Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received text and email to schedule for delivery for Nov 22-24.
Was not expecting this since they told me they were going to assign me another vehicle because the one I ordered from the existing inventory would not ship back to NJ.
I want to wait on the news for the EV tax credit this week before emailing my SA
I ordered on Nov 8th White exterior / Black interior

M3LRAWD - White - black interior, standard Aero wheels - NO UPGRADES
Ordered: 10/15/21
Window started 11/20 - 12/20
Day 30 - Sat 11/13/21 - TA - Colin texted (510) 330-2539 /called (888) 518-3752 me for tradein details.
Day 31 - Window deliver changed to 11/26 - 12/9 (Awesome) - no VIN yet with backdoor source code Ctrl +F "5YJ" search.
My Targeting VIN coming Day 37 on 11/20
My targeting Delivery would be another 11 days Day 48 - 12/1

Appears from the World M3 waiting list that Performance models are being currently delivered in half wait times to the other model 3's.

Was not expecting this since they told me they were going to assign me another vehicle because the one I ordered from the existing inventory would not ship back to NJ.
I want to wait on the news for the EV tax credit this week before emailing my SA

congrats you moved very fast through the queue !

NJ state tax credit or something I missed in the Joe Manchin Infrastructure bill?

2021 Model 3 Long Range AWD white on white.
Ordered: 10/20
Estimated Delivery: November 25 - December 23
Delivery Location: Bay Area, CA

Question to folks here:
When I entered delivery location it didn't ask me which delivery option I want (Home,SC etc.). It only asked for my address and I cannot change it anymore.
It now simply says:

Did anyone get the same odd behaviour?
I was hoping to get SC delivery in Palo Alto instead of home delivery.
Almost - like that for me - the delivery went to the closet Tesla retail service center store near me - We have several in Chicago region.

Alrighty then, registration, payment and trade-in confirmed. Just waiting on a VIN to get some insurance action going. Electricians scheduled for 14-50 quotes and countless hours of Tesla specific Youtube. I assume everyone else is doing the same. :D

The agony of waiting continues!
Luckily I have had an EVs for 7 years (M3 will be #3) and now have a dual wall charger L2 7.7kw on a 40 amp circuit with two JuiceNet 40's - self installed. Direct cost to an electrician for balance of system beyond the EVSE chosen is about $150-200 pending wire distance to main service panel - mine is about 35' (feet) on opposite corner. Labor 2-4 hours - $120/hr comes to 450 - 600 nice range - over that is pure excessiv profit pending some one off issue.
EVSE JuiceBox cropped.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul4343
Hmm, I know there was already a heat pump added to the 2021 mid-year. Maybe this is an updated version?
Sounds like you are ahead of me on the knowledge curve - this was pretty much a quote from Colin - my TA - the 2022 vs 2021 was my direct question that returned this answer. Hope the heat pump works much better than the heat pump on our Nissan Leaf 2015 because it sucks deadly royal at 5F in the winter.

My advisor has been helpful, but usually only if I send an email asking questions. Neat that yours called with an update like this. Did you get this information before or after getting a VIN?
Still in pre VIN mode at Day 30 - It was the TradeIn details they wanted since I was planning on calling Peddle.com to spiff me $955 on a 2006 Honda civic GX (CNG) car. Yes that is NOVA 14 years ago!!

I am in a weird situation. I got approved for this Tesla model 3 Nov 8th
I just got my Model Y delivery Nov 6th
I also got approved for a third model 3 I am assuming it’s because nothing is showing on my credit report yet. I want to wait for ev credit but deliver will be in January which by then will show both on credit report. I wonder if they can take back the approval before delivery.
I want to rent one out with Turo that is why I want the second and third model 3.