Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for that. Very useful - Do you log that in the app once it appears (i.e. I can probably book it in tomorrow)?
They will fix it for you, most people who logged a service call via the app have had their appointment cancelled (like me) and been told they'll let you know when they have the parts, but you can log it anyway, up to you.

Also, you said you needed to figure out how to charge via 3 pin plug, not much to it, just plug it in!

Interesting experience with my M3LR pick up. I got mine through personal lease with ALD via vanarama. Ordered 10th Nov and got in Dec 18th which I think was pretty damn rapid in the current climate. Anyway got the tesla text home delivery 22nd or pick up from Bluewater shopping centre on the 18th which I did. Turned up at the kiosk desk showed my ID and guy checked yes all ready please find your car its in this line of like 50 cars! Anyway open the door and RFID key cards on the centre console off you go.

Anyway all fine drove off, at no time did anyone stop me driving out, I could have driven out in completely the wrong car and no one would have challenged me very strange. Yes I know ultimatly they would track me and have my ID but just thought it was a very casual way of see you checked in.

And no I have no front USBc or wireless charger, logged with the service app dealer replied have it on file to fit when parts are in so they will contact me.

Finally I did check about the boost upgrade with tesla and checked with the finance company they said as long as its a tesla only upgrade (duh) and you inform us before you do it and we have it file its fine to do so. You may though need some manual intervention from tesla via the finance company to activate it as by default it wont appear on the app.

Interesting experience with my M3LR pick up. I got mine through personal lease with ALD via vanarama. Ordered 10th Nov and got in Dec 18th which I think was pretty damn rapid in the current climate. Anyway got the tesla text home delivery 22nd or pick up from Bluewater shopping centre on the 18th which I did. Turned up at the kiosk desk showed my ID and guy checked yes all ready please find your car its in this line of like 50 cars! Anyway open the door and RFID key cards on the centre console off you go.

Anyway all fine drove off, at no time did anyone stop me driving out, I could have driven out in completely the wrong car and no one would have challenged me very strange. Yes I know ultimatly they would track me and have my ID but just thought it was a very casual way of see you checked in.

And no I have no front USBc or wireless charger, logged with the service app dealer replied have it on file to fit when parts are in so they will contact me.

Finally I did check about the boost upgrade with tesla and checked with the finance company they said as long as its a tesla only upgrade (duh) and you inform us before you do it and we have it file its fine to do so. You may though need some manual intervention from tesla via the finance company to activate it as by default it wont appear on the app.
Congrats - also leased through ALD via Vanarama but interestling I wasn’t given the option to collect from Leicester - only delivery which in the end was fine as there was little wrong with the car which ideally I would inspect in daylight on collection. Saved the lease miles on the way home!

If you've selected lease as your method of payment, this is normal. The lease company effectively take over the car, although the RN number that you received is still the one that you quote if you contact Tesla about it.
Did you sign anything prior to taking delivery? Everything bas been confirmed by telsa and ALD. All forms filled in and been accepted, not yet however been asked to sign anything. ALD stated this would be done once car is delivered/collected

Vanarama send over the myriad of forms to fill in sign etc and scan back to them on email.
One was 100 page lease paperwork, but you only return 4 pages I think it was i.e the signed pages.

I installed the Tesla app on my mobile ages ago, as long as you use the same email address you use for vanarama everything is linked. The Tesla dealer actually texted me to confirm the RN number I don't think that is normal though because it was getting to December he was being diligent I guess. The RN was on the lease paperwork with the registration number as well as mine was 'in stock' at time of ordering so I don't know if that is different if you have to wait x months for the car to be delivered to the UK for instance.

I Texted Tesla back and they said schedule for delivery is looking like the 18th Dec as the car is arriving for pre-checks on the 16th. I got a text a week prior saying 'delivery imminent' please go through all the tutorials to prepare yourself, it said they would be in touch to confirm date. I heard nothing on the 16th Dec so phoned them on the 17th and they said car is ready and I could either pick up from Bluewater in this instance on the 18th or wait for home delivery on the 22nd. I chose the former, about 5 mins later text from Telsa confirming Bluewater pickup.

I had to sign the pick up form at the tesla kiosk in Bluewater and then drove away. They did say it can be up to 48hrs for ALD to activate the mobile app. If you go through Tesla themselves they do it instantly on pick up. But by the time I got home about 45mins later the mobile app was all activated I did nothing, it just linked up and everything was done for me.

Finally about 2-3 days later I got an email from Vanarama just saying please sign the attached delivery confirmation form. I told them about the missing USB c and wireless charger which Tesla service had already acknowledged just for good order.

Hope you guys get your cars shortly I have racked up 400 miles in 8 days I have had it and just go out for the crack right now I'm sure it will wear off at some point 😁 embarrassing so called fast ICE cars I don't think will get old any time soon mind you :cool:

Reactions: Squibbly and M3W3BB
Got mine 3 LR a week ago - ALD/Vanarama as most of the recent ones. Delivered to the doorstep. App switched on within 8 hours or so. Logged a couple of issues right away: someone left dirt on the inside lining of the roof (guess delivery guy) and there is a mother of all alignment issues on the trunk (I can fit a finger into the gap). In a couple of days noticed some regular “cameras blind” alerts so logged those too. Mobile service comes on the 5th - will report on the findings.

Overall very impressed with the car - I tired ID3 for a month and this is a major improvement in every department. Makes my wife’s Merc feel ancient tech.

P.s. free home charger wait is 2.5 months… but to be honest there are a lot more chargers than I thought there will be

Got mine 3 LR a week ago - ALD/Vanarama as most of the recent ones. Delivered to the doorstep. App switched on within 8 hours or so. Logged a couple of issues right away: someone left dirt on the inside lining of the roof (guess delivery guy) and there is a mother of all alignment issues on the trunk (I can fit a finger into the gap). In a couple of days noticed some regular “cameras blind” alerts so logged those too. Mobile service comes on the 5th - will report on the findings.

Overall very impressed with the car - I tired ID3 for a month and this is a major improvement in every department. Makes my wife’s Merc feel ancient tech.

P.s. free home charger wait is 2.5 months… but to be honest there are a lot more chargers than I thought there will be
Camera issues may be UK weather and lighting at this time of year (and not actually camera issues)!