Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to know thanks @ElRey

I received this from them today. I’m a happy man as I would have been peeved to lose the connectivity.

“As the leasing company is the legal owner of the vehicle and we currently have some issues when it comes to offering this as purchase for leasing customers, the Premium Connectivity should remain active for you anyway, so you should not need to purchase it for now. ”

Reactions: Ledzep and ElRey
I ordered with electric auto in August, my car is due to be delivered next Friday but they still haven’t taken the full deposit. They left me a voicemail about a month ago saying they would ring later in the week but never rang me back. Do I need to ring them on the delivery day to pay it to ensure the car is actually delivered?

I ordered with electric auto in August, my car is due to be delivered next Friday but they still haven’t taken the full deposit......Do I need to ring them on the delivery day to pay it to ensure the car is actually delivered?
No that's too late to make sure your payment clears in time.

I used CHAPS (£20 fee) for peace of mind because it allowed the full balance to be cleared immediately.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the finance application approval via lease companies? Placed an order through gateway 2 lease around 8 days ago.....

I guess it depends on the company. I went with Select Car Leasing, just had delivery text for December 7th. Timeline was:

5th Ordered
11th Allocated Car
12th Finance docs
16th Sent them back
20th Confirmed and car released for delivery.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the finance application approval via lease companies? Placed an order through gateway 2 lease around 8 days ago.....
Took me a fortnight. I don't think G2L/ALD are particularly quick. My advice is to relax - comms will come, but they may take a while. Application to delivery for me is 12-16 weeks.

I've ordered a MS through Zenith Leasing as a Company Car in October.
I have the RN and a VIN no and in a phone call last week Tesla confirmed delivery due for mid Dec, Zenith have confirmed that they do not get involved in the delivery, Tesla will text me direct.
I've had no text from Tesla at all since the order. I have a Tesla account in my name but not linked to my order. Zenith advised "you just put your RN in the Tesla account" but there is no facility to do this.
Can anyone advise how I link my account to the order, is it something that I need to phone Tesla to do or is there an online way of doing that?
Also, with delivery in mid dec should I be getting nervous about the lack of texts?

I've ordered a MS through Zenith Leasing as a Company Car in October.
I have the RN and a VIN no and in a phone call last week Tesla confirmed delivery due for mid Dec, Zenith have confirmed that they do not get involved in the delivery, Tesla will text me direct.
I've had no text from Tesla at all since the order. I have a Tesla account in my name but not linked to my order. Zenith advised "you just put your RN in the Tesla account" but there is no facility to do this.
Can anyone advise how I link my account to the order, is it something that I need to phone Tesla to do or is there an online way of doing that?
Also, with delivery in mid dec should I be getting nervous about the lack of texts?

You can't link your car, it will appear in your account once it's delivered. I ordered my M3P through Zenith on 6th October, no delivery date as yet. I have had to call Tesla to get updates, managed to get a registration number and vin yesterday. I only received one text and that was to say I had been matched to a car (the vin text was following a call to tesla). Have you had a confirmed delivery date or just a rough idea date? I have been told that I should get a delivery date text before the month end, car is on RCC Amsterdam and due into the UK 12th December.

Got my RN number from leasing company! What’s next? I called Tesla and they cannot tell me much, just the RN number hasn’t been matched up yet ....
You wait as patiently as you can! The people at the call centre aren't told everything and / or don't share everything.

You'll get a text when you're matched to a vehicle then around a week later you'll get a text to arrange collection / delivery. This may happen sooner depending on the spec you ordered and whether a car of that spec already exists on the "used inventory" page.

Thanks K44ENT, I phoned tesla to check about this and why I haven't had any texts.
They confirmed as you said that because its a lease it won't link till I take delivery.
Re the texts, he advised that as my car was ordered from inventory rather than custom(which I hadn't realised) the first text I will get will be that the car is being prepared for delivery, I should get that within the next week.
Fingers crossed!