Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered this morning, was really debating a Performance model but I was honest with myself and I'd rather have the 9k for other things such as bikes or vacations. I'm never going to the track (I have a full sim racing rig for that), I think 20" wheels and tires would be an overall con (already have 18" snow tires ready to go) and finally a base LR dual motor car is plenty fast for me most of the time and if I want I can always do acceleration boost for 2k.

I'll be upgrading from essentially the same thing, a 2018 white dual motor 3 with 25k on it. It's been fantastic but used car values are so good that I should be able to upgrade for about 1k after the Colorado $2,500 rebate. The only trick is we'll be down to 1 car for four person family for 1 to 1.5 months. Might have to rent something for a few periods but should be workable. Having basically zero depreciation for 3 years is amazing and then being able to get a pretty significantly upgraded new car sounds good to me! I have an offer that is good fro 7 days so won't count my chickens before they hatch but all looks good right now.

Ordered
White/black Model 3 LR AWD
18" wheels
OD "December"

Ordered this morning, was really debating a Performance model but I was honest with myself and I'd rather have the 9k for other things such as bikes or vacations. I'm never going to the track (I have a full sim racing rig for that), I think 20" wheels and tires would be an overall con (already have 18" snow tires ready to go) and finally a base LR dual motor car is plenty fast for me most of the time and if I want I can always do acceleration boost for 2k.

I'll be upgrading from essentially the same thing, a 2018 white dual motor 3 with 25k on it. It's been fantastic but used car values are so good that I should be able to upgrade for about 1k after the Colorado $2,500 rebate. The only trick is we'll be down to 1 car for four person family for 1 to 1.5 months. Might have to rent something for a few periods but should be workable. Having basically zero depreciation for 3 years is amazing and then being able to get a pretty significantly upgraded new car sounds good to me! I have an offer that is good fro 7 days so won't count my chickens before they hatch but all looks good right now.

Ordered
White/black Model 3 LR AWD
18" wheels
OD "December"
I have this exact car...purchased it last December. I am selling it on Friday for $1,000 more than I paid for it (including taxes and adding window tint). I have 15k miles on it. WOW!!! The appreciation is insane. I ordered a MSM M3P this time. Like you, won't be going to the track, but those wheels are sick! And, I may end up selling that next year since this auto phenomenon of appreciation isn't going away anytime soon with all the chip shortages.

Reactions: HeatproofGenie
I have this exact car...purchased it last December. I am selling it on Friday for $1,000 more than I paid for it (including taxes and adding window tint). I have 15k miles on it. WOW!!! The appreciation is insane. I ordered a MSM M3P this time. Like you, won't be going to the track, but those wheels are sick! And, I may end up selling that next year since this auto phenomenon of appreciation isn't going away anytime soon with all the chip shortages.
Nice! You are right in that sweet spot of still having a very new car and getting very good valuation. How could we not take advantage of this situation?

You have me slightly second guessing not going with the 3P but my wife doesn't see the value add (she's not wrong) and honestly using those funds for other things is also not wrong. Bottom line, 3P or 3LR is a great car. Enjoy the 3P!

Reactions: Y@Trox
Nice! You are right in that sweet spot of still having a very new car and getting very good valuation. How could we not take advantage of this situation?

You have me slightly second guessing not going with the 3P but my wife doesn't see the value add (she's not wrong) and honestly using those funds for other things is also not wrong. Bottom line, 3P or 3LR is a great car. Enjoy the 3P!
There's always acceleration boost. I debated between the LR and P and came to the same decision.

Finally snagged existing inventory. Same as my ordered spec, plus sport wheels. Got them to remove FSD.

But the advisor said the $250 deposit couldn’t be transferred after the fact (didn’t want to risk someone else snatching it). Anyone have any luck getting them to do it? All in all $250 doesn’t matter, but it’d be nice.

Now to figure if it’s worth flying to MN and picking it up, or just wait for delivery.

Reactions: BnGrm
Finally snagged existing inventory. Same as my ordered spec, plus sport wheels. Got them to remove FSD.

But the advisor said the $250 deposit couldn’t be transferred after the fact (didn’t want to risk someone else snatching it). Anyone have any luck getting them to do it? All in all $250 doesn’t matter, but it’d be nice.

Now to figure if it’s worth flying to MN and picking it up, or just wait for delivery.
How much do they take off for deleting FSD?

Keep us updated! That is very cool, I didn't realize that you could remove FSD after the fact. I may need to start looking at existing inventory now!
Advisor said it’ll take up to 48 hours to update in their system. He couldn’t even see its location, which is odd since the trackers can see it.

And existing inventory is gonna be 90% SR, 8% performance, and 2% LR.

Once I realized the LR inventory is scarce and disappears instantly, I convinced my wife just to let me pay the premium for the wheels and delivery.

My friends got m3p a month ago from inventory and they got fsd removed and the price has dropped for 10k... They bought the car in Portland, OR tho.

Reactions: BnGrm

You are right - both the 3P and 3LR are great cars... I thought I would drive the 3LR for 400,000 miles, but can't pass up this deal. I have enjoyed driving the 3 these past 12 months and wouldn't want to own another car.

Trying to talk my wife into an X but she is set on wanting an E-tron

I think I already know the answer, but if I haven’t been assigned a VIN (at least in the app), will changing the color completely reset my queue?

I went with the standard white since I’m in a hot environment, but I think I really like the MSM.
So I am in the exact same spot and asked exactly that yesterday. They told me not only would my delivery date change but since there was a price increase i would also be subject to that plus the upgrade to black from white. Best you can do is ask to be put on a list that if someone cancels their MSM you can be first to know. Thats what i did.

No, the current bill is a Tesla sold after May 24th is $7500. A Tesla sold after Jan 1st is $8000. So you guys are really holding out for $500?

There is a possibility that if the House version passes, the bill will not be retroactive and in that case only cars sold in 2022 will get the credit; i.e., there is a possibility that we miss out on any credit if we take the delivery before Dec 31.

Everybody has a different situation; my EDD is right now Nov 23 - Dec 21, so I don't mind to delay by one month and get the car in January just to be on the safe side.

Reactions: xPETEx and hlin07
There is a possibility that if the House version passes, the bill will not be retroactive and in that case only cars sold in 2022 will get the credit; i.e., there is a possibility that we miss out on any credit if we take the delivery before Dec 31.

Everybody has a different situation; my EDD is right now Nov 23 - Dec 21, so I don't mind to delay by one month and get the car in January just to be on the safe side.
The safe thing to do is to wait until the bill passes, if it's not retroactive, then we take delivery in 2022, if it is retroactive, then we take delivery this year. All depends on what the final bill looks like.