Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the additional info. I also want to look at the car before I give them all the money...so it will be a cashiers check. Which model did you get? I placed an order for the LR in October but put a hold on it until January. I'm hoping the EV incentives get sorted out by EOY. I just had a NEMA 14-50 installed last week. I keeps staring at me and I can't avoid looking back at it. Oh well.....
I got a M3 LR AWD in MSM with 18” wheels and black interior. Love it. You are smart to line up the NEMA 14-50 ahead of time. I am trickle charging for now, which actually gets me a little more than I need each day for my regular commute. I think I’ll still have an electrician come out to install a drier plug so I have a little more recharge capability. Good luck with your delivery (and your wait)!

I got to drive by and see that my car was on the lot and charging, at least, even though my delivery got pushed back to 11/27 instead of today. I asked, and they have a backlog of cars to wash and detail to get out the door. I went ahead and looked for exterior defects and panel gaps since I was there and didn't see anything obvious.

It's a brand new Service Center/Showroom, and they are short-staffed. They've also blown past their projected sales numbers since they've opened.

Reactions: ReeseyCup
I can't believe people are taking delivery between now and January! It seems very likely taking delivery in January will save you $8k.
There are no guarantees the tax credit will be there January 1st. Plus Tesla is likely starting to get pissed off about delayed orders. My guess is you will have the order cancelled or go to the back of the line. Not a big deal for M3, likely just for the MY.

I can't believe people are taking delivery between now and January! It seems very likely taking delivery in January will save you $8k.
What makes you think this bill will pass with the EV credit still intact? It’s one of the main issues Joe Manchin has raised with the bill and would be an easy way to cut the spending in the bill while pleasing Manchin.

Reactions: T3SLAROD
There are no guarantees the tax credit will be there January 1st. Plus Tesla is likely starting to get pissed off about delayed orders. My guess is you will have the order cancelled or go to the back of the line. Not a big deal for M3, likely just for the MY.
This was my thinking for taking delivery next week. Chance the bill takes additional months to pass, chance you go to end of line and are looking at March or later delivery. Chance Tesla decides to change the rules & cancels all orders on hold & raises prices, or something else. Tesla doesn’t answer to customers, they answer to Wall St.

I ordered the car before the bill passed, so I was Ok with the price at the time. Still too many unknowns IMO.

Hopefully it does pass and in 2023-2027 I can use the point of sale discount for a new vehicle, maybe even the CT.

What makes you think this bill will pass with the EV credit still intact? It’s one of the main issues Joe Manchin has raised with the bill and would be an easy way to cut the spending in the bill while pleasing Manchin.
I think the bill in its current form will not pass. The bill seems to be slanted for the wealthy, which seems crazy for what the dems have stood for. Time will tell.

Reactions: Arrax
This was my thinking for taking delivery next week. Chance the bill takes additional months to pass, chance you go to end of line and are looking at March or later delivery. Chance Tesla decides to change the rules & cancels all orders on hold & raises prices, or something else. Tesla doesn’t answer to customers, they answer to Wall St.

I ordered the car before the bill passed, so I was Ok with the price at the time. Still too many unknowns IMO.

Hopefully it does pass and in 2023-2027 I can use the point of sale discount for a new vehicle, maybe even the CT.
That’s my approach as well.

Reactions: Arrax
I think the bill in its current form will not pass. The bill seems to be slanted for the wealthy, which seems crazy for what the dems have stood for. Time will tell.
I agree. It’s totally slanted towards upper middle class/straight up wealthy people. Honestly, even though the EV credit would help me, I would have liked to have seen the progressive caucus kill this bill on principle back in the house. This started with free city college, a Medicare expansion, and paid family leave. Now all that’s left is a tax break for wealthy people and a few tiny crumbs for the people who actually needed help.
Even this EV credit is a rich person thing. To be blunt, none of the people in this forum need the credit. We are all at least middle class to be even considering buying 50,000 dollar electric vehicles. I would much rather see my taxes pay for hearing/dental for retirees or college for kids than pad other people like me’s EV purchases.

I agree. It’s totally slanted towards upper middle class/straight up wealthy people. Honestly, even though the EV credit would help me, I would have liked to have seen the progressive caucus kill this bill on principle back in the house. This started with free city college, a Medicare expansion, and paid family leave. Now all that’s left is a tax break for wealthy people and a few tiny crumbs for the people who actually needed help.
Even this EV credit is a rich person thing. To be blunt, none of the people in this forum need the credit. We are all at least middle class to be even considering buying 50,000 dollar electric vehicles. I would much rather see my taxes pay for hearing/dental for retirees or college for kids than pad other people like me’s EV purchases.

Agreed 100% and on top of that there are several State incentives to help! In California alone it's possible to get up to $10k in State incentives pending available funding.

Reactions: Arrax and Harfagri
Sen. Manchin has taken issue with the bonus credit for vehicles produced by union workers. I have never read where he disagrees with the core $7500. I have seen articles that do a poor job of differentiation between the two credits, making it appear he is against them all.

I agree as well for the most part. However, this could help lower income people afford them by popularizing them in the upper middle class, creating a large supply, which will eventually pour into the used fleet. This will make them affordable if supply is high enough, reducing US emissions.

I don’t understand why the credit is not more stringent. If the credit demanded the vehicle cost less than $35000 and have 250mi min range, this would push EVs to within reach of most of the population, as well as push manufacturers to accelerate lowering costs.

I agree as well for the most part. However, this could help lower income people afford them by popularizing them in the upper middle class, creating a large supply, which will eventually pour into the used fleet. This will make them affordable if supply is high enough, reducing US emissions.

I don’t understand why the credit is not more stringent. If the credit demanded the vehicle cost less than $35000 and have 250mi min range, this would push EVs to within reach of most of the population, as well as push manufacturers to accelerate lowering costs.
I’m not sure what vehicles are out there since the Bolt production has stopped. Hybrids don’t make sense to me since you still have an ICE to maintain plus a battery. But as a Tesla shareholder it’s good news if it passes.

I still have not heard a good reason why we need an incentive in place for people to buy a car with a wait list as long as Tesla? For that matter, most EV’s are wait list. Demand doesn’t seem to be the problem. Why not put the money to facilitate production so I’m not on a nearly four month wait!!

Reactions: FiteFire