Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning my estimated delivery time went from “March 4 - March 18” to “8 - 12 weeks from order date” Any else have this happen?

I placed my order on 01/04/21. Red w/ White interior and 18” Aero Wheels.

Seeing VINs assigned for orders placed weeks after mine is very frustrating.
Yes, I think most of us have had that happen recently. As far as others getting their VIN before you, it may be because they live farther east than you and Tesla is delivering east to west.

Yes, I think most of us have had that happen recently. As far as others getting their VIN before you, it may be because they live farther east than you and Tesla is delivering east to west.

Looks like he lives in Florida - I would guess that his color combination hasnt been produced yet this quarter. WHen they produce it, i am sure he will be somewhere near the top of the list.

Reactions: M321
Looks like he lives in Florida - I would guess that his color combination hasnt been produced yet this quarter. WHen they produce it, i am sure he will be somewhere near the top of the list.

I wonder if they have to hit a certain number of orders before they produce the car... Arbitrarily lets say they wait for 1000 orders of Red/White/Performance then get them on the line. But like a Big Mac, they're just steady producing White/Black/LR because it always has the set number of pending orders. Either way, I guess its both Good and Bad to have more demand than product.

Just picked up my Model 3 LR in the rain. No gaps or noticeable problems. I’ll put it in the garage tonight and look more closely but need to go back to the office (to pay for the darn thing). One good piece of info: mine is a 02/21 build and does have the heated steering.

Congratulations! Gives me hope when I see people picking up their cars.
How did you find the build date?

To answer questions:

A. Headlights are new style (based on pics I’ve found) but I don’t know how to tell if they are adaptive headlights or not. If someone posts a shorthand version of how to tell, I’ll do my best.

B. Build date by month and year is on driver side door sticker. My SA told me that it had a “gate date” of February 7th.

New to this thread but not new to waiting. Ordered an M3P on 11/6. Yesterday after the 1k price drop on the LR and taking one on a test drive, I changed my order to an LR. Checking in to see what kind of delivery dates people in So. Cal are seeing as my account hasn't changed over to my new build yet.