buy it, which led to me getting a second RN. this time based on my account and not the lease companies. I passed the lease company the VIN and RN and they quickly authorised the payment.

I didn't think anything of it, got the magic text on Tuesday and organised pick up on Sep 1. I now have a second text (not from Tesla) saying my car will be delivered on 2nd Sep. I'm assuming they haven't cancelled the original RN.
Anyone want a spare M3P?