Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time lurker here, and very appreciative of the knowledge shared on these forums that helped me take the EV leap last week. Here's another data point for the group:

OD: 11/1
M3LR / DBM / BLK Interior / 18" Aeros / No FSD
EDD: 11/28 - 12/26
Maryland

Not planning on trying to delay delivery as I have a new teenage driver that needs my current ICE now. Besides, I'm certainly just a noob here, but I have a feeling that so many people requesting January deliveries are going to push EDD's well into February and beyond. Patience is not a virtue of mine - it's only been a week and I'm already refreshing my account page several times a day. :)

Reactions: FiteFire
Ordered Mod 3 Cal rt. 1and told delivery in Dec but not what year. I assume it's 2021? I heard stories of long wait so I'm clueless. Can't contact delivery assistant.
Sad state of affairs when a December 2022 date could be a legitimate question, but so far currently the M3 Long range and performance are showing estimated delivery dates of December 2021. Now if those are accurate estimates is another story completely.

I found them not to be so flexible as some of the credit unions I do business with.
Here's an interesting financing story and I wonder if it is common with banks, CU's, etc. Right after I placed my order I went to the bank I have been doing business with for 30+ years. I gave them the sales agreement and talked rates, length of loan, etc. I couldn't do anymore until I got my VIN. Got the VIN last Friday and scheduled a meeting to formally apply for the loan yesterday.

The bank pulled the credit check (my scores are in the excellent range) and got back to me this morning. Bank: "Sir, I am sorry that we will not be able to finance your car loan as the bank's policy is to not finance Teslas" Me: "Why not" Bank: "Apparently the bank will not finance any vehicles purchased through the internet. At the time we first talked even the branch manager was unaware of the policy. We would be glad to finance at an unsecured loan rate of 6.8%." Me: "I do not think that is going to happen."

Made immediate contact with Tesla to get a loan through them and had an approval in about 5 minutes. I am now set.

Incidentally, spoke to another Tesla rep and was told my car is heading out of California and I should have a EDD of 11/18.

Here's an interesting financing story and I wonder if it is common with banks, CU's, etc. Right after I placed my order I went to the bank I have been doing business with for 30+ years. I gave them the sales agreement and talked rates, length of loan, etc. I couldn't do anymore until I got my VIN. Got the VIN last Friday and scheduled a meeting to formally apply for the loan yesterday.

The bank pulled the credit check (my scores are in the excellent range) and got back to me this morning. Bank: "Sir, I am sorry that we will not be able to finance your car loan as the bank's policy is to not finance Teslas" Me: "Why not" Bank: "Apparently the bank will not finance any vehicles purchased through the internet. At the time we first talked even the branch manager was unaware of the policy. We would be glad to finance at an unsecured loan rate of 6.8%." Me: "I do not think that is going to happen."

Made immediate contact with Tesla to get a loan through them and had an approval in about 5 minutes. I am now set.

Incidentally, spoke to another Tesla rep and was told my car is heading out of California and I should have a EDD of 11/18.
Wow. They might want to get in sync with the times. Even Ford is going to try out online direct sales. Glad you got financed elsewhere though.

Reactions: tm1v2
Bit the bullet and ordered a 2022 after talking to a Tesla advisor. Delivery is on hold til Jan 2022, which is pretty close to my current EDD anyways. I'm sure I would be one of the very last December deliveries anyways.

Looking forward to the profit and EV credit! Let's see how it goes over the next few weeks.

OD:10/21
EDD:11/22-12/20

I know I’m still early on the wait, but has anytime started seeing movement in the North East, specifically in New Jersey. I’ve been reading through a lot of post and seen people with around the same order date and already getting Vins lol. Looks like more deliveries happing in Florida and in the west coast. I feel like I’m probably going to have to wait a bit, I’m not too confident on that EDD that’s given on the site.
I'm NY and still waiting on an 8/15 OD. Was told early Dec. Although I think my location is servicing a very big area. I would have been better served taking a NYC delivery location.