Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Best advice is to try a couple of different brokers - some have access to different funders.
Second one was declined as well. I have started an appeal but doubt it will get accepted. I am really confused why they don’t accept me. They must think I will be keeping my current pcp at the same time as the new lease. That’s all I can think of. I can’t settle the pcp until I sell my car and it’s no good doing that until I get the new car :-(

Second one was declined as well. I have started an appeal but doubt it will get accepted. I am really confused why they don’t accept me. They must think I will be keeping my current pcp at the same time as the new lease. That’s all I can think of. I can’t settle the pcp until I sell my car and it’s no good doing that until I get the new car :-(

Not so sure that would be the reason, a first decline will be a "computer says no", rather than a person considering your current pcp.

It doesn't help that many of these funders won't give you a reason, just a decline. So frustrating.

I ordered through Gateway2Lease on 24th Feb 2021, on Friday 5th March I was emailed the final paperwork to sign and on that paperwork was the reg of the car and the date car first registered (26.03.2021). Maybe somebody know the answer to 1. is this normal and 2. does that mean I wont be getting the car before 26th March?
TIA

I ordered through Gateway2Lease on 24th Feb 2021, on Friday 5th March I was emailed the final paperwork to sign and on that paperwork was the reg of the car and the date car first registered (26.03.2021). Maybe somebody know the answer to 1. is this normal and 2. does that mean I wont be getting the car before 26th March?
TIA
You usually get your registration number from Tesla around a week to 10 days before delivery, they won't register with the DVLA until the day of collection though so they must be able to reserve the registrations in advance of the delivery day.

Delivery dates can be communicated 2-4 weeks in advance of delivery too.

Sounds to me like Tesla have your car and they're expecting you or the lease company to collect it on the 26th!

Reactions: noelebob
You usually get your registration number from Tesla around a week to 10 days before delivery, they won't register with the DVLA until the day of collection though so they must be able to reserve the registrations in advance of the delivery day.

Delivery dates can be communicated 2-4 weeks in advance of delivery too.

Sounds to me like Tesla have your car and they're expecting you or the lease company to collect it on the 26th!
TIA
Same here including the dates. My lease paper has reg and the date of first reg as 26/3/21. I checked with the lease company today and they sent me a response from Tesla saying the response was overwhelming in terms of orders from lease companies. Tesla is aware of this and there is a delay in the process. Will post any other updates.

Same here including the dates. My lease paper has reg and the date of first reg as 26/3/21. I checked with the lease company today and they sent me a response from Tesla saying the response was overwhelming in terms of orders from lease companies. Tesla is aware of this and there is a delay in the process. Will post any other updates.
‘Delay in the process’ doesn’t sound good😬