Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Orlando area. I'd say give them a call and see if they have more info about a concrete delivery date.
Good thinking. I just spoke to someone who said assuming everything is on time, the delivery date will be this Saturday. She said I should be getting a call/text either Wed or Thurs to set something up.

I'm curious if a delivery date of Saturday means it can be picked up the same day?

Just reporting from the southwest desert region. As of this morning...
Order Date: 10/5/2021​
Model 3 LR/Pearl White/Dark Interior/19"​
Current EDD: 11/8 to 12/6 11/12 to 12/6​

Glad to see some movement (finally!), even though EDD has been pushed forward a bit. The good news is that our trade-in appraisal has also increased by around $1700, definitely closing the gap with the Carmax/Carvana offers we received. Along with the sales tax reduction due to the trade-in (here in AZ), seems like we're all set. Now back to waiting...

:)👍

Reactions: UserNo42
NorCal, 35 miles from Fremont. 9/3 order date, first EDD was 10/30->11/28, 2nd EDD was 11/8->12/6.

It's 11/8, no change to EDD (still 11/8->12/6), but no VIN/etc.
black/black/18/FSD/Tesla financing. (Which happened ~10/1 so hopefully this window holds given 60 day timeout)
9/3 order date, 35 miles from Fremont.
EDD1: 10/30->11/29
EDD2: 11/8->12/6
Today: 11/11->12/6

meh, whatever.

Reactions: geekxism
Got a VIN# yesterday and released it. Pushing my order in January for the govt incentive if it rolls out.

The SA mentioned that he set it up to automatically put me in the queue for a January 1st and beyond delivery order.
Been considering the same thing. Just don't want to push it out and the proposed incentive go way into 2022. The other consideration is what these things are selling for used.....way above list price.

Been considering the same thing. Just don't want to push it out and the proposed incentive go way into 2022. The other consideration is what these things are selling for used.....way above list price.
Yep! The way i see it is values for used cars won't just drop overnight it usually lags depending on customer demand. The retail cost has continued to increase and i also already locked in the price since July. The car i want is literally 2500 dollars more, so i'll have some equity from the get go. Whats an additional 1.5 to 2 months of wait. lol

I'll be selling my 2019 LR RWD, so im still driving a Tesla... all good :)

I'm ok taking delivery in 2022 as the chances are really high that Jan 1st 2022 and beyond will be on the bill. I don't see them back dating to 2021...

I get to cash out of my 2019, get the newer model cheaper than what it sell for now and likely cash in on the govt incentive? WIN WIN WIN :)

Reactions: FiteFire
Woohoo! Finally got the text asking me to schedule pick up. Any advice from those who already picked up their cars? What should I pay attention to? Panel gaps? Anything else ?

White/Black/Aero/No FSD
OD: 9/30
Scheduled Delivery: 11/20 Fort Lauderdale
Mine had a loose triangular trim piece and loose weatherstripping. Those are both things that probably would be covered under warranty without issue, so not a big deal if I only noticed later, but I still felt better having photos & record of the problems at the delivery center.

All the Model 3s next to mine at the delivery center had the same exact loose triangular trim piece. 🤦‍♂️ Only mine had the loose weatherstripping next to it though.

The most important stuff to catch is anything that might not normally be covered under warranty. E.g. missing J1772 adapter or missing mobile charging connector (note it only comes with NEMA 5-15 plug these days) , major body alignment issues (because once you drive away, it could've been crash damage + poor repair), cracked or scratched glass, scratched interior panels, missing or wrong badges, not the wheels you paid for, etc.

Anything that's normally covered under warranty, it doesn't really matter if you notice at pickup or after you take it home. Either way you'll be waiting for a service appointment, because the delivery centers don't really fix anything on site. It's probably worth making sure they're not giving you a total lemon where the interior electronics are totally borked of course.

Edit: Btw if you want perfectly consistent body panel alignment, you are buying the wrong car, don't go overboard because you'll just stress yourself out without much recourse. If anything is rubbing that shouldn't, that should be fixed of course. If anything looks so bad it might affect aerodynamics / range in a meaningful way, or let water into someplace it shouldn't go, get that fixed too. Body panel alignment on my 2021 Model 3 is overall much better than on my 2013 Model S, as I hoped. But it's no Benz or such.

Reactions: geekxism and Kamil
Anyone have your loan offer expire prior to delivery? Right now my EDD still falls within the 60 days but falls perilously close to the tail end of it. I reached out to my SA to see if he had any further confirmation of that delivery beyond what the App/Web tells me but I’m not very hopeful that he can tell me more.

OD:10/21
EDD:11/22-12/20

I know I’m still early on the wait, but has anytime started seeing movement in the North East, specifically in New Jersey. I’ve been reading through a lot of post and seen people with around the same order date and already getting Vins lol. Looks like more deliveries happing in Florida and in the west coast. I feel like I’m probably going to have to wait a bit, I’m not too confident on that EDD that’s given on the site.

I know I’m still early on the wait, but has anytime started seeing movement in the North East, specifically in New Jersey. I’ve been reading through a lot of post and seen people with around the same order date and already getting Vins lol. Looks like more deliveries happing in Florida and in the west coast. I feel like I’m probably going to have to wait a bit, I’m not too confident on that EDD that’s given on the site.
Nothing here, same order and EDD. Picking up in cherry hill. No movement since day I ordered.

Getting the blue/black interior/ 18”/No FSD

I ordered on 11/1 with an initial EDD of 12/15-12/31, which recently changed to 12/3-12/31. No VIN yet.

M3LR/MSM/White interior/18"/No FSD.